freephoneline.ca - Free Local Soft Phone Line for lifetime VOIP

Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9383 posts
958 upvotes
GTA
Webslinger wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 10:05 pm
Registration is required for incoming calls. It is not required for outgoing calls. If you simply want to make outgoing calls using your FPL number, configure, but don't register the account, on the SIP app being used. This is also important to consider if you're using Freephoneline's desktop application (don't have it running while using your ATA with the same FPL account).
That is a cool tip. I am going to setup my cell like that so I can use it to make outgoing long distance calls when mobile but still receive calls on my main ATA.
Mar 14, 2009
240 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
My Google voice (using SP2) on obi200 suddenly stop working. Getting Reason Code 500. Any idea how to reset? Tried to google for this reason code 500 but did not find any answer.

The "SP2 Service Status" is Connected
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3275 upvotes
boon1 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2018 9:36 pm
My Google voice (using SP2) on obi200 suddenly stop working. Getting Reason Code 500. Any idea how to reset? Tried to google for this reason code 500 but did not find any answer.

The "SP2 Service Status" is Connected
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/google- ... d-2189964/

You’ll need to either update official firmware (and possibly reprovision GV using Obitalk.com) or use hacked firmware.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Oct 30, 2012
962 posts
261 upvotes
Hamilton
I didnt' know there's hacked firmware, I went with official firmware and had to reprovision GV and changes through obitalk.com

But at least GV started working again.
May 9, 2006
700 posts
94 upvotes
Mississauga
can someone please help me troubleshoot the problem please?
my freephoneonline with obihai 200(I believe its 200) was working fine for 3 years but since yesterday it stopped working. my phone line light is not coming on. Power and internet light is on and green, interent light is flashing fast as if its looking for a server. I logged onto obitalk to see the status and its showing device is offline. when I download freephoneline application on the computer, the application on the computer is working fine.
I am using rogers modem(same gigabit modem for a year), no router. I rebooted the modem many times, I also rebooted OTA by unplugging it. still no luck, can someone please guide me?

thanks
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15161 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
djjungly wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 11:08 am
can someone please help me troubleshoot the problem please?
my freephoneonline with obihai 200(I believe its 200) was working fine for 3 years but since yesterday it stopped working. my phone line light is not coming on. Power and internet light is on and green, interent light is flashing fast as if its looking for a server. I logged onto obitalk to see the status and its showing device is offline. when I download freephoneline application on the computer, the application on the computer is working fine.
I am using rogers modem(same gigabit modem for a year), no router. I rebooted the modem many times, I also rebooted OTA by unplugging it. still no luck, can someone please guide me?

thanks
Is the obi200 running the latest firmware release? Tried restoring the FPL configuration from a working backup? Tried to confiigure FPL after resetting the obi? Is SIP ALG disabled on the Rogers modem? Can you log into the obi's web gui?

Not sure if any of this will help.
May 9, 2006
700 posts
94 upvotes
Mississauga
audit13 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 12:18 pm
Is the obi200 running the latest firmware release? Tried restoring the FPL configuration from a working backup? Tried to confiigure FPL after resetting the obi? Is SIP ALG disabled on the Rogers modem? Can you log into the obi's web gui?

Not sure if any of this will help.
thank you so much for your reply. in my frustration I deleted the device on obitalk, I factory reset the OTA by putting pin and restarting as per their reset instructions. I am still not getting green light on the phone or tone, I have a feeling its something to do with Rogers. how do I check SIP ALG on rogers? can you guide me?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15161 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
djjungly wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 12:35 pm
thank you so much for your reply. in my frustration I deleted the device on obitalk, I factory reset the OTA by putting pin and restarting as per their reset instructions. I am still not getting green light on the phone or tone, I have a feeling its something to do with Rogers. how do I check SIP ALG on rogers? can you guide me?
Images
  • Untitled.png
May 9, 2006
700 posts
94 upvotes
Mississauga
audit13 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 12:52 pm
thank you so much!!
I was able to log into rogers modem and notice SIP ALG was enabled so I disabled it, rebooted the modem to ensure if the configuration was disabled after reboot.
The problem still exist, no phone line.
I did factory reset of OTA again, one thing I notice that when I plug in the cord with PIN inserted in reset, it first comes with red light, then slow green light at which point I let go the pin, then green becomes solid but OTA never reboots. I don't see step 4 and 5 happening, it goes from slow green flash to solid green.

Step 2: Reset the OBi Device Using the Physical Pin (Button)
1. With a paper clip (or similar) depress the reset pin located at the bottom of the OBi.
2. While keeping the reset pin depressed, plug-in the power cord.
First, the Power LED will turn red, then become sold green.
Keep depressing the reset pin while this is occurring.
3. After 10 seconds, the Power LED will start to flash green (slowly).
You may now release the reset pin.
4. Within 5 seconds, the Power LED will start to flash green rapidly for about 3 seconds.
5. Next the Power LED will change to red briefly indicating the OBi is now rebooting.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15161 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
Do you see the obi200 in the list of connected clients on the modem? If not, that means the obi is not getting an IP address from the modem.
May 9, 2006
700 posts
94 upvotes
Mississauga
audit13 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 2:31 pm
Do you see the obi200 in the list of connected clients on the modem? If not, that means the obi is not getting an IP address from the modem.
interesting, I don't see any obi on the list of connected device:( is that mean my port on OTA is busted because I tried changing port on the modem with same result.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15161 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
djjungly wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 3:17 pm
interesting, I don't see any obi on the list of connected device:( is that mean my port on OTA is busted because I tried changing port on the modem with same result.
If you cannot see the obi200 in your list of attached devices, that means the obi200 is not getting an IP address from the router. This would explain FPL not working.

When you connect the obi200 to the router, does the lan port on the router light up? Is DHCP enabled on the obi200 and router?
May 9, 2006
700 posts
94 upvotes
Mississauga
audit13 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 4:53 pm
If you cannot see the obi200 in your list of attached devices, that means the obi200 is not getting an IP address from the router. This would explain FPL not working.

When you connect the obi200 to the router, does the lan port on the router light up? Is DHCP enabled on the obi200 and router?
yes when I turn on obi, lan port light on modem and ota comes up and they are flashing. I checked Modem config and DHCP is turned on. How do I check for Obi200? I cant even connect Obi to obitalk. sorry I am at lost:(
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15161 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
djjungly wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 5:55 pm
yes when I turn on obi, lan port light on modem and ota comes up and they are flashing. I checked Modem config and DHCP is turned on. How do I check for Obi200? I cant even connect Obi to obitalk. sorry I am at lost:(
If you reset the obi200, it would default to using DHCP.

Did try try to reset by connecting a handset to the phone port and use ***8 from the IVR to reset the device?