Freebies

freephoneline.ca - Free Local Soft Phone Line for lifetime VOIP

Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3260 upvotes
YLSF wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 10:34 am
Thanks again for the response. I was aware that FPL coiuld only be registered to one account at a time and I had it set not to register on both apps when making outgoing calls but it turns out that I had activated the "push" servivce for incoming calls on Groundwire so I changed that and I actually disabled that account for now too as an added check.
These three things need to be disabled (while troubleshooting):

1. In Groundwire, for the account(s) (edit account menu) in question, select "Off -- Do Not Register" for incoming calls.

2. There's also a global setting (found under settings-->Incoming calls), which will affect your accounts if they're set to use to the global setting for incoming calls. So you may need to change that to “Off — Do Not Register” as well.

3. Additionally, "Outgoing calls need registration" needs to be disabled in Groundwire (Edit Account—>Advanced Settings). This setting should always be disabled for FPL even when not troubleshooting.

a. In Zoiper, also disable push (if you subscribe to that feature). Ensure your FPL account is disabled, and lastly if there's a setting similar to "Outgoing calls need registration" ensure that is disabled as well.

I found out that the problem with my ATA went behind calling 905 numbers
Sorry, I'm not sure what "behind calling" means.

4. Remember that under "Edit Account"-->Advanced Settings-->Expires needs to be 3600 for FPL in Groundwire

because went I called a 902 Shopper's Drug mart (good idea for test numbers BTW!) it didn't work and then I tried other 416 numbers beside my cell and it didn't work but 647 numbers worked
The 416 and 250 numbers here are useful: http://thetestcall.blogspot.com/.

5. a) We need to look at your call status in the ATA while the call is occurring.

Status-->Call Status

b) Check call history after the call attempt is made

Status-->Call History

6. And you'd need to provide the ITSP digitmap for FPL

7. Provide the phone port's digitmap

Physical Interfaces-->Phone Port

8. Provide the Phone port's outboundcallroute

9. Check under Physical Interfaces-->Phone Port to ensure the PrimaryLine is set to FPL.

10. In the ATA, check registration status
Status-->System Status-->SP(FPL) Service status

11. Check what the SIP status and SIP user agent indicates after logging in at https://www.freephoneline.ca/showSipSettings

I especially want to see what the SIP user agent is when you have these problems.

I am confused by one thing in your various posts. The PDF guide you have for FPL doesn't mention the latest firmware but mentions some other firmwares where the guide will work in. I assume it will work fine with 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX) and it just hasn't been updated yet.
Yes. And nothing involving Tropo will work because that service is no longer offered.
Is that what you recommend people to use for firmware on the OBI200?
For Google Voice, yes
I see there is a modded version available as well but I don't think I need anything on the modded version right now (i.e. sounds like it is for Google Voice use but I don't even know if that works on the obi200).
The hacked firmware does work on an OBi200, but I'm not going to be answering/troubleshooting questions about it. You can ask over here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r317927 ... mware-mods.
On this post - 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX) there is mention of OBI not allowing people to manually update to the latest firmware on the devices. Does that mean you can updated to 3.22 build 5921EX but not beyond that ?
It means that you can download the firmware and install it yourself without using Obitalk.com or waiting for Obihai to push it to your device: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php? ... 2#msg95322.
Or does it mean that updating to this build even doesn't work.
It works perfectly fine.

I can't say I'm looking forward to going through your dialplan (6,7,and 8). For me, that's time consuming (I can take a look, but sometimes I just want to relax given this is Friday). You could also ask at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip about your dialplan. There are people over there that are better at parsing broken dial plans than I am.
Alternatively, you could perform a factory reset, and then go through the PDF guide again: https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubl ... tory-Reset.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9297 posts
905 upvotes
GTA
Hey Webslinger, I have some updates. First, I appreciate all your help to this point. If this gets too time consuming I will post over at DSLreports but I don't need any special dial plan or anything so if it is an issue with the way the dial plan or phoneport is setup I can use the default ones that you find work. I am willing to change any setting around on the unit.

Ok, I was following your PDF guide and I set my second Obi200 based on your instructions in that PDF. I updated the firmware to the non-modded one as per your previous response. I don't believe that this ATA was ever changed as it was still new in the box and I would have been the only person to test anything on it.

So, after setting up the new Obi200 I am able to call some numbers and not others. It goes beyond (that is the word I meant to type before... not behind) just not being able to call some 905 numbers. For example I tried 3 shopper's drug marks in Oakville and 2 of them worked (all 905 numbers) and one didn't. I called the number on the testblog that you posted to earlier (http://thetestcall.blogspot.com/) and the top two numbers don't dial but the third one works). There is no call status or call history for any of the numbers that do not dial (silence and then a busy signal after 5 seconds) but it seems to be showing fine for the calls I can connect to.

I have disabled my accounts in Zoiper and Groundwire and I have also made sure there is no push activated on groundwire (I didn't subscribe to that for zoiper). The accounts aren't active on either phone so that shouldn't be an issue.

I also set up the auto attendant based on your instructions. I tested it with the a few of the numbers that I couldn't direct dial with the phone connected to my ATA and it works, I am able to call them with the auto attendant so maybe that helps you to figure out what the issue is.

Answering your questions based on numbers above

6 - ITSP Profile A Digimap

(1xxxxxxxxxx|011XX.S3|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|*98|[2-9]11)

7 - Phone port digimap (I didn't notice you had a setting for this in your PDF, I didn't change it from default but I notice it doesn't have the [2-9]xxxxxxxxx that you said it needs to have. I will wait to hear what you think before changing the phone port Digimap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

8 - Outbound Callroute
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

9 - Physical Interfaces-->Phone Port is set to FPL

10 - Status Registered (server=162.213.111.22:5060; expire in 2943s) help
PrimaryProxyServer [0]162.213.111.22:5060;expire in 2943s; renew in 2343s
SecondaryProxyServer Secondary Registration Not Enabled
CallState 0 Active Calls

doesn't change when I try to make a call that doesn't connect

11 - sip status and user agent stays the same on FPL website even when making the calls that don't connect

SIP Status: connected
SIP User Agent: OBIHAI/OBi200-3.2.2.5921
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3260 upvotes
YLSF wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 4:50 pm

So, after setting up the new Obi200 I am able to call some numbers and not others.

Nothing is really jumping out at me. Mpli represents the digitmap for the primary line, and it's included in the phone port's digitmap. You said you've set your primary line to FPL.
While it doesn't hurt to add [2-9]xxxxxxxxx to your phone port's digitmap (and I have it in mine), it makes zero sense to me why you should have to (you shouldn't), but I'm pretty worn out and tired at the moment.
I guess try that.

Also after {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}, },{(<##:>):li}, add {(Msp1):sp1} in your phone port's outboundcallroute provided SP1 is FPL. If it's not, then change 1 to whatever SP FPL is setup on. Again, I fail to see why you should have to enter this at all.

The Auto Attendant does have its own separate dial plan. But if it's primary line is also set to FPL, then I give up.

Beyond that, sorry, maybe try asking at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0. azrobert there is really good with dialplans.
You can also try http://www.dslreports.com/forum/
For example I tried 3 shopper's drug marks in Oakville and 2 of them worked (all 905 numbers) and one didn't.
This is pretty bizarre to me that this is happening at defaults. I mean unless I’m misinterpreting something, it seems almost random. You say two 905 numbers work, but another 905 number doesn’t. That makes it difficult to believe it’s a dial plan issue. I would expect no 905 number to work. It's as though there's no pattern. Maybe I've been approaching this problem the wrong way. The dead air makes me think of a corrupted NAT association/sudden closed port. What's throwing me off is your Linksys PAP2 working.
So I hooked back up my Linksys Pap2 and it is working fine for the outgoing calls I tested including the Halifax/902 number. I waited a bit and tried again and seems fine for outgoing calls.
Are you testing your PAP2 attached to the exact same router as your OBi200? And are you using the exact same phone attached to it as well?
What brand and model router are you using?

I think I would switch ProxyServer to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060.

And then the next time this problem happens where an outbound call goes to dead air, Navigate to Voice Services-->SP(FPL) Service-->X_UserAgentPort
Pick a new random number between 30000 and 60000. Now can you call the same number that you weren't able to before?

You could try collecting a syslog file and looking through to see if anything seems odd: https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubl ... g-from-OBi. But this is getting to be a lot of work.
Last edited by Guest1284983 on Dec 7th, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9297 posts
905 upvotes
GTA
Webslinger wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 7:02 pm
What's throwing me off is your Linksys PAP2 working.

Are you testing your PAP2 attached to the exact same router as your OBi200? And are you using the exact same phone attached to it as well?
What brand and model router are you using?
Thanks for the follow up. Yes, the Pap2 was connected to the same router (through a switch after the router). I have my main DSL modem in bridge mode and then the router connected to that. I am using the same phone as well. I am going to reconnect the Pap2 and make sure that all of the test numbers work with that one.
The didn't set up the autoattendant to use a different service provider. I only have freephoneline right now as my provider.

I will take a look into the dialplans tomorrow and I will post over at the other forums to see if anyone has any other ideas. I will post back here regardless to update on the status which will hopefully help for other people in case this issue arises.

Yeah, it is very odd that some calls out work and others don't. I thought it maybe had to do with the prefix of the call like if I called 905-827-xxxx numbers they all seem to work but maybe I should try to find some number of the 905-465 or whatever numbers that aren't working and see if I call 10 of those if they all don't work.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3260 upvotes
YLSF wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 11:46 pm
and then the router connected to that.
What brand and model router?
The didn't set up the autoattendant to use a different service provider.
Voice Services-->Auto Attendant

You should find the Auto Attendant's default digitmap is exactly the same as the default digitmap for the Phone Port. Further, the only differences in the Outboundcallroute for the phone port and the AA are that the Auto Attendant has {0:ph}, which makes dialing 0 reach the phone port, and the Phone Port's Outboundcallroute has {**0:aa},{***:aa2}, which makes dialing **0 reach the Auto Attendant and *** reach the device admin, respectively. The Outboundcallroutes are, otherwise, exactly the same. Primary Line, by default, for AA should be SP1, which is probably FPL. In order for calls to go out over SP(FPL), using the AA, FPL's digitmap has to work. That means whatever problem you're having is not related to dialplans since you claim calls using AA work. That's why I said I give up.
I called 905-827-xxxx numbers they all seem to work but maybe I should try to find some number of the 905-465 or whatever numbers
I don't think this issue is dialplan related. [2-9]xxxxxxxxx covers any possible 905 or 10 digit number you can dial. Mpli (digitmap for the primary line, which is likely SP1) is listed in the Phone Port's digitmap and the Auto Attendant's Digitmap (also, ITSP digitmaps are just extensions of the phone port digitmap anyway). {(Mpli):pli} is in the outboundcallroute for both the phone port and the AA and means anything that's dialed that matches the primary line's digitmap is sent out over the primary line, which is SP1.
YLSF wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 4:50 pm

7 - Phone port digimap (I didn't notice you had a setting for this in your PDF
I don't because it works at default settings, provided FPL is the primary line.
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

8 - Outbound Callroute
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
Phone port digitmap, ([1-9]x?*(Mpli), and Phone port outbound callroute, {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp, are for using speed dial number as ad hoc gateways.
https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/ ... nGuide.pdf (page 181).
You will most likely never use this feature.
PP = the OBiTALK Service (they have their own network; you can dial other obihai devices)
**9 is for dialing out using Obitalk service

[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9 in the digitmap is for supporting speed dial numbers.

911 is obvious

**0 is for reaching AA

*** is for reaching device admin

# is for phone port collaboration on an OBi202 (press# to call the other phone port)
I'm not positive what would happen if you just press # on an OBi200 without dialing a phone number first. Otherwise, # sends what you’ve dialed immediately through the phone port.

## is useless unless you own an OBi110, OBi212, or have OBiLine
LI = the PSTN Line Service on the LINE port
**70 is similarly useless

BT = OBiBlueTooth 1 Service
BT2 = OBiBlueTooth 2 Serv
You need an OBiBluetooth adapater in order to use this, so **8, *81, *82 are probably useless for you

**1,**2,**3,**4 is for calling out via SP1,SP2,SP3, and SP4, respectively.

pli = primary line
Mpli = primary line digitmap

9 - Physical Interfaces-->Phone Port is set to FPL
So, if Mpli is included in your phone port's digitmap, that means FPL's digitmap is also included in the phone port's digitmap because FPL is the primary line (and ITSP digitmaps are also extensions of the phone port digitmap anyway). If {(Mpli):pli} is in the outboundcallroute, that means any number you dial that is validated/matched by the primary line's digitmap is sent out using the primary line's service provider. And you've stated the primary line is FPL. These same rules apply to the AA since Mpli is in AA's digitmap and {(Mpli):pli} is in AA's outboundcallroute. FPL is the primary line for AA. You claim AA works.

At first I thought the issue might be related to having your FPL account provisioned on Groundwire while both Push and "outgoing calls need registration" enabled (please make sure you have "outgoing calls need registration" disabled in Groundwire), but nope. And then I thought the issue might be the dialplan, but nope.

So now, I'm left with guessing at NAT and UDP timeout issues in the router (but you say the PAP2 works perfectly fine), unless there's some hardware issue with the phone, the phone cord, or with a cord not securely attached to the back of the ATA.

Again, I think I would switch ProxyServer to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060.

And then the next time this problem happens where an outbound call goes to dead air, navigate to Voice Services-->SP(FPL) Service-->X_UserAgentPort in the ATA.
Pick a new random number between 30000 and 60000. Now can you call the same number that you weren't able to before--at least for 5 or 30 minutes?

The first thing a newcomer would start doing is port forwarding, or worse, using DMZ, both of which are security risks, but I don't understand why incoming calls are working, why the Auto Attendant is working, why the PAP2 is working, and why it appears to be a random problem.

I'm pretty confused by the seeming randomness of this issue. And I'm wondering if the problem happens after a certain amount of time. That is, can you dial whatever you want for maybe 5 or 30 minutes (after rebooting the ATA or after changing X_UserAgentPort)--and then suddenly, outbound calls start failing? If not, I'm completely lost. Again, you could try collecting a syslog file and looking through it to see if anything seems odd when you're making a call that fails: https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubl ... g-from-OBi. But yeah, I think I give up.
Last edited by Guest1284983 on Dec 7th, 2018 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9297 posts
905 upvotes
GTA
Webslinger wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 4:31 am
What brand and model router?
Thanks again for your posts. I am following up just so you know I took your advice and tried what you suggested. I am going to bring the ATA to other physical locations with different internet connections and see if it changes the outcome and also try the syslog and post on the other forums you mentioned but to answer some of your questions on your last post -

It is an Asus n66u. I am going to be upgrading to an Asus AC2900 router in the next day or two though and actually changing internet providers (the whole reason why I have been trying to get VOIP working on the device is because of an early Cogeco/Bell port and me losing my regular business phone lines which are not on VOIP yet).

Voice Services-->Auto Attendant
Yeah, it looks like the dialplan is relatively the same for the auto attendant as per your post. I double checked and the AA can definitely dial out the same numbers that I can't dial out directly too. I tried multiple numbers that I can't manually direct dial to and they all work on the AA.
unless there's some hardware issue with the phone, the phone cord, or with a cord not securely attached to the back of the ATA.

I can rule out any issues with the phone as I do get dial tone, and it does come back with a "busy" type signal after 5 to 10 seconds and the phone does work fine with my Linksys Pap2 for the same calls
Again, I think I would switch ProxyServer to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060.
I tried this and same results on the numbers I could or couldn't call.
Pick a new random number between 30000 and 60000.

I tried changing the port multiple times but again didn't make any changes. I can call the number that doesn't work and then call a number that does work (the numbers are consistent, they always work or always don't work) without anytime in between. I can switch back and forth. I have 6 or 7 numbers I can cycle through on a list with an x or checkmark beside them so I know which work and which don't.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3260 upvotes
YLSF wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 11:59 am

I am going to be upgrading to an Asus AC2900 router
Hope you’re sticking Merlin on that, unless you need Mesh for some reason: https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca.

I tried multiple numbers that I can't manually direct dial to and they all work on the AA.
Makes no sense to me at all. AA contains the primary line digitmap by default, Mpli, and {(Mpli):pli} is in AA's outboundcallroute. Primary line is FPL.

so I know which work and which don't.
PM me the ones that don’t.

Honestly, this situation is probably the most confusing one I’ve come across.

What happens if you direct dial a 10 digit number that doesn’t work and then press “#”?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9297 posts
905 upvotes
GTA
Webslinger wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 12:22 pm
Hope you’re sticking Merlin on that, unless you need Mesh for some reason: https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca.

Yeah will probably use it for AI mesh. I have the same router at home and at my mom's house too and those are single routers so I might add Merlin on the one at my house. I will take the ATA home tonight and test on that network too..
PM me the ones that don’t.
Sent you a PM with numbers that don't work
What happens if you direct dial a 10 digit number that doesn’t work and then press “#”?
It just skips the "silence" and goes right to a busy tone when I do that.

One thing I noticed, I changed the SIP server to an incorrrect server by accident when I was playing around with the server address (voip4, voip2, voip.freephoneline). When I dialed a number that normally worked it said the call could not be completed because of the service provider code 404. However, when I called a number that didn't work I got the same silence and then a few seconds and then the busy tone.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3260 upvotes
YLSF wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 2:50 pm

It just skips the "silence" and goes right to a busy tone when I do that.

Okay, I can call all of those numbers perfectly fine.

@YLSF This is a complete stab in the darkness, but does any 10 digit phone number with a "3" in it not work? All the ones you sent me that don't work have "3" in the phone number.
My thought is the full phone number isn't being picked up when dialing out using the handset attached to OBi200. So, for example, if I dial a 9 digit number (which is obviously missing 1 digit),
the call never goes out, and I eventually get a busy signal. That's the exact same thing that happens to you. So, for whatever, reason, the full phone number isn't being recognized by the ATA when you dial it. That seems like a handset issue to me. I don't know if voltage is the reason (that may explain why it works with the PAP2 and not the OBi200) or if the "3" button is dying, but I would try a completely different phone handset attached to the back of the OBi200. And also make sure, while testing, that you're not attaching the OBi200 to existing house telephone jack wiring.

I realize you're using the same phone with the PAP2, but one difference between AA and using a phone attached to the phone port of the OBi200 is that you're using a different handset to dial.
Can you please test with a completely different phone attached to the back of your OBi200 and without attaching the OBi200 to any existing building telephone wiring? I'm pretty sure the full phone number isn't being recognized by the ATA for the numbers that are failing. But the problem is I don't know the reason why.

I feel like I'm playing one of those puzzle video games and keep dying repeatedly because I can't solve the puzzle. lol. This is starting to drive me nuts.
Last edited by Guest1284983 on Dec 2nd, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9297 posts
905 upvotes
GTA
Webslinger wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 3:16 pm

I feel like I'm playing one of those puzzle video games and keep dying repeatedly because I can't solve the puzzle. lol. This is starting to drive me nuts.
Well, I think you are probably on the right track but you are going to have to wait and see if you win the game because I don't think I have another telephone to test it with. I think that must be it because I just tried two other numbers that had a "3" in them and the same thing happened. I will try to find a different handset later today otherwise will update as soon as I can test out your theory!

(BTW, I don't have it connected to any other building wiring right now. Just plugging into the back of the ATAs).
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9297 posts
905 upvotes
GTA
Webslinger wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 3:16 pm
@YLSF This is a complete stab in the darkness, but does any 10 digit phone number with a "3" in it not work? All the ones you sent me that don't work have "3" in the phone number.

Ok. You got it! Mission accomplished :)

I managed to find the old fax machine handset I had and connected that just as a test and sure enough it worked to dial the numbers that I couldn't dial before.

I guess I should have ruled out the handset before but I figured it worked fine with the Pap2 and it also worked fine when I did the DTMF tests on those test phone numbers you provided but I guess the slight difference wasn't tolerated with the Obi200.

Now I need to go back and make some other changes to the Obi200 since I think I screwed up the autoattendant as it shows that it is ringing my phone back under the status but my phone doesn't actually ring! Next thing for me to sort out!

Appreciate all your guidance and troubleshooting, I would have never guessed it was the handset!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3260 upvotes
YLSF wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 11:08 pm
Ok. You got it! Mission accomplished :)

Appreciate all your guidance and troubleshooting, I would have never guessed it was the handset!
I think I deserve a medal. Winking Face
Anyway, I'm fried. Hopefully, nothing else with that much misdirection (PAP2 works with one handset; OBi200 doesn't—or the phone has a dying 3 button) presents itself to me in quite some time.

With respect to your AA issue, if you're using GV, you might want to visit this thread: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php? ... 5#msg90125. Otherwise, sorry, I need a break . You’d need to start providing a lot more information, including your SP's inboundcallroute with the AA rule, AA's digitmap, AA's outboundcallroute, AA's primary line, your cell's number or something closely related to compare against the number format (+ or 1 in front of the number and to see whether a difference appears in any call history), and both the OBi200's call history and the service provider's-- that you're using for AA callback--call history. Also check your cellphone provider's call history. Obviously, for testing purposes, you should be in a strong cellular signal area if you expect to receive the call; do not disturb needs to be off; etc. Check the call path: you checked your ATA's call history; now check the SP's call history by logging into the website; and check your cellular mobility service's call history (see if the incoming call is hitting voicemail instead). Please ask at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip or at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=66.0. I don't think I can handle this right now.
Jun 10, 2007
124 posts
18 upvotes
Hi there,
I wanted to purchase the VoIP Unlock Key, but haven`t decided if I want to port my existing number or use the one FPL assigned to my account.
For those who had purchased one, is the Unlock Key tied to a specific phone or it tied to your account? Can we change it to any number?

I want to know if I can use it first with the assigned number, and if I decided to port the existing landline, change it to the ported number.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3260 upvotes
aikidoka wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:37 pm
Hi there,
I wanted to purchase the VoIP Unlock Key, but haven`t decided if I want to port my existing number or use the one FPL assigned to my account.
For those who had purchased one, is the Unlock Key tied to a specific phone or it tied to your account?
It's tied to your account.

I want to know if I can use it first with the assigned number, and if I decided to port the existing landline, change it to the ported number.
Yes, you can. That's what everyone who ends up porting does, due to the fact it takes at least 3 business days to port a number anyway: https://support.freephoneline.ca/hc/en- ... oneline-ca

https://support.freephoneline.ca/hc/en- ... r-porting-

“You will be able to use your prior phone number and your Freephoneline phone number until we email you to let you know your phone number transfer is complete. Once your phone number has been transferred, your prior phone number will be your new [FPL] phone number and you will no longer have access to the temporary [FPL] phone number. ”
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9297 posts
905 upvotes
GTA
Webslinger wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 12:42 am

With respect to your AA issue,
Hey, just a follow up on this... it is working now but there is some odd behaviour so it might help you if you ever need to help out someone else with AA. I actually went to disable the AA and I was going to submit/reboot and then enable it again to see if it worked. But, I went to disabled it (i.e. took off the check box under "Autoattendant" and then I called the phone number again for the ata and the AA actually answered. So, I have it working now even though it isn't enabled under that setting so I am going to leave it as is. I tried it with two different numbers.

My next step is to sign my mom for a freephoneline and setup my old Linksys for her house. For strictly making phone calls is there a big difference between the quality on a Linksys Pap2 vs. an obi device?