Page 1 of 1

Freephoneline.ca and ipod touch/siphon

Posted: Jun 19th, 2010 10:20 pm
by bleuwave
Hi, im trying to use the freephoneline.ca service on the ipod touch with wifi, do you think it's possible at all? Maybe with the Siphon app?

I tried searching but freephoneline.ca doesn't have an iphone/ipod touch app...

This way, I will be able to set everything up with google voice.

Re: Freephoneline.ca and ipod touch/siphon

Posted: Jun 19th, 2010 10:24 pm
by X360
There is no freephoneline app for iPhone so you can use freephoneline like you use it in Windows...

but if you pay $50 to buy the freephoneline SIP configuration for your freephoneline phone number then you can use it to configure SIP VOIP for anykind of VOIP adapter or SIP software... there are many iPhone SIP software...

So pay $50 then you will able to use freephoneline with your iPhone/iPod/IPad...

Posted: Sep 13th, 2010 10:32 pm
by GreenTiger
Could you elaborate more on this?? I'm really interested in using this with the 4G iPod Touch

Posted: Sep 29th, 2010 10:38 am
by DigitalDeal
GreenTiger wrote: Could you elaborate more on this?? I'm really interested in using this with the 4G iPod Touch
I am using freephoneline on both iphone 4 and I pod touch 4g and Heywire for free txt msg on both devices.

just follow the instruction from X360, apply for the account with freephoneline.ca and SIP config. Download the following free apps from Apple Store

- Netdial - for voice
- Heywire - for free text msg

Enjoy!

Posted: Sep 30th, 2010 12:26 am
by roger12
Can't we use FPL softphone on ipod just like on the PC? Sorry for a newbie ques...
DigitalDeal wrote: I am using freephoneline on both iphone 4 and I pod touch 4g and Heywire for free txt msg on both devices.

just follow the instruction from X360, apply for the account with freephoneline.ca and SIP config. Download the following free apps from Apple Store

- Netdial - for voice

Enjoy!

Posted: Sep 30th, 2010 12:58 am
by zoolander
GV+free iSIP+SIP app lags even on wifi for me, it's like CNN live news where the reporter halfway around the world answers 2 seconds later.

Is it different if you use GV+$50fpl+SIP app?

Posted: Oct 3rd, 2010 8:48 am
by GreenTiger
is there any benefit to pay the $6 for iSip vs getting a free SIP program? Will the program improve any performance??

Help Setting Up NetDial:

Posted: Apr 26th, 2011 3:20 pm
by JREED
DigitalDeal wrote: I am using freephoneline on both iphone 4 and I pod touch 4g and Heywire for free txt msg on both devices.

- Netdial - for voice

Enjoy!

Hi,

I have config. but I am unable to use NetDial on my iPhone 4 and its keep saying TimeOut. However, Siphon is working but incoming calls ring is only once.
Please post your settings for the NetDial and HeyWire.

I really appreciated for your kind help,
Thanks,
JR :razz:

Posted: Apr 28th, 2011 5:47 pm
by zoolander
This is an old thread, use nettalk for calls and text+ for texts.
No fpl or GV configuration needed.

I just did a 1/2 long distance call using nettalk over 3G. I was receiving the voice fast but my outgoing voice had a very slight lag to the other party, can't complain, free, no ads, no catches, used a minuscule amount of my data.

Posted: Apr 28th, 2011 11:05 pm
by prvt10
Bud Phone is an iphone/ipod touch app that's powered by freephoneline.

Talkatone is an app that allows you to make calls with google voice.

Posted: May 17th, 2011 5:04 pm
by Igorella
prvt10 wrote: Bud Phone is an iphone/ipod touch app that's powered by freephoneline.

Talkatone is an app that allows you to make calls with google voice.

NetDial is a free iPhone/iPod/iPad app that gives you ability to configure any SIP (VOIP) account you subscribe to

NetTALK is a free iPhone/iPod/iPad app that gives you ability to call anywhere in North America w/o gmail account (good as a backup)

Posted: May 17th, 2011 5:53 pm
by PA0L0
I dont get it? your iPhone already has a telephone number from your cellular company, you want to put a SIP program on it, then PAY a company like freephoneline.ca a one time setup fee, and use your data, just to put an additional number, where freephoneline.ca does not come with long distance plan, its a barebones number. just use it from home and save yourself all the work why not just FORWARD it to your celllular number? lol

Posted: May 27th, 2011 11:27 am
by jimlad
Do I need to have these apps running to recieve calls? Or can they run in the backgroud?

Posted: May 27th, 2011 2:54 pm
by JamesA1
NetDial worked very well for me with SIP accounts on the iPod Touch 4th gen when I first installed it, but at some point it stopped working. Now it just exits after dialing with any SIP server. NetDial tech support actually looked into the problem for me, but they didn't get anywhere with it. The limited free version of Mediafone continues to work fine though.