Page 1 of 1

Freephoneline.ca Voicemail/answering machine

Posted: Mar 21st, 2012 10:07 pm
by dtm252535
I need to know if I can use my phone's built in answering machine with fpl because ive heard you can't disable their voicemail?

Re: Freephoneline.ca Voicemail/answering machine

Posted: Mar 22nd, 2012 8:31 am
by pax1234
You can set the freephoneline to pick up after 5 rings and your own answering machine to pick up before that.

I found the freephoneline voice mail is pretty good, I can copy and forward the voice mail to my email, to me, it is a very good feature to use.

Posted: Jul 27th, 2012 11:36 am
by tigger03
I'm testing FPL. It seems that all voicemails are emailed instantly to my e-mail ONLY, which I retrieve on my cell phone. How would I set it so that the voicemail STAYS on my home phone and a COPY of it is sent to my e-mail?

EDIT: Disregard. I've figured it out. I had it set to "Forward" instead of "Copy" to email

Posted: Aug 17th, 2017 5:52 pm
by audit13
Mine is working perfectly.

Calls don't go to voicemail? Calls go to voicemail but people can't leave messages? You can't pick up voicemail?

Posted: Aug 18th, 2017 12:37 am
by Guest1284983
RFD Freephoneline thread is over here: freephoneline-ca-free-local-soft-phone- ... #p28106573.

dte227 wrote: anyone voice mail not working? Mine hasn't worked - verified settings and all. Just does a weird noise
Mine works fine.
If you have Follow Me enabled, disable it while testing to ensure you're not reaching some other voicemail system: https://www.freephoneline.ca/followMeSettings.

For testing purposes, try calling one of these Voice Mail Access numbers from a landline: https://www.freephoneline.ca/vmAccessNumbers.
You account number begins with 1.

Also, try calling your FPL number from a landline.

You can adjust some voicemail settings by logging in at https://www.freephoneline.ca/voicemailSettings.

Posted: Aug 18th, 2017 12:45 am
by Guest1284983
BTW, FPL, like Fongo Mobile, works well with incoming faxes once the voicemail system picks up. Incoming faxes are automatically converted to PDF file format for easy viewing.

Posted: Aug 18th, 2017 5:32 pm
by LoveRFD
Webslinger wrote: BTW, FPL, like Fongo Mobile, works well with incoming faxes once the voicemail system picks up. Incoming faxes are automatically converted to PDF file format for easy viewing.
Are you saying if someone tries to send me a fax by dialing my number, after no answers and voicemail kicks in, and the fax will be sent through and converted to pdf attachments in email?

Posted: Aug 18th, 2017 8:11 pm
by Guest1284983
LoveRFD wrote: Are you saying if someone tries to send me a fax by dialing my number, after no answers and voicemail kicks in, and the fax will be sent through and converted to pdf attachments in email?
Yes, if you have voicemail to email enabled (forwarded) for FPL

With Fongo Mobile, you can see the PDF directly in the app without loading email. That's one of the few uses I have for Fongo Mobile.

Posted: Aug 18th, 2017 8:33 pm
by LoveRFD
Webslinger wrote: Yes, if you have voicemail to email enabled (forwarded) for FPL.

With Fongo Mobile, you can see the PDF directly in the app without loading email. That's one of the few uses I have for Fongo Mobile.

I have had this setup for years and never knew this. I'll give it a try, thanks.