do dealers waive the freight?

thanks
3 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21166 upvotes
Toronto
If you are in Ontario, OMVIC classified this so -called demo, executive driven, daily loaner as USED car. USED car is not subject to Freight & PDI cost being charge to potential consumer.

It's up to you if you want to pay this or not to the dealer, certainly the dealer can ask you to pay but in the end, you have the negotiation power to pay or not to pay. Alternatively, you can negotiate on lump sum amount and let the dealer figure out if the deal is doable or not.
May 11, 2011
325 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
Vana3005 wrote: in a demo car (managers car ) or a new car with 1000km plus
do dealers waive the freight?

thanks
Just like booblehead said, upto dealer to charge (they can charge anything actually, I have seen one dealer charge for a "finance approval fee" of $50) but upto you to pay.

If it's a demo (i.e. registered to the dealer) then I would certainly not pay for the Freight & PDI. If it's "new" with 1000km, I wouldn't even touch it. It probably means it's been test driven for 1000km.

A side note, some insurance companies categorize cars into 3: New, Used and Demo. I'm not sure what the difference is between Used and Demo.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21166 upvotes
Toronto
typically, demo classification is not been registered. This demo car has been driven around using dealer plate.