• Sep 18th, 2017 9:56 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4069 posts
417 upvotes
Calgary

French's Caesar Mix - Disgusting

I bought a bottle of French's new Caesar mix to try it out. I can't adequately describe how disgusting it was. I poured the rest of the (big) bottle away. No hint of clam, not spicy, no Worcester taste ...... Stick to Clamato

French's Ingredients: WATER, SUGAR, TOMATO PASTE, WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE (VINEGAR, BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES, CORN SYRUP, WATER, SALT, CARAMEL COLOUR, GARLIC POWDER, SUGAR, SPICES, TAMARIND, NATURAL FLAVOUR, SULPHITES), FRANK’S REDHOT® CAYENNE PEPPER SAUCE (AGED CAYENNE RED PEPPERS, VINEGAR, WATER, SALT, GARLIC POWDER), CITRIC ACID, SALT, NATURAL FLAVOUR, CARROT JUICE EXTRACT, ONION POWDER, SPICES, CONCENTRATED LEMON JUICE, GARLIC POWDER, CLAM EXTRACT POWDER (MALTODEXTRIN, CLAM JUICE EXTRACT, SUGAR, SALT), ASCORBIC ACID,CELERY SEED EXTRACT.
I apologize to those who don't see humour or perspectives; who think aboriginals, whites, politicians, suicide bombers, aggressive policemen, aggrieved blacks, transsexuals, Alt-righters or any other is perfect. I apologize for all my sins and omissions
6 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4588 posts
607 upvotes
Your post makes me want to try it now.

Here's a YouTube reviewer. She mentions two different mixes:
- Original
- "Fully Loaded"

Which did you have?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4069 posts
417 upvotes
Calgary
I got the fully loaded.

She looks like a product shill.

It still tastes like crap. But thank god for Canadian tomatoes
I apologize to those who don't see humour or perspectives; who think aboriginals, whites, politicians, suicide bombers, aggressive policemen, aggrieved blacks, transsexuals, Alt-righters or any other is perfect. I apologize for all my sins and omissions
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10855 posts
1473 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Thanks for the review.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Jul 31, 2015
172 posts
59 upvotes
AB
Cough wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 4:56 pm
I bought a bottle of French's new Caesar mix to try it out. I can't adequately describe how disgusting it was. I poured the rest of the (big) bottle away. No hint of clam, not spicy, no Worcester taste ...... Stick to Clamato

Ha, thats funny. I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Bought it to try something new. Made a couple drinks... poured the rest out inm disgust. Yeah it was that bad. The one I bought was the original
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
3289 posts
1250 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
For my favourite cocktail (Caesar), I would only use Clamato. The rest of the seasoning is so easy to do yourself.