May 23 to 29, 2019

Gray Ridge Premium large white eggs (18) $2.88
Public Mobile client: $60 calls/texts/12GB
25 replies
Jul 2, 2014
390 posts
107 upvotes
Maple, ON
Perfect! I eat a carton of these a week. Time to stack some!
Jan 12, 2017
815 posts
953 upvotes
YK
Thanks OP. According to the FLIPP app, Loblaws/Independent Grocer/Zehrs has these for 2.77. Take the Loblaws etc flyer to Freshco and price match.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1644 posts
374 upvotes
Toronto
Egg afficianados, is there much difference between discount eggs?
How do these compare to $1.88/dozen from Shoppers Drug Mart.
Sep 17, 2002
883 posts
214 upvotes
CBC did a test awhile back - I recall the best was the free range, cheap brand came in second but when cost came into play...the cheap brand won out.

If I'm not mistaken Ridgeway was the cheaper brand..

Costco also has their xlarge 18 for 3.88 or so...
blindemboss wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 12:47 pm
Feb 18, 2014
590 posts
1086 upvotes
blindemboss wrote:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
1516 posts
1717 upvotes
blindemboss wrote:
Honestly, I've never any noticed any difference between different brands of eggs other than with Burnbrae who I've found does not wash the eggs properly (could just have been a bad batch, but it doesn't look good when you have to go through 10 or so cartons to find 2 that have eggs that are clean).

The funny thing is that I find that the packaging is inferior on Gray Ridge in the sense that they are more flimsy/rip more easily increasing the chance of the carton coming open by accident, but that could just be because of these being larger cartons than the normal dozen.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
1516 posts
1717 upvotes
NoWynne2018 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 5:23 am
Thanks OP. According to the FLIPP app, Loblaws/Independent Grocer/Zehrs has these for 2.77. Take the Loblaws etc flyer to Freshco and price match.
Thanks, I never even noticed that. I can confirm this at least for Ontario as I just looked at the flyers. I don't usually look at that Loblaws/Zehrs flyers because to be honest, the prices aren't usually very good, similar to like how Sobeys seems to have good deals only once in a blue moon.

Oh well... I'm not going to bother trying to get $0.66 back on 6 cartons.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
1516 posts
1717 upvotes
iwells wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 1:08 pm
CBC did a test awhile back - I recall the best was the free range, cheap brand came in second but when cost came into play...the cheap brand won out.

If I'm not mistaken Ridgeway was the cheaper brand..

Costco also has their xlarge 18 for 3.88 or so...
Online, Walmart has had the Gray Ridge XL 18 for a few cents more at $3.98 as the regular price for quite a while. I believe that Walmart had the in-house XL 18 for a little bit less in-store at some points in time. The Gray Ridge Jumbos are amazing if you like double and triple yolks.
Last edited by computergeek541 on May 24th, 2019 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 12, 2017
815 posts
953 upvotes
YK
computergeek541 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 4:00 pm
Thanks, I never even noticed that. I can confirm this at least for Ontario as I just looked at the flyers. I don't usually look at that Loblaws/Zehrs flyers because to be honest, the prices aren't usually very good, similar to like how Sobeys seems to have good deals only once in a blue moon.

Oh well... I'm not going to bother trying to get $0.66 back on 6 cartons.
About every 6 weeks or so the Loblaws/Metros/Sobeys have at least one low baller price on their front page. This loss leader is to get you into the store. It is usually for an item that is located way, way in the back of the store.
Sometimes, they have no stock so get their rain check (20-30 days?). Or grab their flyer and price match. For rain checks, they are trying to low ball the limits to 2, 4, or 6. Be nice to the customer service people and they may be able to change the limit for you.

When price matching, if they limit you to one of the item, pay, go back in the store and get another. Go to another cashier. Sometimes, I have told the cashier that I would be coming to get more and asked them if they could increase the limit. Usually the front end manager authorizes additional quantities. Just be nice.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8375 posts
1352 upvotes
Toronto
The fridges were cleaned out at the Jane and Finch location by the time I got there yesterday morning around 10am.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
2032 posts
331 upvotes
Large eggs for cheap motel diners and Denny's. Organic jumbo is the way to go. Peace.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
1516 posts
1717 upvotes
gh05t wrote:
May 24th, 2019 1:58 pm
The fridges were cleaned out at the Jane and Finch location by the time I got there yesterday morning around 10am.
Foodland, Freshco, Loblaws, or Walmart? I'm not famailiar with that area and which brand of stores are near that intersection.

Either way, here's what you can do to get the $2.77 price. Some stores offer rainchecks for getting the sale price at a later time.
If you're near that one Walmart location that was mentioned earlier (Mississauga Erin Mills), you can get them for $2.50 if they have stock.

An alternative would be to order online from order from walnart.ca ($50 minimun order) and ad match Loblaw's $2.77 price. Walmart's online ordering offers pick up from store parking lot, or delivery in some locations. If Walmart is out-of-stock for online ordering, they'll probably give you some other type of eggs (maybe XL or different brand) for the same price.
Jan 12, 2017
815 posts
953 upvotes
YK
computergeek541 wrote:
May 24th, 2019 6:42 pm
Foodland, Freshco, Loblaws, or Walmart? I'm not famailiar with that area and which brand of stores are near that intersection.

Either way, here's what you can do to get the $2.77 price. Some stores offer rainchecks for getting the sale price at a later time.
If you're near that one Walmart location that was mentioned earlier (Mississauga Erin Mills), you can get them for $2.50 if they have stock.

An alternative would be to order online from order from walnart.ca ($50 minimun order) and ad match Loblaw's $2.77 price. Walmart's online ordering offers pick up from store parking lot, or delivery in some locations. If Walmart is out-of-stock for online ordering, they'll probably give you some other type of eggs (maybe XL or different brand) for the same price.
Thanks. If anyone has the Loblaws flyer on their phone or in print, don't forget about Giant Tiger, Food Basics, RCSS or No Frills. Even though RCSS and No Frills are part of the parent company (Loblaws), they may allow the price match. YMMV

$2.77 eggs are also at Zehrs and Your Independent Grocer. Again YMMV