Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fresh Co

Janes 1.2kg Chicken Nuggets/Strips/Burgers/Popcorn $2.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2018 4:08 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 11, 2013
519 posts
361 upvotes

[Fresh Co] Janes 1.2kg Chicken Nuggets/Strips/Burgers/Popcorn $2.99

Freshco has the Janes Chicken Nuggets/Strips/Burgers/Popcorn on sale for $6.99 this week. On top of that there is a $4 off coupon inside the box.

Buy the first box at $6.99, and every subsequent box purchased is only $2.99 (with use of the coupon).

This product isn't everyone's cup of tea.
24 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7614 upvotes
ON
regularjoe1 wrote: Freshco has the Janes Chicken Nuggets/Strips/Burgers/Popcorn on sale for $6.99 this week. On top of that there is a $4 off coupon inside the box.

Buy the first box at $6.99, and every subsequent box purchased is only $2.99 (with use of the coupon).

Tru dat. Unless you drink chicken broth in a tea cup.
Buy the first box, use coupon for second one then return first unopened box you paid full price for.
Aug 29, 2017
342 posts
323 upvotes
regularjoe1 wrote: Freshco has the Janes Chicken Nuggets/Strips/Burgers/Popcorn on sale for $6.99 this week. On top of that there is a $4 off coupon inside the box.

The coupon is only good for one box right. So you can't buy one at 6.99 and then use the coupon on 5 other boxes.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3174 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP - good deal!

I actually prefer Jane's over the other brands.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
I only like costco chicken nuggets.
Apr 11, 2013
519 posts
361 upvotes
dgcan75 wrote: The coupon is only good for one box right. So you can't buy one at 6.99 and then use the coupon on 5 other boxes.
The boxes (marked with the coupons) have only one coupon inside and it's good for $4 off one product. But if the subsequent boxes you get are marked with coupons as well then you can keep using the coupons for the next box.
Dec 20, 2011
368 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
dilligafeh wrote: Tru dat. Unless you drink chicken broth in a tea cup.
Buy the first box, use coupon for second one then return first unopened box you paid full price for.
Just keep in mind that although you're returning that unopened box of chicken innocently thinking they'll just put it back and resell (which normally happens with non food items) it'll most likely end up in the trash.
Apr 11, 2013
519 posts
361 upvotes
th3dud3 wrote:
Just keep in mind that although you're returning that unopened box of chicken innocently thinking they'll just put it back and resell (which normally happens with non food items) it'll most likely end up in the trash.
The coupon is printed on the inside on the box. He'd have to return the open product with a square cut out where the coupon was lol..
Dec 20, 2011
368 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
regularjoe1 wrote: The coupon is printed on the inside on the box. He'd have to return the open product with a square cut out where the coupon was lol..
No, the last box you buy you don't use the coupon and return it using the receipt of the first box you initially bought.

I'm normally down for this tactic cause it's the rfd way but not when it comes to food items because they don't resell it even if unopened, they throw it out for liability reasons and who wants to buy returned food, you don't know what that person did to it or even stored it properly.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
6228 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
thanks, i had one box and got the coupon now.
Apr 11, 2013
519 posts
361 upvotes
th3dud3 wrote: No, the last box you buy you don't use the coupon and return it using the receipt of the first box you initially bought.

I'm normally down for this tactic cause it's the rfd way but not when it comes to food items because they don't resell it even if unopened, they throw it out for liability reasons and who wants to buy returned food, you don't know what that person did to it or even stored it properly.
Ahhh, you are correct. Regardless of how many boxes you end up buying, you'll have one in the end that doesn't need to be opened. Just like you I wouldn't do this either but it's definitely an option!
Banned
Oct 16, 2008
1010 posts
629 upvotes
TheRealVinsanity wrote: Thanks my kids love eating these !
not to long ago got chicken fingers and a black piece about half the size

janes is a slurry of purportedly white meat and chicken skin...never did find out the ratio of white meat to chicken skin

and yes i did report it to the food inspection agency,they actually showed up and presented their badge
they picked up the product. in a styrofoam cooler with no ice. a well worn cooler..possibly contaminated with other product that had been kept there prior as well
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
edturon@hotmail.com wrote: not to long ago got chicken fingers and a black piece about half the size

janes is a slurry of purportedly white meat and chicken skin...never did find out the ratio of white meat to chicken skin

and yes i did report it to the food inspection agency,they actually showed up and presented their badge
they picked up the product. in a styrofoam cooler with no ice. a well worn cooler..possibly contaminated with other product that had been kept there prior as well
I remember you posting about this before. Did they ever tell you anything else afterwards?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
regularjoe1 wrote: On top of that there is a $4 off coupon inside the box.
I'm having a nestea flashback lol

edit: The garbage cans in the parking lot were overflowing with Jane's cartons so there's alot of peeps doing this
Last edited by Ottomaddox on Feb 25th, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Oct 16, 2008
1010 posts
629 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote: I remember you posting about this before. Did they ever tell you anything else afterwards?
yes
there was a response that was concocted. i called the person out and they admitted they never spoke wit the food inspector at the processing facility and was promised they would do so.

i'm surmising they just tossed the sample and never did a necropsy ,tissue sampling or any other medical lab testing

it was kinda yeah, you caught us making up a story and yes we'll see if we can get the person who looks after that line come up with their best guess

and that's where it ended
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7614 upvotes
ON
th3dud3 wrote: Just keep in mind that although you're returning that unopened box of chicken innocently thinking they'll just put it back and resell (which normally happens with non food items) it'll most likely end up in the trash.
You're saying we should hang out by the compactor, and get them for free after returning them ?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7057 posts
3368 upvotes
pc is much better for the batter. You will lose easily 1/3 of the piece if you removed the batter.
Dec 20, 2011
368 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
dilligafeh wrote: You're saying we should hang out by the compactor, and get them for free after returning them ?
Sure if you want free food, dumpster diving at grocery stores is a thing, I hear you can find some goodies and if you need to do something so grimy to save $4 it wouldn't be such a bad idea LOL :)

Another scenario is that the person doing the return gives you a look as if you've done something bad when returning perfectly good food for no reason i.e expired/rotten etc.. (happened to me so now I know why as I've never returned food before that incident and always just assumed they would put it back and resell it like other stuff)

I took the hit for you, no thanks necessary
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2756 posts
1630 upvotes
Ontario
I don't believe grocery stores give refund on food products because of fear of tempering.
Currently happy customer with Koodo, Roger and Virgin Mobile.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)