None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
1785 posts
1289 upvotes
I live in Debbie's h…

Friend foolishly gave a Kijiji seller the benefit of the doubt

A friend of mine recently purchased a Nintendo 64 from a Kijiji seller and everything went about as good as can be expected. The following day the seller contacted him again and offered to sell him a PS2 with 14 games and a couple of Guitar Hero guitars. The seller arranged to meet him at a Tim Horton's where they would meet and exchange the system and games for cash. My friend foolishly gave the seller the benefit of the doubt and opted not to visit the sellers home where it could be tested, and since he purchased a similar item the previous day he figured everything would be as described and in working order. When my friend got back to his apartment, he plugged in the PS2 and noticed that the tray was broken and wouldn't open/close. The guitars were both missing the required adapters for connecting to the system, and 6 out of the 14 bundled games weren't even in the cases. My buddy attempted to contact the seller within an hour of their meeting and all calls have gone unanswered and text messages have not been replied to. This happened several days ago and we're pretty convinced that he's out of luck here and the seller was just trying to offload his junk on an unsuspecting buyer. He paid the guy $100 for the whole bundle, and even if he sold the games and the system for parts I'm sure he could still get back about $50-$60. I think it's hilarious that a grown man, with a relatively nice car, would stoop so low as to rip off a much younger person out of their hard earned money. This guy just scammed someone and created an enemy out of someone over $40-$50. The lesson here is to never give anyone the benefit of the doubt when buying stuff on Kijiji. I know that my friend should've at least inspected everything first, but I guess you would never think that someone would be out there trying to rip people off for chump change. The only bit of info that we have on the guy is his phone number. Is there any way we can find out his true identity? I don't think there's even a need for revenge over such a petty amount of money, but it would still be nice to know who this jerk actually is and publicly shame him for his actions.
Who the hell is Debbie?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
2809 posts
574 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
So the first time your friend bought the Nintendo 64 was at a public place? And have you tried doing a reverse look on his phone?
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
1785 posts
1289 upvotes
I live in Debbie's h…
fboybcb wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 12:44 am
So the first time your friend bought the Nintendo 64 was at a public place? And have you tried doing a reverse look on his phone?
Yeah, the only info he gets is that it's a wind mobile phone number. The first time with the N64 was also at the Tim Hortons.
Who the hell is Debbie?
Banned
Dec 20, 2015
259 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ElHoardo wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 2:59 pm
Yeah, the only info he gets is that it's a wind mobile phone number. The first time with the N64 was also at the Tim Hortons.
I like how your post and your gif image of Snoop Dogg there goes hand in hand..lol And $100 for a PS2 system is outrageous! I'm trying to sell my slim 120gb PS3 system with controller (no games) for $80 or my XBOX 360 20gb with kinect and 1 controller (has HDMI, tons of kinect games) for $120, and both work great. But it's hard finding a buyer for that! And you got people scamming for a freakin PS2!