Home & Garden

Are Frigidaire Appliances Any Good?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2008 5:59 pm
May 14, 2007
209 posts

Are Frigidaire Appliances Any Good?

Any known reliability problems? Is it cost effective to buy them?

How do they compare to:

Many Thank & Happy New Year
15 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
Try the search function , friend. It really does work!
For example:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... frigidaire

As to comparisons with other brands, it really doesnt work that way. You have to compare the type of appliances to each other as well as the actual models. Some will be better/worse than others in the same pricepoint. As in a particular year, any manufacturer may switch suppliers for another and the quality/reliability could change. We've seen that with Maytag for instance, who were once industry leaders now may have some of the worst washing machines for example (although would have no bearing on the quality of their stoves, fridges etc ).

Overall, I personally would say the best value is in Whirlpool.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Jul 9, 2003
371 posts
We moved into our house in September, we did a ton of research.
We had to buy 4 new appliances.

We got a Frigidaire flat top electric stove. A HIGH quality stove was not a priority for us as I rarely cook. The times we have used it it has been fine.

We got Whirlpool for the w/d, and refrigerator and LOVE them. We did loo at the Frigidaire (Affinity) I think w/d you know the nice baby blue set. I liked the Whirlpool set better as the washer and dryer were bigger. Ithink the washer was 3.4, VS Whirlpool 3.6, Their dryer was only 5.8, compared to Whirlpool which mine is either 6.7, or 7

Unfortunately the house came with a Frigidqaire b/i "quiet" dishwasher.
Biggest piece of crap in the world. It is SOOOOO loud, and it doen't do a good job on the cutlery, BUT it beats doing the dishes.
Oct 16, 2006
17 posts
Niagara Falls
We purchased 3 kitchen appliances as a set, all Frigidaire. The fridge is great and we have not compliants. The stove is electric and the oven temp. is inconsitant and baking time is always slower than recipes say. We HATE the dishwasher. It is loud, large items do not fit and I end up rewashing items all the time. Many times the soap dispenser does not open during the cycle. My advice is STAY AWAY FROM FRIGIDAIRE :(
Nov 27, 2006
70 posts
We got stuck with a Frigidaire fridge, stove, and dishwasher in our new place. Didn't think of switching them out in time when we bought the house.

The stove is a flat top stainless steel, it is pretty good. Everything I would expect out of this calibre stove. Oven seems consistent, the stove cooks.

Dishwasher is actually very quiet, better than a higher end unit we had in our condo previous to this house.

Fridge is just crap. Compressor is loud, seal doesnt always close tight.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
2332 posts
We have Frigidaire appliances and in the first year we had two seperate problems with the dishwasher and one problem with the stove. Thankfully it was all covered by warranty, but the process was slow. I also find the dishwasher to be very loud for this day and age.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14350 posts
Blacklisted brands: Sony, Lenovo, Dell, Vizio
Aug 6, 2004
645 posts
I have owned 3 appliances for the last 5 years. Top notch. I especially like the upright chest freezer, I can deep deep freeze items. The thermometer I placed inside reaches -37c. I would definitely but their products again. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2003
1087 posts
Our townhouse came with all Frigidaire appliances. The stove, microwave and fridge all work well - no complaints. Nothing special but they do what they are suppose to do. The dishwasher works but my dishes come out dirty still! I have to either pre-rinse or wash them again.

I just got a new Bosch oven and a Dacor cooktop - love them both. Not a lot of people have heard of Dacor but they are at the level of Miele and Thermador.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
2260 posts
Our house came with all Frigidaire appliances and so far they're fine, though they're only three years old. I would agree, though, that the fridge is a bit loud and sometimes sounds like it's about to explode :) .
Jul 13, 2006
887 posts
Consumer reports has them dead last in most appliance rankings for 2007.

I stayed away and went with a Kenmore fridge (side-by-side model, made by Whirlpool) and it's absolutely great. Got a Whirlpool Gold smooth top convection stove/range and it works as good as we could ever have expected. Perfect, even cooking. The choices in the menu are confusing at first but the thing truly is amazing - Choice Bake is a really useful feature as muffins/loafs come out perfectly - better than mom makes them! :)

The house came with a GE dishwasher and it's been perfect - only misses spots when we overload it way too much, but we've never once had cutlery come out dirty.
Dec 31, 1969
curls00 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2008 3:28 am
Consumer reports has them dead last in most appliance rankings for 2007.
I thought the worst was Maytag, or at least for washer/dryer when I was looking for them.

Anyways, I bought a cheap Frigidaire front-load washer/dryer pair a year ago now, and they still work great.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28347 posts
Don't think Frigidaire is highly regarded. Whirlpool is.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2003
1344 posts
My Maytag fridge blew a compressor, luckily with a month left of warranty, but I still had to pay for labour. My Fridgadaire washing machine blew the main tub seal and leaked all over the place and ruined my kitchen ceiling....that set me back a few hundred bucks and a pain in the @$$. My Whirlpool D/W and stove? Not a single problem yet. So far I guess my next appliance purchase will be a Whirlpool.
× < >