None
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2012
1075 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto

Fring's - Susur Lee & Drake's Restaurant

http://www.fringsrestaurant.com/#Menu

Has anyone been and can comment or share pictures of their food? How was the experience and the environment? Was it worth it, please discuss.

I've read some reviews on Yelp and most were problems after the initial opening with things still to be ironed out at the restaurant.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2241 posts
447 upvotes
given the names attached, and the location, it's probably not a place you'll find many RFD'ers
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
The name makes me think of Harvey's and makes me hungry for onion rings since I'm not really of fan of their fries or frings. So I'd be more likely to head up the street to Harvey's than to patronize some "celebrity" restaurant.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3165 posts
232 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
Cheap Cat wrote: The name makes me think of Harvey's and makes me hungry for onion rings since I'm not really of fan of their fries or frings. So I'd be more likely to head up the street to Harvey's than to patronize some "celebrity" restaurant.
Same! But wow that is crazy expensive! Pappardelle for $40?!!? I can go to Tutti Matti (similar area; closer to myself) and get an authentic Pappardelle for $24. I know I know it has truffles on it, but c'mon, seriously?
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2012
1075 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
c_snapper wrote: given the names attached, and the location, it's probably not a place you'll find many RFD'ers
Worth a shot to ask the crowd, there are many foodies here on the forum so some of them might have gone to give it a try out of curiosity hehe.
Shiznacka wrote: Same! But wow that is crazy expensive! Pappardelle for $40?!!? I can go to Tutti Matti (similar area; closer to myself) and get an authentic Pappardelle for $24. I know I know it has truffles on it, but c'mon, seriously?
Yup the menu is expensive as drinks are north of $16. Some of the yelp reviews have mentioned that they would rather dine at Susur's regular restaurants as the food is better.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1955 upvotes
Elmira
Hate the name, hate the music
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7804 upvotes
Toronto
Never went to Frings but Lee's is pretty damn good. The 18 ingredient slaw is incredible and a must try for any foodie
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6738 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: Never went to Frings but Lee's is pretty damn good. The 18 ingredient slaw is incredible and a must try for any foodie
I agree about the slaw, but I'd say get it at Kid Lee instead if you're in the area. I've never found the service at Lee to be worth the mark-up over the "food court" version which is basically the same product.