• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2017 2:24 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4555 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think the regular retail on frozen pizzas matters all that much. In another 4 weeks, when they go on sale another 3x the sale ads will show how you're "saving" more.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10728 posts
1407 upvotes
Toronto
Let the regular retail customers suckers subsidize the sale price. Maybe that's what's going on, and that's how grocery stores can afford to do sales on frozen pizza.
Raise the regular retail, but keep the $3.99-$4.99 sale price. (it won't be the sale price every week...they'll probably just rotate between pizza brands, lol)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
35996 posts
2097 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 12:33 am
Shopper's drug mart regular retail for frozen pizza has been $8.99 forever...maybe it's just their way to make you think you're getting a deal when you see a $4,99 sale price
(even though Basics will have the same pizza on sale for $3.99)

$6.99 does surprise me though. I thought all grocery stores (etc) were charging a regular retail of $7.99 when the pizza is not on sale.
The thought I do ponder is that maybe $3.99 is all they ever wanted in the first place, but they want us all to believe we are getting a great deal...(??)
I like to think of shoppers drug mart as a glorified convienence store. They have mostly a little bit of everything... they can fill your prescriptions. & many locations open till mid night or 24 hrs. Even the ones open till 11pm are pretty good for most people.
So i expect high prices... i only to shoppers for convienence. I won't consciously go shopping there.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7824 posts
1174 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 5:45 pm
You didn't visit food 4 less? Or whatever their deep discount store is called there?
No - went to Walmart.

Frozen pizzas are all $5-8 USD. Pricey!
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
4573 posts
352 upvotes
Scarborough
Best is homemade........just takes a little time and effort.
that cardboard crap they sell in store is an insult to this awesome real pizza food
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3628 posts
392 upvotes
Delissio and Pizzeria still go on sale for $4.49 every 4-6 weeks in the GTA. I have noticed that they now have less pepperoni and meat per pizza though.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10728 posts
1407 upvotes
Toronto
Mulder and Scully wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 9:28 pm
Delissio and Pizzeria still go on sale for $4.49 every 4-6 weeks in the GTA. I have noticed that they now have less pepperoni and meat per pizza though.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, the size has gone down...if the circumference (circle) of the pizza itself has not changed, maybe less toppings is how they conclude less pizza per box.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14256 posts
1009 upvotes
apnayloags wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 7:42 pm
I
that cardboard crap they sell in store is an insult to this awesome real pizza food
I think cheese is the most expensive ingredient when I was making homemade. They tastes great though as you said bur that could be the hubris Orr than my culinary skills. I hate hoe people just down vote you for saying frozen tastes like cardboard. There is nothing frozen that comes close to fresh kneed dough. my problem is I don't make enough frequent enough and the yeast expires. Can you use the. Past expirey?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10728 posts
1407 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 1:12 pm
No - went to Walmart.

Frozen pizzas are all $5-8 USD. Pricey!
That's what they are here too, regular retail @ Walmart, but you can price match a flyer sale from a place close by.
The American equivalent to Delissio in the States is Digiorno. (notice how they're also both made by Nestle!)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7824 posts
1174 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 5:10 am
That's what they are here too, regular retail @ Walmart, but you can price match a flyer sale from a place close by.
The American equivalent to Delissio in the States is Digiorno. (notice how they're also both made by Nestle!)
Yes - same price here in Canadian dollars so 30% less.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4639 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 5:10 am
It was Digiorno in Canada too when it launched but they changed the name to a much stupider sounding Delissio.
I wonder why they changed.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
4573 posts
352 upvotes
Scarborough
Supercooled wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 1:51 am
I think cheese is the most expensive ingredient when I was making homemade. They tastes great though as you said bur that could be the hubris Orr than my culinary skills. I hate hoe people just down vote you for saying frozen tastes like cardboard. There is nothing frozen that comes close to fresh kneed dough. my problem is I don't make enough frequent enough and the yeast expires. Can you use the. Past expirey?
I would never use it past expirty date.
Those frozen pizzas have very little cheese on them, and very little toppings these days. It beats the whole point if u gotta add cheese on your own to make it better/good, cuz each cheese pack is like 5-6 bucks or so
Jan 13, 2017
37 posts
5 upvotes
Price goes up each year on everything except salary. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4639 upvotes
apnayloags wrote:
Apr 15th, 2017 1:33 pm
I would never use it past expirty date.
I would. Expiry is only for quality assurance.
There's no food safety issue unless the product has been stored improperly.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5908 posts
816 upvotes
Mississauga
apnayloags wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 7:42 pm
Yep. So easy to make at home. Frozen tastes like cardboard.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.