Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

FS/BB: Bell Prepaid Samsung S275 (free unlock code in thread) $30 or $29 with PM

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2015 1:08 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 28, 2010
479 posts
165 upvotes
anybody know how the prepaid credits work? can i activate the sim on prepaid and give it to my parents with the $10 credit and use the phone myself on rogers? or do they need to use the phone with it to get the credits?

i know with telus prepaid you have to activate the sim card with the phone it came with to get the initial prepaid credits

thx
Aug 10, 2003
131 posts
7 upvotes
For anyone that wants to turn of the 3G and uses GSM only (Rogers/Chatr/Fido/Speakout wireless only)

you can do the following:
1. type in: *#6984125*#
2. go to the third one called network and call settings
3. select network mode
4. select one of the gsm bands, (suggest using gsm 850/900/1800/1900)
that should force your phone into using the 2g network
Aug 7, 2013
6 posts
New Westminster
Thanks so much for the code, I got the phone today from Bes Buy Richmond, the sticker said $24.99 but the scan said $29.99 so they had to give me the sticker price. I guess they must have changed it by now
Anyway to turn 3G off and the Camera, the buttons are so thin on the side
Jan 15, 2013
165 posts
60 upvotes
Moncton
I picked up 2 on sale, one for wife and one for myself. Used the unlock code and worked great... for about a month and a half. Since yesterday both phones will not turn on. They start up and go through the Samsung splash screen then shut down.
Anyone have any idea's as to what the problem may be. Seems weird that they both stopped working at the same time.
Appreciate any feedback.
Jan 23, 2003
278 posts
65 upvotes
gilead99 wrote: I picked up 2 on sale, one for wife and one for myself. Used the unlock code and worked great... for about a month and a half. Since yesterday both phones will not turn on. They start up and go through the Samsung splash screen then shut down.
Anyone have any idea's as to what the problem may be. Seems weird that they both stopped working at the same time.
Appreciate any feedback.
Had that happen once. I fixed it by pulling out battery. Waiting a minute before putting battery back in. Phone then booted fine.
Jan 15, 2013
165 posts
60 upvotes
Moncton
Just tried that with both phones , left the battery out for 15mins. still no go. I know the phones were a good deal but 2 phones for a month and a half really sucks. lol
Sep 13, 2013
43 posts
35 upvotes
Confirming that code is valid and works beautifully!

Thank you OP!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2009
2028 posts
545 upvotes
MTL
gilead99 wrote: I picked up 2 on sale, one for wife and one for myself. Used the unlock code and worked great... for about a month and a half. Since yesterday both phones will not turn on. They start up and go through the Samsung splash screen then shut down.
Appreciate any feedback.
Was looking at this phone as a backup for my folks since they don't make many old-style flip phones anymore, though prospects not looking good for this one if self-destructs.

1. Which carrier? Was it on Bell or some other carrier? (if not Bell, maybe Bell was tracking IMEIs not activated by themselves?)
2. Did you use the code to force it onto a 2G/GSM networks? (maybe has a problem with 2G mode and was sold to a carrier that only had 3G on purpose?)
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24669 posts
8739 upvotes
Toronto
he ended up resolving the issue with a battery pull and re-charge....read up here:

samsung-s275-problem-1381553/
apf888 wrote: Was looking at this phone as a backup for my folks since they don't make many old-style flip phones anymore, though prospects not looking good for this one if self-destructs.

1. Which carrier? Was it on Bell or some other carrier? (if not Bell, maybe Bell was tracking IMEIs not activated by themselves?)
2. Did you use the code to force it onto a 2G/GSM networks? (maybe has a problem with 2G mode and was sold to a carrier that only had 3G on purpose?)
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1965 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Just bought this at Futureshop for $26.99 + tax. (BB has it for $29.99, FS for $59.99). Just unlocked it for my Rogers pay as you go. Thanks!

One question though, if I force it to only go on the 2G network, will it save me battery life? what's the advantage of going to 2g over 3g (not that I need 3g for this phone anyways). Thanks!
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
apf888 wrote: Was looking at this phone as a backup for my folks since they don't make many old-style flip phones anymore, though prospects not looking good for this one if self-destructs.

I guess you missed out on the LG F4n flip phones, pm'd at Futureshop for ~ $12 including taxes.
Aug 27, 2011
556 posts
157 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
Rogido wrote: I guess you missed out on the LG F4n flip phones, pm'd at Futureshop for ~ $12 including taxes.
When was this? Which thread?
Feb 10, 2009
512 posts
162 upvotes
I bought 2 of the LG f4ns but the signal is so weak compared to the s275. I need to buy another s275. Anybody wants to buy lgf4ns at cost (about $12 let me know). I've unlocked both already.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
h82lose wrote: I bought 2 of the LG f4ns but the signal is so weak compared to the s275. I need to buy another s275. Anybody wants to buy lgf4ns at cost (about $12 let me know). I've unlocked both already.
Mine seems to hold a signal fine with a Rogers sim. Which carrier did you use yours with?
Feb 10, 2009
512 posts
162 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Mine seems to hold a signal fine with a Rogers sim. Which carrier did you use yours with?
Wife is on Fido and she has 1 to 2 bars where the Samsung has full. Lots of people calling her go directly to voice-mail because of the low signal. I even switched from 3g to 2g.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
h82lose wrote: Wife is on Fido and she has 1 to 2 bars where the Samsung has full. Lots of people calling her go directly to voice-mail because of the low signal. I even switched from 3g to 2g.
Mind you, the same carrier will have different signal strength in different geographical areas.
Apr 19, 2003
269 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
gilead99 wrote: Just tried that with both phones , left the battery out for 15mins. still no go. I know the phones were a good deal but 2 phones for a month and a half really sucks. lol
Try to take out Sim Card and battery. wait for a while then put everything back. this way works for some other phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1965 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
ji2o0k wrote: Phone is confirmed 3G.....only downside is that the battery drains so quickly on this darn phone....lasts about 1day on standby with minimal talk....

I couldn't find a way to turn off 3G either....
MarvinMartian wrote: Just bought this at Futureshop for $26.99 + tax. (BB has it for $29.99, FS for $59.99). Just unlocked it for my Rogers pay as you go. Thanks!

One question though, if I force it to only go on the 2G network, will it save me battery life? what's the advantage of going to 2g over 3g (not that I need 3g for this phone anyways). Thanks!
Just a follow up to my post, I switched to the 2G network 7 days ago when I bought the phone, and I still haven't had to charge my battery (basically on stand-by with minimal talk). Still shows full on the battery indicator. I'll let you know when it finally needs to be charged.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1284 posts
486 upvotes
BC
MarvinMartian wrote: Just a follow up to my post, I switched to the 2G network 7 days ago when I bought the phone, and I still haven't had to charge my battery (basically on stand-by with minimal talk). Still shows full on the battery indicator. I'll let you know when it finally needs to be charged.
I have the Bell Samsung C414M which is very similar, maybe identical, unlocked the same way, another thread on RFD describes it. I'm using it on Fido and experience the same poor battery life on 3G, 1 day or less and also the phone becomes warm and slow in responding to keystrokes. However if I force the phone into 2G mode by doing a frequency band selection as described in an earlier post in this thread the phone runs fine with long battery life. The "3G" graphic symbol on the phone display tells when the phone is in 3G mode. My phone will randomly reset to 3G mode usually once or twice a month, so I need to watch for that 3G symbol. The phone seems to make a noise and do a reboot or something when it decides to go into 3G, so that serves to warn me I should set it back to 2 G.

Other than that, it is an OK phone if you don't yet need a smartphone and want to save money.