Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] FS/BB - iPad 2nd gen & 4th gen - $30 off 16gb, $40 off 32gb, $50 off 64gb

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2012 8:44 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 3, 2010
13 posts
4 upvotes
Burnaby

[Best Buy] FS/BB - iPad 2nd gen & 4th gen - $30 off 16gb, $40 off 32gb, $50 off 64gb

I haven't seem this posted yet so I thought I'd mention it. It's very rare to see iPad sales. i was holding off on buying one but after this sale i bit the bullet and I'm writing this post on my 4th gen 32gb white iPad. :)

This is the full size iPads not the minis.

For 2nd gen and 4th gen iPads, Future Shop and Best Buy are offering $30 off 16 gb models, $40 off 32gb models and $50 off 64 gb models. 3rd gen models are not on sale.

Sale ends December 18th.
19 replies
Apr 19, 2010
794 posts
297 upvotes
am i slow, whats an ipad 4? or is that the mini

edit: yep im slow apparently didnt know a new one was released in nov
May 28, 2012
926 posts
174 upvotes
Surrey
t6lock wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 3:09 am
am i slow, whats an ipad 4? or is that the mini
iPad 4 = 4th gen = latest version with A6X and ligtning connector
Jan 11, 2006
232 posts
7 upvotes
You know Apple is losing market share when iPads are on sale.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
1928 posts
527 upvotes
London
No one really noticed they introduced a faster full sized ipad with the mini a few months ago, so it's been a slow sale.
Aug 19, 2010
124 posts
11 upvotes
GTA
tickyboy wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 6:42 am
No one really noticed they introduced a faster full sized ipad with the mini a few months ago, so it's been a slow sale.
:o
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1007 posts
81 upvotes
Picked up the 16gb 4th gen iPad last night. They're on holiday hours too so they close at 10pm.
Sep 12, 2005
20 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Best buy in the US has had the 3rd gen. 32gb model on for $100 off for a couple weeks. If you're near the border this is a great deal. Only real difference being the A5 vs A6 chip. They are both Retina display.
Jul 29, 2010
88 posts
9 upvotes
What do u guys really use ipad for... i got one but i seam to never use it...

just curious to know why you guys would use ur ipad instead of ur laptop, other than when u are travelling
May 1, 2011
710 posts
365 upvotes
Halifax
salah_1192 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:31 am

just curious to know why you guys would use ur ipad instead of ur laptop, other than when u are travelling
Welcome to the group. There are a very very very few people who use their iPad or tablet extensively. Mine is being used for online poker most frequently. Some use them more than other, but most, check their mail, go on facebook, play angry birds, light surfing. Some on this site would say otherwise, but they are usually much more tech oriented and they themselves would use it more, but the vast majority of users, just really don't use them.

I was going to start a new thread, but will just add this link here. First let me start off by saying I am an apple hater. Can't stand the marketing, can't stand the pricing, and can't stomach using the product. I won't buy an apple product. So take this as you will.

As the OP stated Apple products rarely go on sale. I would have to say more accurately, IMHO, that apple products USED TO rarely go on sale. This is not the case anymore. Their market is close to saturation, their share is falling, their shares are falling, there is little reason (from the average users point of view) to buy the latest greatest iPad. The actual usability does not increase in conjunction with the increase in price.

My best guess is that they have capacity and inventory of 2nd and 3rd Gen iPads and 4th Gen touches. Should this inventory be depleted due to demand and sales of their new items are not meeting expectations, they are easily capable of making more.

Point is, I expect sales to continue to be larger and more frequent for Apple products and that older products be available in various venues. I hate to say wait, but if you are buying just because it is on sale, I would wait until at least after xmas and you should see larger discounts. Of course this is IMHO.

If you are able to buy from ebay.com there is an authorized seller selling apple products.

http://stores.ebay.com/Refurbished-Outl ... 34.c0.m322

I don't know if prices are that much better, but if you have an American addy to ship to there is the possibility of no taxes, and an additional 5% from paypal
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2012
4642 posts
1836 upvotes
Winnipeg
salah_1192 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:31 am

In toilet perhaps...I don't have one.
I bought a PB and found no use for me. Sold it on Kijiji next week.
But I know few people who would sell their laptops for iPads.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1191 posts
192 upvotes
My iPad one of my MOST used devices. Youtube videos, email, web surfing, facebook, news reading, games playing. Its nicer and more convenient than any laptop in my house, and the iPad display, form factor, user experience, and battery life is much much MUCH better.
Always in search of a great deal....
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1509 posts
262 upvotes
Markham
everyone have different needs, i spend hours on the ipad everyday.

my ipad is linked with work email, so my calender of MS exchange is on my ipad. The information I want to share with customers is on my ipad.. all my school material (ie. textbook, lecture notes) are all on ipad as well., i download all the journal pdfs before i head out to work and read them when I am waiting for customers..

one of the main issues with the ipad2 is that it doesn't have retina, sometimes, reading journals on PDF, i need to zoom in before the text gets sharp, whereas on the retina, the text is sharp in full page mode.. waiting for the ipad mini to come in retina in the next version because holding the ipad2 for 3 hours a day reading makes my wrist tired
× < >