Shopping Discussion

FS/BB: Last Fiscal Day of the Year! Go find Deals...

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2009 2:46 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 29, 2009
601 posts
78 upvotes
As I said I don't really know about other FS since this isn't really a "store sale" and I don't want to promise everyone is going to get great deals. I just know personally at my store my DSM wants to get rid of all OB and clearance so he prices it to move. We're also doing 50% off our Open Box table tomorrow I believe.

My manager had marked the things on the table but other things weren't marked (such as cameras and camcorders). Just ask the Sales Associate to ask a manager how low they can go and they should hopefully swing you something good.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2008
1322 posts
13 upvotes
any ottawa employees wanna hint up some info :razz:

oh shi- i almost forgot to thank the OP

edit: lol first to thank, if the manager doesn't give me a good deal im gonna infect him with this bacterial virus i have
p.s. im not a terrorist, just sick :(
;) upvote 4 upvote?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2567 posts
1957 upvotes
Winnipeg
First thing in the morning --Rush to Future shop...and raid the store...!!! :D
Oct 8, 2008
337 posts
72 upvotes
anyone from FS/BB from SW ontario with info? thanks op!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1147 posts
97 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
lunaris wrote:
Feb 28th, 2009 12:26 am
infect him with this bacterial virus i have
"noob" =p

on topic: FS orleans had one of those side-road letterboards saying open box/clearance deals. it's probably garbage but i may make a visit.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
There will probably be some good deals out there but a lot of it is going to be missing parts or in bad shape. A lot of what is sold at these low prices is the stuff that was found in a filing cabinet in the back or that was returned missing accessories and no one wanted during the rest of the year.
Jan 30, 2008
112 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
chris103610 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2009 12:22 am
no such thing as the centre of the universe =)
Clearly you've never been to Toronto :P :lol:
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16548 posts
1558 upvotes
Thornhill
Went to FS at 16th and Yonge - nothing happening there - only regular discounts on open box items

Went to BB at Hwy 7 and Yonge - absolutely nothing going on there

Went to FS at Hwy 7 and Warden - a small shelf of open box items, including A/C adapters, some MP3 accessories, etc

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2840 posts
362 upvotes
Had to cross the city (Winnipeg) today, so I hit 2 Futureshop locations, saw nothing, so probably something that is specific to the OP's store.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1668 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
t3359 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2009 12:17 pm
Went to FS at 16th and Yonge - nothing happening there - only regular discounts on open box items

Went to BB at Hwy 7 and Yonge - absolutely nothing going on there

Went to FS at Hwy 7 and Warden - a small shelf of open box items, including A/C adapters, some MP3 accessories, etc

bjl
The smaller stuff (that doesn't require negotiation) are on two racks - one near GPS's, and the other in the gaming section. I believe there was a Gameboy Micro for $6.97 (location specific; YMMV) as well as PS2 controllers for a buck or so. Big ticket items (such as TV's/Computers) will require you actually talking to a salesperson. Depending on how well you get them to believe that you're serious on buying - they'll show you some clearance units and shoot you an offer for them.