Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II by May 4 and get $10 credit / 800 RZ pts

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2012 4:48 pm
Tags:
None
23 replies
Oct 2, 2008
518 posts
104 upvotes
Ancaster
Jimboski wrote: :facepalm:
Sorry.

What's different? 1 new map?

I take it you haven't seen the trailer.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
RIP Call Of Duty Series; gone are the days of the legendary Call Of Duty 2.

Regardless, I'm still gonna buy it cuz of the Zombies mode - one really positive outcome from these games.

Edit: Forgot about AC3... hmm not sure what to get.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
Hmm, the hard part is deciding which platform to buy it on.

PC or not PC, that is the question.
Mar 26, 2008
491 posts
764 upvotes
Mississauga
Farmhouse wrote: Hmm, the hard part is deciding which platform to buy it on.

Yeaaaa PC!

Oh wait its probably going to need a second gen i7 with dual cards to run...(NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo) :lol:
Apr 6, 2008
374 posts
349 upvotes
Ajax
I will hold off on this until I start to see some gameplay videos. If its the same engine f-it. Ill just get it from my friend for 4 hours to do the campaign and move on to something worth my time.
Jul 21, 2008
599 posts
330 upvotes
I wouldn't bother preordering just yet, I'm sure we'll see that 800 rz points deal around up to release. Hopefully we get something like FS e3 deal. :lol:
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4103 posts
362 upvotes
minwersh wrote: I will hold off on this until I start to see some gameplay videos. If its the same engine f-it. Ill just get it from my friend for 4 hours to do the campaign and move on to something worth my time.

This is just a new Map Pack and should be $15.
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2010
2611 posts
405 upvotes
Toronto
ephemera wrote: This is just a new Map Pack and should be $15.

smh... anyways looking forward to beat this game on veteran and play online with my friends
Jan 12, 2007
927 posts
104 upvotes
fatal15 wrote: smh... anyways looking forward to beat this game on veteran and play online with my friends

If it's anything like Black Ops, I'll happily give them my money.

I've sunk 500 hours into that game, it was a decent PC port unlike MW2 and MW3. Treyarch is by far the better COD developer at this point, despite the flak they get.

Also, FS seems to have the PC version for 50$ for some weird reason along with the 10$ credit. At first I thought Activision had smartened up and realized the benefit of having lower priced PC games games and regular sales (like they've done with MW3), but then I saw it being 60$ on ever other site.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3141 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
So whats the price for the PC version? $49.99-$10 Gift certificate =$40?
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
3271 posts
387 upvotes
thegr8testone wrote: Yeaaaa PC!

Oh wait its probably going to need a second gen i7 with dual cards to run...(NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo) :lol:

Lol.. this is CoD graphics, not BF...

CoD doesn't change, so if your happy paying $60 for basically the same game go ahead =). Black Ops however, was still fun, regardless of it being rehashed etc. so Black ops 2 wouldn't be bad, but seriously, it would be just new maps and a new short campaign.. I find the map packs for CoD aren't even worth it because by the time you really start enjoying them the next game is already coming out xD. Although I know like 50% of FPS shooter players on consoles literally play CoD 24/7 (or it's the ONLY game they play) so paying $60 a year (for each release) and about another $40-$60 in map packs is not bad I guess for those that only play CoD games x].

Me and my friends recently got our hardcore CoD friends to jump onto BF3 and their exact words were "why didn't I play this before?" lol. Still a bunch of friends who are still not willing to give BF3 a try. Overall, I don't think Black ops 2 can be worse than MW3..
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
Buy now, think later.

Lots of time to cancel. Here's hoping for another E3 buy 3 get each game for $40 sale again. That's the sweet spot for myself for new releases I'd enjoy. Otherwise, I'd wait for it to go on sale.

My fear with COD is on day one, everyone is basically on the same level. No one really knows the maps and you have lots of kiddies getting it day one only to get slaughtered by the veterans. I'm pretty casual with COD and for myself, getting the game later down the road is significantly a harder play through multiplayer. By then the ones that are still playing are the hardcore and some casual or newbies. It's kind of crazy when you see 70% of the room prestiged more than once.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2006
1084 posts
532 upvotes
Farmhouse wrote: Hmm, the hard part is deciding which platform to buy it on.

I would agree that PC is the way to go but mulitplayer MW3 is devolved into a hack-fest. Not fun anymore.

:(
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2009
1235 posts
142 upvotes
Montreal
Wait til E3, FS will probably have the same deal as last year for 39.99 titles when you PO 3 or more.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2705 posts
1197 upvotes
Calgary
Sweet! ZOMBIES! I loved the zombie mode in Black Ops. I was never really into the campaigns but love the mutilplayer of COD.
Jan 12, 2007
927 posts
104 upvotes
Nanodollars wrote: I would agree that PC is the way to go but mulitplayer MW3 is devolved into a hack-fest. Not fun anymore.

:(

This is why Black Ops was awesome, it had dedicated servers. Yes, I encountered a few cheaters in my 500 hours of playing it, but admins were quick to ban them.

If Black Ops 2 uses Black Ops as a jumping off point (dedicated servers, FOV option, etc.), I'll buy this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)