None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
1044 posts
177 upvotes
Aurora

FS & BB removing price paid in Comments

Anyone else notice that when people post comments about an item, if they tried to post how much they paid, it gets removed?

Some examples from here; http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/reviews/jab ... 3e9401en21
Got it on Boxing Week 2014 sales [...]. So far I would say solid product.
Bought on black Friday for $[...]- got a really good speaker phone and clear sounding speakers.
I found it useful when someone would post how much they paid for something. Seems harder and harder to find historical pricing > :(
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2567 posts
1611 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
chronos wrote:
Feb 27th, 2015 7:20 pm
Anyone else notice that when people post comments about an item, if they tried to post how much they paid, it gets removed?
I found it useful when someone would post how much they paid for something. Seems harder and harder to find historical pricing > :(
If I recall, they specifically state that you should not refer to pricing in your comments. Many retailers do this.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11784 posts
1470 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Go to any product page and click "Write a review", and the form page will state:

Follow these tips to ensure your review is posted:
- Describe your experience using the product
- Share details about what you liked or disliked
- Avoid references to pricing, other products, or websites
- No spam, ads, URLs, HTML, inappropriate language or personal information
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1014 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote:
Feb 27th, 2015 10:06 pm
If I recall, they specifically state that you should not refer to pricing in your comments. Many retailers do this.
chronos wrote:
Feb 27th, 2015 7:20 pm
Amazon actually pays Camel Camel Camel (via their affiliate program) to do this for them. With BB/FS trying to avoid historical indexing of prices it just means that it's a reason to forgo them in favour of Amazon. Yet another reason that is...
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812