Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

TELUS Alcatel Pop Icon Smartphone - Black - Prepaid 79.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2014 3:14 pm
Tags:
None
41 replies
Mar 10, 2013
135 posts
27 upvotes
can you buy this phone and use it without a plan? (wifi) or do you have to purchase a telus plan when you buy the phone?
Feb 1, 2007
861 posts
167 upvotes
Aurora
Kiingsley wrote: can you buy this phone and use it without a plan? (wifi) or do you have to purchase a telus plan when you buy the phone?
yes.
Mar 27, 2013
43 posts
20 upvotes
Burnaby
Review of the Telus version, the phone is pretty good especially at $79

Mar 18, 2008
539 posts
101 upvotes
I bought this phone last time, like it. Touch responsiveness could be better.

I however have one problem, my camera is no longer working properly. The gallery program keeps freezing as soon as I launch Camera app. I suspect it's related to one of the apps that I installed, but not exactly sure. Has anyone run into the same problem?

Otherwise this is a great phone for the price.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Unfortunately I don't think there is an root for this. I had big issues with the digitizer/touch but I did a factory reset and it seems better now.

EDIT - Sorry, meant to say "root" for this. Changed above
Jun 20, 2010
471 posts
248 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Unfortunately I don't think there is an unlock for this. I had big issues with the digitizer/touch but I did a factory reset and it seems better now.
Just bought it couple of hours ago, and the phone is already unlocked and on a fido sim :)
there are plenty 1-1.5 dollar unlock options on ebay....i picked one where seller was from UK and i got the pin in less than 30 minutes ...

So easily unlockable...
Dec 26, 2004
829 posts
58 upvotes
I'm hoping the moto g goes down to that price so I can pick it up for my mother.
Nov 13, 2006
189 posts
201 upvotes
Hamilton
Bought it on sale in September during FS/BB $120 sale. Had this phone for 2.5 months now. It's been very solid, and i've had no issues with anything despite dropping the phone onto hardwood floor twice (no dents or scratches either), and the stock launcher is surprisingly clean. For $79, it's a steal, and it even comes with Swype pre-installed :) .

However, here are the cons for me so far.
- 5 MP camera is terrible
- Touchscreen does have slightly more resistance than other phones
- Only 2 GB of internal storage, despite other sources claiming it's 4 GB. For apps that can't be moved to SD card, you use it up quickly.
- No LTE

Otherwise, i love this phone.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
guneiseimo summed it up pretty well. It's a great deal for $80. At $120, not so much. It lacks a little polish. A little rough around the edges.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Bought this one yesterday morning and unlock it using as backup phone and WiFi not bad for the price.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Apr 20, 2009
121 posts
19 upvotes
Sorry for dumb question, but can I use this with Speakout?
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
anti_maniac wrote: So easily unlockable...

Sorry, I was half asleep. I meant to say no "root" for it. I also unlocked the one I bought quickly/easily and cheaply.
Edited my original post.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
tckr wrote: Sorry for dumb question, but can I use this with Speakout?
Yes canadawide from bell rogers telus virgin Fido koodo public mobile mobilicity wind.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2005
2197 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Silly me.Just cut my simm card using the method from google search. Did everything accordingly (i.e. tape on a printout template, cut and sand the edge) and still no simm card detected. Panic for an hour and about to go to Wind to buy a new sim card for $25. Then realized I forgot to remove the tape that was left covering the sim card. (I used those wide transparent packing tape.)

Unlock successfully and everything works.
Temp. Banned
Sep 18, 2012
1355 posts
239 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
the touch screen response is kind of crap and phone is a bit slow though the battery life destroyed my nexus 5 in comparison. Also I got signal in some places I didn't before.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)