Page 2 of 23

Re: FS/BB Virgin Samsung Galaxy Ace II x[$0 + $150 TAB -$50 GC -$30 BB Reward] $17 Unlock

Posted: Dec 7th, 2012 12:08 pm
by astrotrain
I am interested in this phone but the unlock charges I see $30 to $50 is exorbitant. I am not sure what this phone looks like, most of the images I see the phones looks like the one OP posted but on the FS link the phone looks like below:

[IMG]http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/Pro ... 458_FR.jpg[/IMG]

Re: FS/BB Virgin Samsung Galaxy Ace II x[$0 + $150 TAB -$50 GC -$30 BB Reward] $17 Unlock

Posted: Dec 7th, 2012 12:10 pm
by Sepharite
That looks like the S3 or the Note 2. The Ace 2X looks like a shorter stubbier version. It can be called Galaxy S2 Mini in some cases.

Posted: Dec 7th, 2012 12:12 pm
by lynn24
astrotrain wrote: I am interested in this phone but the unlock charges I see $30 to $50 is exorbitant. I am not sure what this phone looks like, most of the images I see the phones looks like the one OP posted but on the FS link the phone looks like below:

[IMG]http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/Pro ... 458_FR.jpg[/IMG]
I noticed that too... I think they accidentally posted the pic for note2... Check out the picture for the white model for what it's actually supposed to look like. (front facing camera should be on the left side)

Posted: Dec 7th, 2012 12:24 pm
by astrotrain
lynn24 wrote: I noticed that too... I think they accidentally posted the pic for note2... Check out the picture for the white model for what it's actually supposed to look like. (front facing camera should be on the left side)
Yeah I am not sure too, but I found some pics from google that indicate this phone should look like the pic I posted with the camera to the right and more rectangle. If the phone looks like the white one it is fugly, too much oval shape and feminine. Maybe there are different carrier versions, don't know.

[IMG]http://readtruereview.com/wp-content/up ... -ace21.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://readtruereview.com/wp-content/up ... ace-25.jpg[/IMG]

Posted: Dec 7th, 2012 12:31 pm
by bdaman
FriedFrog wrote: Is this offer eligible for pricematch anywhere?

I don't really want a giftcard for FS or BB if there is an alternative
The Mobile Shop at Superstore does pricematch (from the flyer I just received 2 days ago). However, you will lose the referral bonus from BB.

Posted: Dec 7th, 2012 1:01 pm
by southnam
Was going to get this to replace the HTC One V as I thought I read it was a dual core processory somewhere but can't find that now. this and the htc one v are both seeming to be low end phones that run 4.0

Thoughts?

Posted: Dec 7th, 2012 2:29 pm
by AARON_R/C
astrotrain wrote: .... too much oval shape and feminine
exactly what i was thinking towards ACE IIx

Posted: Dec 7th, 2012 3:56 pm
by lynn24
Pretty sure it's the wrong picture... Checked out the bell website since they're on the same network and tend to offer similar phones and they had this:

http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Products/Sa ... xy-Ace-2-x

Posted: Dec 7th, 2012 4:07 pm
by wwedx
So if im understanding this correctly.
I get the phone for Free or $50? depending on how much the TAB is?

Posted: Dec 7th, 2012 5:42 pm
by lypang
wwedx wrote: So if im understanding this correctly.
I get the phone for Free or $50? depending on how much the TAB is?
With the $150 GC and $30 Reward points, it's pretty much free. You just have to figure out what to buy at BB with your GC.

Posted: Dec 7th, 2012 5:49 pm
by Sepharite
Did you buy one Lypang? I know you bought a couple of S2s. I went to BB today, huge line up so I just left. Going to try again tomorrow. I asked the employee if I could buy more phones even though I have 4 activations on Virgin. He said he didn't know. Oh well. Will try again tomorrow.

Posted: Dec 7th, 2012 6:05 pm
by dealornot13
Just came back from bestbuy and the reps told me that the tab is $200 not $150. Also thr $35 referral will go away unlrss you stick on the contract for 90 days. Anyone has this same scenerio?

Posted: Dec 8th, 2012 2:58 am
by lex4ever
no mention of Tab or GC on BB website.. looks like deal is gone!!

Posted: Dec 8th, 2012 3:14 am
by lypang
Sepharite wrote: Did you buy one Lypang? I know you bought a couple of S2s. I went to BB today, huge line up so I just left. Going to try again tomorrow. I asked the employee if I could buy more phones even though I have 4 activations on Virgin. He said he didn't know. Oh well. Will try again tomorrow.
I did stopped by today to confirm the $150 GC but they were busy so I didn't get 1 today.

Posted: Dec 8th, 2012 3:21 am
by lypang
trungngo13 wrote: Just came back from bestbuy and the reps told me that the tab is $200 not $150. Also thr $35 referral will go away unlrss you stick on the contract for 90 days. Anyone has this same scenerio?
Sometimes you just can't trust what they say, they need to process the contract in order to see how much the Tab is.
I saw a post at the S2X thread saying they got it for $150 Tab but I'll confirm that when I get a phone.
I can confirm the $30 BB reward will not go away, I already used $80 BB reward certificate last week from the phones that I cancelled 2 months ago.

Posted: Dec 8th, 2012 3:26 am
by lypang
Looks like they might have removed the deal from the website, not showing any GC now.
Could be a Friday special only :(

Giftcard

Posted: Dec 8th, 2012 7:25 am
by bargainshunter
lypang wrote: Looks like they might have removed the deal from the website, not showing any GC now.
Could be a Friday special only :(
$150 gc offer still there. Both links works fine

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... 226614en02

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... 7b97c6en02

Posted: Dec 8th, 2012 7:41 am
by ji_hyun_jun
I don't see the GC offer here..

Posted: Dec 8th, 2012 8:50 am
by BuSteR462
ji_hyun_jun wrote: I don't see the GC offer here..
refresh and you'l see it

Posted: Dec 8th, 2012 9:36 am
by dealornot13
I see, well sounds good. I'll give it a second shot then. Thanks
lypang wrote: Sometimes you just can't trust what they say, they need to process the contract in order to see how much the Tab is.
I saw a post at the S2X thread saying they got it for $150 Tab but I'll confirm that when I get a phone.
I can confirm the $30 BB reward will not go away, I already used $80 BB reward certificate last week from the phones that I cancelled 2 months ago.