Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

FS/BB Wonderbook: Book Of Spells(PS3) for $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2013 9:09 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 3, 2011
248 posts
53 upvotes
rudyjuly2 wrote: Does anybody know? $10 is a great deal for any game but not if I have to buy something to go with it.

I will say Sorcery was a lot of fun and very enjoyable. The Move has been a failure but I got it cheap and for a few games it's worth it.
I thought sorcery was a great game!
Aug 16, 2006
639 posts
273 upvotes
Calgary
My daughter got this for Christmas and it was her favourite present. She loves it! To each their own, I guess.
Jun 23, 2009
110 posts
57 upvotes
It's actually a pretty fair success in Europe but for some reason it's not selling as well in North America. Though that seems to be the case with most casual games on the PS3.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2062 upvotes
This is awesome. I told my co-worker about it when she mentioned her one kid got a new wand and was going to take it with him to Florida to Harry Potter world or whatever they have down there. It was too late for them to go out and get one, so I've ordered an extra copy for them.

Kid's love this.. under 10 and this is golden. Only thing that happened was that Sony needed a Harry Potter licensed game to follow up with this.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
TheLastOne wrote: Honestly, I think only a Sony fanboy could see it this way. This is a case of a company completely failing to understand its product (PS3) and its market and not only releasing a product that had very little chance of success to begin with, but still thoroughly believing it could be successful to the point that they spent consideriable marketting dollars on it (30% of E3 2012). Any other company failing to understand its market this badly would be laughed at as well. This is easily one of the biggest flops of the year.
LOL! Wonderbook was not 30% of the Sony E3 press conference? You're crazy... although they did waste a bit of time on it just not as bad as you remember.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21264 posts
6247 upvotes
Poormond Hill
JackWhyte wrote: I remember seeing a preview of this and thinking 'who the hell is going to buy this idiotic contraption?' and I guess my question is answered lol
The hoarders here that can make $1, will buy it.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Mar 6, 2011
278 posts
32 upvotes
Honestly it's not the worst game. My problem is that the ps eye has to be above the book looking down on it so it's inconvenient for me to play. I paid $10 for it awhile back and I don't regret it but I'm shocked it dropped so fast. I heard there's 2 other games being developed for the peripheral but I'm not certain so I'm gonna hold onto the thing.
Ps3 Trophy Card
I'm only here for the ps3 deals
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7407 posts
6683 upvotes
Toronto
Umm...I just saw the review and FOR 10$, a Harry Potter Fan (a child), this is a perfect way to keep them entertained.
Apr 10, 2007
610 posts
116 upvotes
in other news.

BOXING WEEK EXTENDED AT BEST BUY SAVE 10$ ON SLEEPING DOGS NOW 39.99 ....
Aug 22, 2011
457 posts
58 upvotes
BRAMPTON
i picked this up before xmas at Toys R Us for $10... I just dont have the move set yet to play it... from way back when when I saw the E3 announcement, it looked ok, but a little flawed in gameplay. Slow reaction to movements by the wand, kindly slow gameplay a la pottermore style.... can anyone confirm there is more to it than just a few waves of the motion controller. I want to pick up a ps move bundle when on sale, but dont wanna spend the money if the game is not worth it. People who have actually played this need only respond ;)
Aug 24, 2006
761 posts
183 upvotes
Woodbridge
I'm sure neither one of us expected it to get quite this out of hand, and I apologize both Snazzy and everyone else that it did. If a mod could please delete all of the related posts so this thread can get back on the tracks I would be thankful. To that end I have deleted all my posts on the matter to hopefully stop it from starting back up again. Happy dealing!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1736 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
ITs only 10$?

Are you kidding me... The way they demo'd it, I thought was going to be nearly 100$.

But I understand better what it is (and isn't now)... Seems ok if you already have the eye and psmove... OTherwise, NOT a reason to get those accessories.
Nintendo Switch vibes
Oct 16, 2005
556 posts
73 upvotes
Niagara
All sold out online :( I shouldn't have waited so long to find something to make shipping free :p
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
archdemon wrote: Seems ok if you already have the eye and psmove... OTherwise, NOT a reason to get those accessories.
I agree. It's a novel concept (pun intended) but probably not the killer app to invest in Move stuff unless your kids are die-hard Potterheads. The bundle with the camera and Move wand included is also on sale for $59.99 which is a pretty good deal. Move hasn't taken off but it's fantastic technology that is amazingly accurate. FWIW, my kids love the Sports Champions games along with Tumble, and I like it for golf games (the one in Sports Champions 2 is surprisingly good, and in many ways better and smoother than the Tiger Woods games). I still have my Sharpshooter in the box, but I hear it's pretty fun with Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Socom 4 (if Socom 4 can ever be fun), etc.

For anyone who bought the Eye of Judgment bundle when it was on sale for $20 at EB, it comes with a stand for the Eye camera which would be great for this as well since it seems you need to point it down to read the AR book (or it's easier that way).
Dec 16, 2009
169 posts
329 upvotes
Picked one up in Guelph, lots left. Thanks OP. My very excited 9 year old thanks you as well.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16313 posts
7943 upvotes
uklamen wrote: This is awesome. I told my co-worker about it when she mentioned her one kid got a new wand and was going to take it with him to Florida to Harry Potter world or whatever they have down there. It was too late for them to go out and get one, so I've ordered an extra copy for them.

Kid's love this.. under 10 and this is golden. Only thing that happened was that Sony needed a Harry Potter licensed game to follow up with this.
There is a Harry Potter game but it's for Kinect.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Harry ... for_Kinect
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1237 posts
415 upvotes
I bought it for my daughter with the $20 preorder fiasco from best buy in november, when you preordered any game, another game was $20 off, so paid $14.99 and just price matched for extra $5 savings today thanks op... but anyways daughter loved this game (almost 6) and i actually thought that was pretty cool. Probably not worth $40 plus but if you have move and can get this for under $20 i say do it and I'm not even big fan of harry potter
Oct 28, 2012
967 posts
165 upvotes
EDMONTON
poor sony, this product is sent out to die because they can't use the harry potter license.