• Jan 8th, 2013 9:09 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 11, 2007
310 posts
27 upvotes
themackdad wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 7:16 am
Does this require you to have already bought the AR book? looks like the book is on the list of required peripherals.
Does anybody know? $10 is a great deal for any game but not if I have to buy something to go with it.

I will say Sorcery was a lot of fun and very enjoyable. The Move has been a failure but I got it cheap and for a few games it's worth it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
5289 posts
1254 upvotes
Montreal
rudyjuly2 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 11:00 am
Does anybody know? $10 is a great deal for any game but not if I have to buy something to go with it.

I will say Sorcery was a lot of fun and very enjoyable. The Move has been a failure but I got it cheap and for a few games it's worth it.
you neeed Move stuff, but you seem to have it.

The book is included in the package, the game boxset includes the AR book.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1374 upvotes
Kanata
Oh, and for all the haters, this has a 73 metacritic score after 33 reviews. Not exactly the biggest flop of the year - just something that hasn't sold all that well. The reviews are either love it or hate it - go figure. It's almost as if it's something made for children that didn't satisfy the pasty faced adults who bought it...
Mar 3, 2011
204 posts
47 upvotes
desfunk wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 10:48 am
For the price, this is worth every single penny! Yeah, it's aimed more at kids, but the game itself is a blast to play (experience). But it's one of those things, where if you aren't a fan of the harry potter universe, it just won't be worth your time.
Harry potter you say, my wife would love this then!!
Mar 3, 2011
204 posts
47 upvotes
rudyjuly2 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 11:00 am

I thought sorcery was a great game!
Aug 16, 2006
557 posts
129 upvotes
Calgary
My daughter got this for Christmas and it was her favourite present. She loves it! To each their own, I guess.
Jun 23, 2009
103 posts
49 upvotes
It's actually a pretty fair success in Europe but for some reason it's not selling as well in North America. Though that seems to be the case with most casual games on the PS3.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1436 posts
490 upvotes
This is awesome. I told my co-worker about it when she mentioned her one kid got a new wand and was going to take it with him to Florida to Harry Potter world or whatever they have down there. It was too late for them to go out and get one, so I've ordered an extra copy for them.

Kid's love this.. under 10 and this is golden. Only thing that happened was that Sony needed a Harry Potter licensed game to follow up with this.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
TheLastOne wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 10:24 am
Honestly, I think only a Sony fanboy could see it this way. This is a case of a company completely failing to understand its product (PS3) and its market and not only releasing a product that had very little chance of success to begin with, but still thoroughly believing it could be successful to the point that they spent consideriable marketting dollars on it (30% of E3 2012). Any other company failing to understand its market this badly would be laughed at as well. This is easily one of the biggest flops of the year.
LOL! Wonderbook was not 30% of the Sony E3 press conference? You're crazy... although they did waste a bit of time on it just not as bad as you remember.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
17580 posts
1616 upvotes
Poormond Hill
JackWhyte wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 10:29 am
I remember seeing a preview of this and thinking 'who the hell is going to buy this idiotic contraption?' and I guess my question is answered lol
The hoarders here that can make $1, will buy it.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Mar 6, 2011
278 posts
32 upvotes
Honestly it's not the worst game. My problem is that the ps eye has to be above the book looking down on it so it's inconvenient for me to play. I paid $10 for it awhile back and I don't regret it but I'm shocked it dropped so fast. I heard there's 2 other games being developed for the peripheral but I'm not certain so I'm gonna hold onto the thing.
Ps3 Trophy Card
I'm only here for the ps3 deals
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
3448 posts
994 upvotes
Mississauga
Umm...I just saw the review and FOR 10$, a Harry Potter Fan (a child), this is a perfect way to keep them entertained.
× < >