• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2013 9:09 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 10, 2007
501 posts
82 upvotes
in other news.

BOXING WEEK EXTENDED AT BEST BUY SAVE 10$ ON SLEEPING DOGS NOW 39.99 ....
Aug 22, 2011
455 posts
58 upvotes
BRAMPTON
i picked this up before xmas at Toys R Us for $10... I just dont have the move set yet to play it... from way back when when I saw the E3 announcement, it looked ok, but a little flawed in gameplay. Slow reaction to movements by the wand, kindly slow gameplay a la pottermore style.... can anyone confirm there is more to it than just a few waves of the motion controller. I want to pick up a ps move bundle when on sale, but dont wanna spend the money if the game is not worth it. People who have actually played this need only respond ;)
Aug 24, 2006
632 posts
86 upvotes
Woodbridge
I'm sure neither one of us expected it to get quite this out of hand, and I apologize both Snazzy and everyone else that it did. If a mod could please delete all of the related posts so this thread can get back on the tracks I would be thankful. To that end I have deleted all my posts on the matter to hopefully stop it from starting back up again. Happy dealing!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1723 posts
152 upvotes
Moosonee
ITs only 10$?

Are you kidding me... The way they demo'd it, I thought was going to be nearly 100$.

But I understand better what it is (and isn't now)... Seems ok if you already have the eye and psmove... OTherwise, NOT a reason to get those accessories.
'WILL I GET 60 FPS' (?) GTAV Rig >>> z77 Asrock, i7 2600K @ 4.1GHZ, 16GB Dominator @ 1800mhz, 1000W PSU, 2x GTX 680 overclocked, 4 SSD: 1x120GB, 1x 240G, 2x500GB RAID0, Antec 300 Two
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1373 upvotes
Kanata
archdemon wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 1:45 pm
Seems ok if you already have the eye and psmove... OTherwise, NOT a reason to get those accessories.
I agree. It's a novel concept (pun intended) but probably not the killer app to invest in Move stuff unless your kids are die-hard Potterheads. The bundle with the camera and Move wand included is also on sale for $59.99 which is a pretty good deal. Move hasn't taken off but it's fantastic technology that is amazingly accurate. FWIW, my kids love the Sports Champions games along with Tumble, and I like it for golf games (the one in Sports Champions 2 is surprisingly good, and in many ways better and smoother than the Tiger Woods games). I still have my Sharpshooter in the box, but I hear it's pretty fun with Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Socom 4 (if Socom 4 can ever be fun), etc.

For anyone who bought the Eye of Judgment bundle when it was on sale for $20 at EB, it comes with a stand for the Eye camera which would be great for this as well since it seems you need to point it down to read the AR book (or it's easier that way).
Dec 16, 2009
64 posts
7 upvotes
Picked one up in Guelph, lots left. Thanks OP. My very excited 9 year old thanks you as well.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
12657 posts
1518 upvotes
uklamen wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 11:53 am
This is awesome. I told my co-worker about it when she mentioned her one kid got a new wand and was going to take it with him to Florida to Harry Potter world or whatever they have down there. It was too late for them to go out and get one, so I've ordered an extra copy for them.

Kid's love this.. under 10 and this is golden. Only thing that happened was that Sony needed a Harry Potter licensed game to follow up with this.
There is a Harry Potter game but it's for Kinect.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Harry ... for_Kinect
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1030 posts
230 upvotes
I bought it for my daughter with the $20 preorder fiasco from best buy in november, when you preordered any game, another game was $20 off, so paid $14.99 and just price matched for extra $5 savings today thanks op... but anyways daughter loved this game (almost 6) and i actually thought that was pretty cool. Probably not worth $40 plus but if you have move and can get this for under $20 i say do it and I'm not even big fan of harry potter
Oct 28, 2012
476 posts
51 upvotes
EDMONTON
poor sony, this product is sent out to die because they can't use the harry potter license.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1256 posts
73 upvotes
Whitby
Picked one up at the Whitby Futureshop. Three left at 2:30pm. My 5yr old is having no problem at all using this. The technology works quite well.
Apr 17, 2010
280 posts
67 upvotes
Thanks OP. Picked one up at 11:00 AM and was able to Plat the game in 3 hours. Ended up returning it for my money back (Played dumb and said I didn't know it required a Move). Horrible POS game, but I can't complain about a free Platinum trophy.
Aug 14, 2012
168 posts
449 upvotes
KANATA
themackdad wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 7:16 am
Does this require you to have already bought the AR book? looks like the book is on the list of required peripherals.
It comes with the book. I bought one today at the FS in Kanata. There was only three left.

I enjoyed what I have played so far.
Nov 11, 2011
394 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
I don't get the hate.
Yeah it's didn't sell well, but some people have to take chances otherwise nothing new will ever come out!
Thanks OP though :)
Jan 29, 2006
719 posts
67 upvotes
MrBambinoDent wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 10:11 pm
I don't get the hate.
Yeah it's didn't sell well, but some people have to take chances otherwise nothing new will ever come out!
Thanks OP though :)
From what I've read from the reviews it is mediocre. I remember which video but even the trained users messed up the spells. We can't just buy anything and everything. I returned it when I bought it at toysrus when it was $9.97
× < >