lol epic fail sony

Re: FS/BB Wonderbook: Book Of Spells(PS3) for $9.99

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 3:55 am
by Farmhouse
Well, that TANKED pretty quick.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 5:24 am
by Fantaz
ordered one as filler for the Playbook charger, only as a lack of anything better to have in my order... will return this moment i get it.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 7:16 am
by themackdad
Does this require you to have already bought the AR book? looks like the book is on the list of required peripherals.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 9:11 am
by Sneeches
scorpion87 wrote: Wonderbook: Book Of Spells (PS3) for $9.99

FS: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... fc06b2en02

BB: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/won ... 858878en02

Note: PlayStation Move Required.
Futureshop link doesn't work otherwise my internet at work here sucks ****.

But for 10$ hell yah I'll buy this.. my daughter may play it and it'll give me trophies.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 9:16 am
by Sansname
Looks like we have a new Facebreaker...

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 9:22 am
by cashinstinct
TRU was right to sell this POS at $9.97...

too bad its big and heavy, cannot be shipped easily. and its dead at EB

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 9:43 am
by Captain Snazzypants
Personally, I think Sony should be commended for taking chances - even if something doesn't sell well. But fanboys gotta hate...

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 10:14 am
by Sneeches
Captain Snazzypants wrote: Personally, I think Sony should be commended for taking chances - even if something doesn't sell well. But fanboys gotta hate...
agree with you completely

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 10:29 am
by JackWhyte
I remember seeing a preview of this and thinking 'who the hell is going to buy this idiotic contraption?' and I guess my question is answered lol

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 10:31 am
by XFactor11
It's good that Sony took a chance on this title, but they should leave it to Nintendo to invest in the development of the kids-only type games.

Gametrailers really hated Wonderbook
http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/u35 ... lls-review

but this video review demonstrates what it's about. Mostly AR gesturing.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 10:39 am
by cashinstinct
It's a right to laugh when people fall.

It should be a law.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 10:48 am
by desfunk
For the price, this is worth every single penny! Yeah, it's aimed more at kids, but the game itself is a blast to play (experience). But it's one of those things, where if you aren't a fan of the harry potter universe, it just won't be worth your time.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 10:55 am
by Captain Snazzypants
TheLastOne wrote: Honestly, I think only a Sony fanboy could see it this way. This is a case of a company completely failing to understand its product (PS3) and its market and not only releasing a product that had very little chance of success to begin with, but still thoroughly believing it could be successful to the point that they spent consideriable marketting dollars on it (30% of E3 2012). Any other company failing to understand its market this badly would be laughed at as well. This is easily one of the biggest flops of the year.
Typical 20/20 hindsight from an Internet hater who 'knew it all along'...phhht. There are surprise hits and flops in any market and it's rather pathetic to go around pointing out the flops well after the fact. Besides, your point about the Harry Potter franchise not being something they could work with in an effort to branch out into other offerings is ludicrous. I give Sony a slow clap for at least trying and a big 'boo' to you and your ilk. And for the record, I have every system under the sun but most collect dust other than my PS3....and it's because of stuff like this that I keep going back to Sony.
cashinstinct wrote: It's a right to laugh when people fall.
It should be a law.
Agreed 100%. That way, we know who the dooshbags are around us...

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 11:00 am
by rudyjuly2
themackdad wrote: Does this require you to have already bought the AR book? looks like the book is on the list of required peripherals.
Does anybody know? $10 is a great deal for any game but not if I have to buy something to go with it.

I will say Sorcery was a lot of fun and very enjoyable. The Move has been a failure but I got it cheap and for a few games it's worth it.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 11:04 am
by cashinstinct
rudyjuly2 wrote: Does anybody know? $10 is a great deal for any game but not if I have to buy something to go with it.

I will say Sorcery was a lot of fun and very enjoyable. The Move has been a failure but I got it cheap and for a few games it's worth it.
you neeed Move stuff, but you seem to have it.

The book is included in the package, the game boxset includes the AR book.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 11:14 am
by rudyjuly2
Thanks. Will probably pick this up then.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 11:26 am
by Captain Snazzypants
Oh, and for all the haters, this has a 73 metacritic score after 33 reviews. Not exactly the biggest flop of the year - just something that hasn't sold all that well. The reviews are either love it or hate it - go figure. It's almost as if it's something made for children that didn't satisfy the pasty faced adults who bought it...

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 11:27 am
by Sneeches
desfunk wrote: For the price, this is worth every single penny! Yeah, it's aimed more at kids, but the game itself is a blast to play (experience). But it's one of those things, where if you aren't a fan of the harry potter universe, it just won't be worth your time.
Harry potter you say, my wife would love this then!!