Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 11, 2002
409 posts
25 upvotes

FS Benq 4x dvdr vesus BB 8x dvdr

hi,

need some help deciding which to buy. I am considering buying a dvd burner and some dvdr disc. I've never had a dvd burner before so don't really know what the 4x and 8x difference is. Can somebody tell me how much time you actually need to burn a full dvd 4.7gb at 4x vesus 8x? Thanks. Much Appreciated..
4 replies
Jul 11, 2003
247 posts
2 upvotes
Hi Tree,
Even if you have a 4x burner, go for the BB 8x DVD+R as they are of much higher quality (Ricoh or TY). 4x takes 15 min approx to burn and 8x takes 9 min approx. to burn depending on your burner.

Cheers
eeee
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2002
3339 posts
28 upvotes
West Coast
eeee wrote:Hi Tree,
Even if you have a 4x burner, go for the BB 8x DVD+R as they are of much higher quality (Ricoh or TY). 4x takes 15 min approx to burn and 8x takes 9 min approx. to burn depending on your burner.

Cheers
eeee
ive read some threads where people are burning the Benq discs at 8X with no problems
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2497 posts
98 upvotes
if ur goin for the dvd+r then i agree, go for the BB sale.

but if u want dvd-r, then id say go for the FS sale for the BenQ. i say this because the dvd-r are either TY or Prodisc...and id rather know for sure im getting a sony media code in the benQ then gamble in getting a TY or Prodisc

just my thots
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2497 posts
98 upvotes
JayPatel wrote:ive read some threads where people are burning the Benq discs at 8X with no problems

i think with the new firmware for the benq 1620, u mite be able to burn at 12x