None
[OP]
Jan 2, 2011
6 posts

[Future Shop] FS - Bosch Ascenta price match - YMMV

Hey guys,

I was looking into a Bosch dishwasher and this one on sale at FS:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... ageIndex=1

I then went to Corb**l electro and found the same model was at 519.99$ + tx. I decided to go to a FS to get it pricematched but the seller told me that they couldn't price match it because FS is already paying the taxes on it, and it would end up being the same thing. BS I told her. I decided to call FS customer service and got them to PM it. And they did :)

521.84 + tx = 599.99 (FS own promotion of paying the tx)
521.84 - 88 $ = 433.84$ (110% PM)
433.84 +GST/QST = 498.81$
9 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1050 posts
130 upvotes
Coquitlam
anhtuanngo wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 7:39 pm
Hey guys,

I then went to Corb**l electro and found the same model was at 519.99$ + tx. I decided to go to a FS to get it pricematched but the seller told me that they couldn't price match it because FS is already paying the taxes on it, and it would end up being the same thing. BS I told her. I decided to call FS customer service and got them to PM it. And they did :)

Lots of threads about this one, and it comes up once every couple/few week.
Jan 8, 2004
677 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
As an FYI guys, I bought this dishwasher from the Brick.

RE "A self-latching door stays put and latches on its own"... we have had serious problems with the door staying closed. Previous models needed a "patch" to get it to stay closed. We had two loads work, then boom it would not stay close. Called because we had 5 year warranty. New latch did not fix it. Bosch would not replace...even in the first month and now having to escalate it through the Brick. So basically a nice dead dishwasher sitting here while I try to find the time to go through the process.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10200 posts
1008 upvotes
Brampton
anhtuanngo wrote:
Hey guys,

Not valid in GTA since there are no Corbeil stores but def. a great deal.
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
Jun 15, 2012
8347 posts
2972 upvotes
Southern Ontario
10% of the difference is $8.80

Shouldn't the price be ~$513+tx?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10200 posts
1008 upvotes
Brampton
AncasterRFD wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2013 10:33 pm
10% of the difference is $8.80

Shouldn't the price be ~$513+tx?
That's right, FS only pm's 10% off the difference. But then the cost would be almost identical since FS's cost is $531 plus tax so 10% off difference is almost nothing from $519 ($1.20 off) :lol: Sounds like OP got a great deal if that's what he paid!
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
85 posts
9 upvotes
RE "A self-latching door stays put and latches on its own"... we have had serious problems with the door staying closed. Previous models needed a "patch" to get it to stay closed. We had two loads work, then boom it would not stay close. Called because we had 5 year warranty. New latch did not fix it. Bosch would not replace...even in the first month and now having to escalate it through the Brick. So basically a nice dead dishwasher sitting here while I try to find the time to go through the process.[/QUOTE]

We had the same problem. After 4 or 5 service calls it seems to be fixed - they needed to install extra braces to stop the machine from vibrating and also another metal bar piece which they are putting on the next generation model to fix the issue. Apparently this is a well known issue - the machine has too many plastic parts combined with a very small/weak magnet latch that makes it prone to any vibration which you obviously get a lot of in a dishwasher. Surprising for a "Bosch". On the plus side when it does work it does a nice job as I was also worried about reports of weak water pressure (which we have in an old Toronto home) potentially not propelling the wash arms fast enough but that doesn't seem to be a problem on our machine. I paid less than $500 on sale for this unit (with front controls) vs. well over $1,200 for our last Bosch many years ago but it is still very disappointing if it doesn't work.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2003
4473 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
anhtuanngo wrote:
You got lucky. I got a PM recalled for trying a PM + pay the taxes promotion.
[OP]
Jan 2, 2011
6 posts
I am buying this dishwasher because we are moving to a new house, but I currently have the bosch Ascenta, the older model though with the button in the front. I've had it for a year, and so far so good, no issues with it.
× < >