Home & Garden

FS is dead. Where to look for Samsung Washer & Dryer?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2015 12:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
boyohboy wrote: Nice read about that sales too but missed it! So how much was the total with that 25% sales?

I bought my stove/fridge from HD and they charged $20 to take away the old ones. I didn't pay the $20, posted on kijiji for cheap and got $180 instead of paying $20.
That pair was retailed at $1629 and they had the taxes in deal so this was with taxes. The 25% turned out to be $1,222 before tax + $58 for delivery. This is probably the lowest I have seen it for this set, I just lucked out.

I checked on CL and other people were selling a pair old laundry machines for $75-$100. Don't want to mess with showing the units and hauling them around so paid $60 to haul BB haul them away.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought all my apiances from Home Depot. They price matched the cheapest price which was appliance Canada, and then beat it by 10%. Service was top notch.

Sears...there's a reason why they are doing terrible in Canada. I did place an order and nothing but headaches. Hard to cancel order

Home Depot is the best. The price I got my appliances for was even cheaper than those Asian places where you have to pay cash. Plus HD is a huge company and back their products.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
foodyforlife wrote: I bought all my apiances from Home Depot. They price matched the cheapest price which was appliance Canada, and then beat it by 10%. Service was top notch.

Sears...there's a reason why they are doing terrible in Canada. I did place an order and nothing but headaches. Hard to cancel order

Home Depot is the best. The price I got my appliances for was even cheaper than those Asian places where you have to pay cash. Plus HD is a huge company and back their products.
I called HD and the lady was nice. She said they could match (or beat) any retailer prices as long as they were local. She then told me to check Lowes. Prices were ok, but Lowes was out of stock. This BB deal for $1222 is the best I have seen this set of Samsung so I am happy. Apparently, the $60 delivery fee also includes install as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
Alrighty. BB (rd party delivery company) arrived at the scheduled time, took away the old washer and dryer $30 each + taxes, installed the new units and even provided a dryer venting duct. I can return the one I bought from HD. Delivery + setup (including dryer vent duct) was $59 + taxes. This Samsung pair is fantastic. Although it's odd to see HE washers use so little water to clean clothes! Too bad no rebate from BC Hydro until May 1!
Jan 3, 2013
719 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
One thing to mention when committed to buying Samsung washers and dryers you'll want to consider Sears Kenmore. That usually have two or three models made by Samsung. Two years warranty included instead of standard one year.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
zeon64 wrote: One thing to mention when committed to buying Samsung washers and dryers you'll want to consider Sears Kenmore. That usually have two or three models made by Samsung. Two years warranty included instead of standard one year.
Sears has some pretty good products in general. Last 5-10 years, I have tried to steer clear of Kenmore, Maytag, Whirlpool etc... I think they are made by the same manufacturer no?
Jan 3, 2013
719 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
bowmah wrote: Sears has some pretty good products in general. Last 5-10 years, I have tried to steer clear of Kenmore, Maytag, Whirlpool etc... I think they are made by the same manufacturer no?
Some are made by Electrolux, lg, maytag, Samsung, etc. You have to check the model and serial number. For example 253.x is Samsung.

http://www.appliance411.ca/purchase/sears.shtml

My Kenmore front load appliances are made by Samsung and even play the same musical tune when finishing a load and look exactly the same as the Samsung version. Only difference is a Kenmore label but still has Samsung manufacturing information.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
Wow, I am still surprised at how little water the new front load washers use for washing! I guess agitation does a much better job than water as far as getting clean clothes. Nice. And the new dryer takes half the time of the old one, this is the biggest savings of all.