Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 22, 2006
260 posts
15 upvotes
Whitby

FS - Dyson DC29 $298.98 - Save $201

Before bundling up to head to Target I figured I'd check to see if I could get it elsewhere. FS now has it for the same price less all the hassle. 78 remaining.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 4e17d1en02

My first post please excuse any errors.
19 replies
May 18, 2005
548 posts
66 upvotes
Thanks! In for one.

Was at target for this and they were all gone.
Dec 25, 2002
646 posts
206 upvotes
Thanks! I live about an hour away from the nearest Target and decided not to head out at all today. Just got a Dyson in the comfort of my living room :)
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
2262 posts
300 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP and thanked.
Target is only 5 mins from my house. I went there just 10 mins prior to opening but it was a madhouse. Got in to see just for the fun hoping to see if any Dysons would remain but no. Some older Asians (Chinease) brought entire families & had several in each cart. I thought the limit was one and they were told by the staff but they refused to put the extra ones back on the floor. Target had plenty stock but because of a few, several people had to return empty handed.
Now I don't feel bad anymore. This was the only item I wanted to buy this BD.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2006
1225 posts
63 upvotes
K-W
FS website says error when clicking on your link unfortunately.
Jan 13, 2004
837 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It was working an hour ago but the link now gives errors. Futureshop's website is having some problems.
My Rig

Intel Corei7 920
3 x 2GB DDR3-1600 OCZ XTC Platinum Edition
2x Radeon HD3870 in Crossfire
Asus P6T
Samsung 244T/Sharp Aquos 42 inch LCDTV/Viewsonic VX2025M
May 18, 2005
548 posts
66 upvotes
Try paypal. I got error from FS checkout as well and PP went though.

Hopefully getting it and this is really what I want this BD as well.
Aug 11, 2012
110 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Canadian Tire has Dyson DC29 for $399.

BUT!!... CT price matches AND gives 10% back in CT$ for price match.

So while everyone is rushing Target for it, go to CT with copy of ad or show it on your phone.

$299
$29.90 in CT $
And you get $15 gift card when you spend over $75 this week.

So that's a Dyson for $255!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
2262 posts
300 upvotes
Edmonton
Nk12345 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2013 9:33 am
Canadian Tire has Dyson DC29 for $399.

BUT!!... CT price matches AND gives 10% back in CT$ for price match.

So while everyone is rushing Target for it, go to CT with copy of ad or show it on your phone.

$299
$29.90 in CT $
And you get $15 gift card when you spend over $75 this week.

So that's a Dyson for $255!
As I mentioned in your original thread, this is YMMV as not every CT store will PM. They will take advantage of CT vague PM policy.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1593 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
My wife has wanted a Dyson for some time, so I pulled the trigger. I tried MANY times over the last hour or so. The website is tanking on multiple levels. It would never let me check out through the "standard" method, used PayPal and it went through.

There were 9 left (hopefully) when I ordered.
Sep 5, 2006
93 posts
28 upvotes
I had no issues PMing at Sears. They gave me no hassle at all. They had no in-store stock so I am picking up the order next week once stock comes in. For those who don't get the Canadian Tire PM deal, this is your next best bet.
Feb 7, 2004
462 posts
118 upvotes
Haldimand
Picked this up on the 23rd for $379 that came with a total clean kit for free. Think they'll give me a credit for the difference?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3385 posts
1414 upvotes
Ontario
I was able to price match at Walmart from FS's ad this morning. I was going to price match with Target, but matching with FS was easier since there is a FS in the city. I was waiting for her to retrieve one from the back when I saw the thread for FutureShop. Instead of trying to do a price match (which always seems a chore) I was going to just buy one on the FS website. It was kacked, so I couldn't buy one. Got the price match at Walmart anyway.

Future Shop seems to year after a year have issues with their website. Yes, I'm sure it's busy but websites can handle the volume if they are scaled correctly. Amazon never seems to have issues, and they certainly get more traffic than Future Shop. I'm not sure that Future Shop is worried about losing out on selling to me, but I'm likely not the only lost sale because of a poor website.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!