Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2004
1062 posts
1 upvote

FS Fraud Delays?!

So they couldn't process my order because they needed me to call from the billing phone number to verify that a fraudulent CC wasn't being used, thus resulting in my order being 2 days delayed!!!! Has this happend to anyone else or is it just my bad luck this holiday!?
12 replies
Aug 18, 2005
453 posts
10 upvotes
Stittsville
Of course... if it WAS your card, and not you, you'd want them to verify... wouldn't you?

You probably used your work number or cell number, since they ask for a number they can reach you at. What they want is the number registered to the card.
Nov 25, 2002
181 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
They verified my account last year so this year it went smoothly. You'll shouldn't get a call at all next year.
Jan 19, 2003
333 posts
1 upvote
If you used different 'bill to' and 'ship to' addresses, they WILL call to confirm.

If you provide a different phone number than that on record with the credit card company, the WILL call to confirm.

If you haven't used that card with them on-line before, there's a good chance they will call to confirm.

And, I believe they also do random checks as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4595 posts
1732 upvotes
Markham
This isn't worth bitchin over, especially two days. I'd be glad they have such security measures in place otherwise if you card got stolen, purchases would have been made before you even found out.
Sep 23, 2005
187 posts
4 upvotes
i got the message too, except for me it's delayed 4 days. only a 30 dollar purchase too! ooh well.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2164 posts
868 upvotes
SW Ontario
I got that too, from Best Buy. And I was glad - it was a $900 purchase of an item I had already bought for $1000 at FS. The delay gave me a chance to check out the PM possibilities at FS (got $110 back), then I was able to cancel the BB order, saving me the trouble of lugging the large box to THEM for a refund.
Feb 9, 2005
311 posts
elmokiddo wrote:So they couldn't process my order because they needed me to call from the billing phone number to verify that a fraudulent CC wasn't being used, thus resulting in my order being 2 days delayed!!!! Has this happend to anyone else or is it just my bad luck this holiday!?
This has happened to me also, I guess they were doing it randomly or something. Its actually a good thing since I don't want others to use my cc # to pay for their stuff.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
1343 posts
6 upvotes
Burlington
Citibank declined authorizations to Futureshop on my orders because of the rapid succession of orders. I got an email message from FShop saying "declined, but we'll try again daily for seven days". Kudos to FShop for not just cancelling the orders on authorization failure. Called Citibank and confirmed to them that orders were legit.

Similar thing happened in November when I had bought 12 different items in a week at FShop. The cashier had to call them and they asked him to verify my identity.

The retailer and banks are on the hook for fraudulent charges ... it's their right to be cautious.
There are two types of people in the world,
those who search for hidden messages, and those who don't.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2004
1062 posts
1 upvote
Yeah, i like how they are actually doing checks, but I was just annoyed because the shipto and billto address were the same, the phone numbers used were all the same as on record, everything was identical so if somehow had stole my card they would have been shipping their purchases to me :| , and it was just a $20 purchase, not even my first purchase from FS, i mean, no red flags should have been raised, ah well, no biggie! :) Till next year!
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10169 posts
1115 upvotes
Brampton
ah shoot, my billing address matches with cc and phone # is same, but my phone it out as bell is trying to fix ours after they messed it all up when they installed dsl. my dsl doesnt work either! i hope they ship my order out still.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 59-0-0 and counting.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12633 posts
845 upvotes
bb has done this to me 3 times all for my higher priced orders
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.