Expired Hot Deals

[Future Shop] FS - Frigidaire Gallery 20.5 Cu. Ft. Upright Freezer (GLFH21F8HW) White ($595, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2013 9:25 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 9, 2007
216 posts
10 upvotes
Ontario

[Future Shop] FS - Frigidaire Gallery 20.5 Cu. Ft. Upright Freezer (GLFH21F8HW) White ($595, YMMV)

Just bought this today

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 181f61en02

This is the Frigidaire gallery brand upright freezer which normally is $900, but is on sale for $699 but in store they have a promo 15% off all Frigidaire appliances making this $595 plus tax.

Also I don't know if other cities have this but here local High Schools sell BOGO coupon booklets which has a sticker for an additional 10% off up to $50. So I bought this freezer for $615 all taxes in.
35 replies
Nov 23, 2012
3 posts
KLEINBURG
B Prime wrote:
Nov 24th, 2012 5:25 pm
Just bought this today

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 181f61en02

This is the Frigidaire gallery brand upright freezer which normally is $900, but is on sale for $699 but in store they have a promo 15% off all Frigidaire appliances making this $595 plus tax.

Also I don't know if other cities have this but here local High Schools sell BOGO coupon booklets which has a sticker for an additional 10% off up to $50. So I bought this freezer for $615 all taxes in.
Can you tell me the location of the store? I found the $699 price online, but there is no mention of the 15% reduction.

I purchased the same model from Leon's for $699 yesterday; they have a 60 Day PM guarantee but am not sure how I could verify the 15% in store promo.

Any ideas.
[OP]
Jan 9, 2007
216 posts
10 upvotes
Ontario
The store was in Thunder Bay, they had signs posted in the appliance section for 15% of all Frigidaire appliances. I assume they had the sale at all Future Shops.
Aug 6, 2010
1 posts
Etobicoke
I called the Oakville store, but there is no 15% off... did anyone find this promo in GTA? Thanks!
Sep 30, 2010
9 posts
1 upvote
Thanks B Prime, I just went and got it for 684 tax in. FS has a 15% off on Frigidaire freezes. excellant post!
Jan 10, 2007
522 posts
129 upvotes
Montreal
Will Sears pricematch and give 10% off?
mmysam wrote:
Nov 25th, 2012 10:30 pm
Thanks B Prime, I just went and got it for 684 tax in. FS has a 15% off on Frigidaire freezes. excellant post!
Jun 4, 2008
9 posts
anyone else have luck with the extra 15%? Called in Saskatoon, but the guy had no idea about an extra 15% Said he would match the extra 15% just come down. lol Will see how this goes.
Dec 2, 2010
117 posts
99 upvotes
I might have missed this but anyone else have luck with the 15%?

Looks like a great freezer and I'd love to pick one up. Worst case I guess I might go over to Sears and get the 10% price difference. Would take the freezer to $684.

http://www.sears.ca/product/frigidaire- ... GLFH21F8HW

This model is rated as the top upright on toptenreviews.com (for what that's worth). Seems like a comprehensive review anyways...
Apr 12, 2011
25 posts
5 upvotes
Hello all,
I know this is an old thread but I was in the market for a new freezer and this is the one that I was looking for so until January 3rd, two places have it for 699 (Futureshop and Leons), but the good part about Leons until January 3rd is that they have free shipping to most places, whereas futureshop charges a minimum of $55... As well sears has it posted at 849, so if you do have or get sears card they can pm + 10% off the difference. I haven't spoke with Sears in terms of giving free shipping but I'm suspecting that if you call them or go to the store they may be able to do something... I went with the convenience of free shipping from Leons, but I'm sure the potential to save a few more dollar is there through Sears. FYI, FS won't give you free shipping though through phone (maybe you can get lucky in store)... the only bad news is that FS had this for 679 until Dec 27th but that's expired

GOOD LUCK, it seems this freezer got very good reviews
Dec 1, 2012
12 posts
Just ordered one myself, good headsup. Free shipping and easy online ordering, not bad Leons!
Apr 12, 2011
25 posts
5 upvotes
simtrabikes wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 4:17 pm
Just ordered one myself, good headsup. Free shipping and easy online ordering, not bad Leons!

nice... mine gets delivered thursday, trying to make room in the basement for it... annoying that the door only opens one way!
Dec 2, 2010
117 posts
99 upvotes
I did buy one of these at the end of November... just so you know. Futureshop actually had it for taxes in at $699 that weekend. I had bought it from Sears the day before... but they price matched. (Still waiting for that to show up on my sears card though...)

We really love the freezer. It has tons of space, good lighting, and we like the controls on the outside with temperature display. Good peace of mind.

My parents bought one at the same time and they're happy with it as well! I'd recommend it...
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26844 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
How much does a lay-down comparable sized freezer cost?

And why would you take an upright over a lay-down?

From an energy perspective alone, the trunk style is better because when you open it, you don't lose ALL the cold air instantly.
From a retail-space perspective, you need the same amound of space for both (when you factor in the swing-out space needed for the door opening).

Just curious., but I seem to recall even large lay-down freezers being quite a bit cheaper than this, so just wondering what the attraction is.
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8535 posts
873 upvotes
Vancouver
bubble.tea wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 4:09 am
How much does a lay-down comparable sized freezer cost?

And why would you take an upright over a lay-down?

From an energy perspective alone, the trunk style is better because when you open it, you don't lose ALL the cold air instantly.
From a retail-space perspective, you need the same amound of space for both (when you factor in the swing-out space needed for the door opening).

Just curious., but I seem to recall even large lay-down freezers being quite a bit cheaper than this, so just wondering what the attraction is.
Easier access? Stuff doesn't get buried under other stuff? That's my only complaint about my chest freezer.

Sears has this one on sale right now as well ($400 although only 14 cu ft vs 20.5): http://www.sears.ca/product/kenmore-md- ... 2264-28432

I'm tempted to upgrade my 3.6 cu ft chest freezer to this $400 from Sears. 4 times the size. Oh what I could do with that space...
General Radek had some good ideas.
× < >