Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 29, 2009
165 posts
52 upvotes
Edmonton

Is FS getting rid of PM?

In this week's flyer, it says on the bottom left of the first page "Guaranteed lowest price until Jan.3rd" Does this mean after Jan 3rd, we won't be able to PM at FS?
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3270 posts
471 upvotes
Hamilton
i doubt it, but for they might as well end it
Jan 13, 2008
136 posts
4 upvotes
No it means if prices go down between now and Jan 3, you will get the difference back....
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5518 posts
126 upvotes
Scarborough
nah, they'd be crazy to do that. :D
Core i5 6500 SL|GB Z170-UD3|2x8Gb DDR4-3000|eVGA GF GTX 1070 8GB SC|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|WD 256GB SSD|Hitachi 500GB|SG 500GB|SS 1TB|SoundBlaster Z|Logitech Z-5500|Dell 3007WFP-HC|Logitech G500|Logitech G510
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7392 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
It's an extended price protection.
Which is odd considering it protects you during Boxing Day when they never price protect...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9420 posts
536 upvotes
Markham
Firestorm wrote:
Nov 7th, 2009 4:08 pm
Which is odd considering it protects you during Boxing Day when they never price protect...
I've kind of wondered that too.
:lol:
Jan 20, 2009
448 posts
29 upvotes
have they put up conditions on the number of times you can do PM. say you see a lower price and get the difference, next week you see an even lower price, will they come up with "can be availed one time only" excuse?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
855 upvotes
Its xmas PM policy that they (and most stores) seem to promote every year. Thats also why they don't do any PM during boxing day and the few days around it. ;)
Jan 25, 2007
220 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa
This is for you current FS employees.

I used to work for FS back like 3 years ago. Just before Christmas every year Price Matching got super easy because we did not need to get a manager's password.

Question. is this still going on? and has it begun yet this year?
Jan 10, 2007
22 posts
It is obvious reason you can't price match certain boxing day/ door crashing deals, because it would not be fair for the customers who have lined up for 6 hours in the cold all night long.

The price protection/ return exchange policy extension to January 3 is meant to allow customers to do early Christmas shopping and have a price guarantee. It has been performed every year.
Aug 21, 2009
988 posts
176 upvotes
Firestorm wrote:
Nov 7th, 2009 4:08 pm
26th and 27th December are excluded, it'll state that on the receipt.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2006
1731 posts
105 upvotes
ah ling wrote:
Nov 8th, 2009 5:54 pm
It is obvious reason you can't price match certain boxing day/ door crashing deals, because it would not be fair for the customers who have lined up for 6 hours in the cold all night long.

The price protection/ return exchange policy extension to January 3 is meant to allow customers to do early Christmas shopping and have a price guarantee. It has been performed every year.
I don't think the no price match for boxing day sales has anything to do with being fair to those who line up. It has to do with not having to match selling items for those crazy low prices.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
855 upvotes
Arcturus wrote:
Nov 8th, 2009 11:26 am
This is for you current FS employees.

I used to work for FS back like 3 years ago. Just before Christmas every year Price Matching got super easy because we did not need to get a manager's password.

Question. is this still going on? and has it begun yet this year?
Not sure about FS but i suspect there system is same as BB. BB price match does not require anything. The Cashier can manually enter whatever amount they want and don't need an overwrite (at least on most minor items, not sure about stuff like TV as i never go there to get that... at least until this xmas).
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3503 posts
186 upvotes
They might as well get rid of it because it seems that whenever you find a good deal to price match they'll treat you like **** and do whatever possible to not honour it, especially the downtown Toronto one.

This was me trying to get a pricematch at that awful place:

Him: Hi, how can I help you?
Me: Hi, I'd like to pricematch that netbook with Dell
Him: Find someone else. *walks away*

Guy 2: Yeah?
Me: Hi, I'd like to pricematch this netbook.
Guy 2: Yeah, sure. Let me check the back. *leaves, 15 minutes later I see him talking to another customer*
Me: Sooooo can I get the netbook?
Guy 2: Sorry, I found another customer (?!).

Guy 3: Hi
Me: Hi, I'd like to get some help, because I'm wasting my time here and constantly getting ignored....
Guy 3: Sure, I'm not the netbook guy so I'll get some help for you. *talks to guy 2, guy 2 points at me, then they both never return*

It took four people and ~25 minutes to finally find someone there who wasn't a complete and total ******* (and customer service had a huge lineup).