• Dec 21st, 2011 6:11 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 20, 2008
48 posts
7 upvotes

FS Online Flyer VS In Store Flyer

Just curious about something. I get the online flyer deals for FS. Start at 8 PM on Dec. 24. I see there is a different flyer for in store. Does that mean all deals in that in- store flyer has to be bought in the store, or once the store opens, they open up the same deals online? Would rather shop online, obviously.

Thanks for some info, newbie Boxing day shopper.!
7 replies
Dec 26, 2006
447 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary
No.

In store flyer items are on sale online as well.
Dec 19, 2010
524 posts
108 upvotes
NYR wrote:
Dec 21st, 2011 11:40 am
No.

In store flyer items are on sale online as well.

Not true. While some store flyer items may be available online, some are truly in-store only; else, why would anyone bother lining outside a store at 5am in the cold?!
Jan 27, 2009
213 posts
34 upvotes
callmebob wrote:
Dec 21st, 2011 1:36 pm
Not true. While some store flyer items may be available online, some are truly in-store only; else, why would anyone bother lining outside a store at 5am in the cold?!

Why would anyone bother to do that anyways? :lol:
I'm here.
Dec 26, 2006
447 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary
callmebob wrote:
Dec 21st, 2011 1:36 pm
BS. Everything in the flyer, if available online, will be on sale as well, and has been forever, unless the flyer SPECIFICALLY states the item is in-store only with a stated quantity. I worked for Future Shop, and unless they changed specifically something for this year, you're wrong. Further, there are ZERO details stating any changes to old policies and procedures.

The front page of the main flyer even states the sale starts online on Dec. 24. Why would they advertise a list of items that may be on sale in-store only, and then list the details for the ONLINE sale prominently on the front page? Because you're wrong, and the items in the REGULAR flyer ARE available online, unless SPECIFIALLY referenced as an IN-STORE deal only, which almost NONE of these items are. The Online Only Flyer is just that - deals that are online only.

As for your question - you can ask that to any person that lines up year after year, even though you can get this stuff online. Usually, they are afraid to use the internet, don't know you can buy them online, don't want to wait for shipping, or missed out on the deal online. THAT is why you go in-store.

You are wrong, and I defy you to prove me otherwise.
Deal Expert
Dec 14, 2005
18179 posts
344 upvotes
Richmond
:arrow:

Moved from "Boxing Day Deals" to "Boxing Day Discussion."