Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Future Shop] Paderno 11-Piece Muskoka Set - Stainless Steel*169.99 (reg: 699.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2014 12:24 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 28, 2010
91 posts
49 upvotes

[Future Shop] Paderno 11-Piece Muskoka Set - Stainless Steel*169.99 (reg: 699.99)

Deal Link:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 54998.aspx

The Paderno Muskoka Set features solid stainless steel construction with durable impact-bonded bases. The rolled edges create a contemporary look and makes it easier to pour from the pans. And the riveted handles are durable and easy to hold. Backed by Paderno's 25 year warranty.

More Information

18/10 stainless steel construction with impact-bonded baseDurable riveted handlesContemporary design with rolled edgeErgonomic handlesPrecision-fitting lidsCompatible with all cooktop types including induction rangesIncludes 1.5L, 2L and 4L saucepans, 3L casserole, 5L Dutch oven, 24cm fry pan, and 5 covers
26 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
where is this set made in? and what's the true price on this set?
Place Your Ad Here
Feb 28, 2010
91 posts
49 upvotes
Made in China? ??
Probably can be price matched with bestbuy? ?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
monster11 wrote: Made in China? ??
Probably can be price matched with bestbuy? ?
yep, for an extra 50 bucks off. I saw that, just didn't want to post it lol nothing to get excited over. the company might not even exist in 25 years
Place Your Ad Here
Feb 28, 2010
91 posts
49 upvotes
If bestbuy can price match...The set will cost only 116.99+tax. So 12$ per piece. Not bad in my opinion :)
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6664 upvotes
Not too bad of a price.Now are they worth the 116 price matched at BB(Good Luck)
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3162 posts
2257 upvotes
Barrie
RatePlans wrote: yep, for an extra 50 bucks off. I saw that, just didn't want to post it lol nothing to get excited over. the company might not even exist in 25 years
It will be a YMMV for a BB price match as Future Shop has this listed as "Limited Quantities Available" and that is what BB uses to deny a price match.
Feb 28, 2010
91 posts
49 upvotes
I just called BB and they said NO. :) blazed16 is right..limited quantity
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1002 posts
251 upvotes
Ottawa
Since they are all stainless steel, they will be okay at best. If you want a good set, getting one that is clad or all-clad is worth it. All-clad is the best, but clad is better than just stainless steel.

The aluminum disk in the bottom of the clad ones helps conduct heat better. All-clad simply means that there is a layer of aluminum between the stainless steel that goes all the way up to the rim of the pan.

Most people will be fine with these sets at Futureshop since the price for the clad and all-clad stuff can jump significantly. People who really like cooking and make it a hobby or take it seriously would be better off with something better.
Nov 27, 2011
83 posts
27 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I don't know about this set, but I really like the Paderno products in general. The quality is good and it doesn't feel cheap.
Jul 13, 2007
164 posts
73 upvotes
Paderno is much better quality than a lot of the mass market stuff out there, perhaps not as good as All Clad but at a fraction of the price. As far as I know, all made in Canada too.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
monster11 wrote: I just called BB and they said NO. :) blazed16 is right..limited quantity

I just got my order pm. Had to call 3 timea to get a different agent
Place Your Ad Here
May 22, 2007
59 posts
29 upvotes
in my personal opinion I am never going back to disc bottom wall cookware ever again. They tend not to provide even cooking services and things tend to burn way more easily. We do have only ONE all Clad pot which is amazing and makes it almost impossible to burn anything unless it is left unattended at high temperatures for a long period of time. Now All-Clad is out of my budget but I did find the KA Clad on sale at Canadian Tire for $199 and purchased it over 6 years ago and I have NEVER looked back. Its on sale pretty frequently for $199. I really recommend that if you are in the market for a good set for around $200 an Clad set is a much better option and can be had for almost the same price. http://reviews.canadiantire.ca/9045/142 ... eviews.htm
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1002 posts
251 upvotes
Ottawa
vibinvo wrote: in my personal opinion I am never going back to disc bottom wall cookware ever again. They tend not to provide even cooking services and things tend to burn way more easily. We do have only ONE all Clad pot which is amazing and makes it almost impossible to burn anything unless it is left unattended at high temperatures for a long period of time. Now All-Clad is out of my budget but I did find the KA Clad on sale at Canadian Tire for $199 and purchased it over 6 years ago and I have NEVER looked back. Its on sale pretty frequently for $199. I really recommend that if you are in the market for a good set for around $200 an Clad set is a much better option and can be had for almost the same price. http://reviews.canadiantire.ca/9045/142 ... eviews.htm
Is that the set you got? They call it clad, but then in the description it talks about it like it is clad up the sides as well (all-clad). I don't even know what we have at home. We got our set before we knew anything about cookware and cladness.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2008
1011 posts
104 upvotes
Slash5 wrote: https://paderno.com/about-us/
Been in PEI since 1979
Paderno has put their name on chinese manufactured products for a while now. I have a set made in PEI and I love it, but I would never buy a set made in china. Check the box.
300 outgoing - Unlimited incoming - 6PM evenings - VP - 6GB - 1,000 LD = 42.50 + GRRF + tx
May 22, 2007
59 posts
29 upvotes
eday_2010 wrote: Is that the set you got? They call it clad, but then in the description it talks about it like it is clad up the sides as well (all-clad). I don't even know what we have at home. We got our set before we knew anything about cookware and cladness.
The Canadian Tire set is the one we got and we love it.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11298 posts
3836 upvotes
Nowhere
eday_2010 wrote: Is that the set you got? They call it clad, but then in the description it talks about it like it is clad up the sides as well (all-clad). I don't even know what we have at home. We got our set before we knew anything about cookware and cladness.
When you see clad, it means it is all the way up the side. You will also see it as multi-ply, tri-ply or 5 ply. When it only the bottom, you will see the base mentioned as tri-ply base or encapsulated base or sometimes you may see clad base. All-Clad is a brand name so you won't see it referred to as all clad.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1002 posts
251 upvotes
Ottawa
Cheap Cat wrote: When you see clad, it means it is all the way up the side. You will also see it as multi-ply, tri-ply or 5 ply. When it only the bottom, you will see the base mentioned as tri-ply base or encapsulated base or sometimes you may see clad base. All-Clad is a brand name so you won't see it referred to as all clad.
You learn something new every day. Thanks :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)