Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

FS: Panasonic 2-Handset DECT 6.0, Caller ID $80

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2010 12:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON

[Future Shop] FS: Panasonic 2-Handset DECT 6.0, Caller ID $80

This weeks flyer, Apr 2~8.

[IMG]http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product- ... 448dd0en13[/IMG]

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 448dd0en02

I just bought the basic DECT 4 handset last week but would like a couple of extra handsets. Can this set be registered to my existing set if I leave the base unit of this 2-handset phone line disconnected?
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
this have that talking caller id thing everyone talks about?
Jun 1, 2006
44 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton
Staples has it for $130.00. You can price match
Jan 16, 2007
430 posts
224 upvotes
dreaderus wrote: this have that talking caller id thing everyone talks about?
Yes it does. I bought the 3 handset bundle a while back. I replaced the 2 AA rechargeable batteries with eneloops and the phones have been great with the duration between charges. The best I have ever seen. The talking caller ID is pretty cool when your doing something and don`t want to grab the phone to see who it is. Also set up the special ring tone for certain callers. Great phone in my opinion. Never again buy a GE or VTech. They are garbage compared to these phones.
Nov 20, 2005
438 posts
3 upvotes
On Zeller's flyer of week it has Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless 2 handsets with answering system for $59.99, don't know the model

All Panasonic cordless phones support Caller ID as long as this feature is included in the phone service.

Since it can expand to 6 handsets, it's better to buy 2 packages of dual-handsets (eg. $60 x2) instead of 1 package of 4-handsets (eg. $120), because you have 2 controllers, am I right?
Dec 11, 2008
944 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
jackie999 wrote: This weeks flyer, Apr 2~8.

[IMG]http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product- ... 448dd0en13[/IMG]

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 448dd0en02

I just bought the basic DECT 4 handset last week but would like a couple of extra handsets. Can this set be registered to my existing set if I leave the base unit of this 2-handset phone line disconnected?
Yes. I have 2 - 3 phone sets of the 7433 model registered to one base. The other base has the answering machine turned off and is just a charger. I had a similar setup with a prior Panasonic model.
Dec 11, 2008
944 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
cccccory wrote: Yes it does. I bought the 3 handset bundle a while back. I replaced the 2 AA rechargeable batteries with eneloops and the phones have been great with the duration between charges. The best I have ever seen. The talking caller ID is pretty cool when your doing something and don`t want to grab the phone to see who it is. Also set up the special ring tone for certain callers. Great phone in my opinion. Never again buy a GE or VTech. They are garbage compared to these phones.
It comes with rechargeable NiMH batteries. Why change them? Is there any possibility of incompatibility with the base charger?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
The model at zellers for 59.99 is KX-tg6432c. That price was for the sale yesterday, for the rest of the week i believe it is 64.99
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
dreaderus wrote: this have that talking caller id thing everyone talks about?
No, I checked the panasonic.com site and it does not have that feature.

To answer my own question, yes, you can buy this and add/register it to another working set. I will just NOT hook up the phone line to this base, answer is already turned off on my setup...my new voip.ms takes care of that...

I had bought the basic (no backlight) 4-handset deal a few weeks back (KX-TG6424C) for $99. I wanted a couple of 'nicer' handsets for where they are more visible and these ones are pretty spiffy looking. I had priced out the individual handset at panasonic.ca ($59) or TSCC ($69) so this FS sale is a deal at 2 for $79 and you get a spare base :)
I've ordered mine and will pick up in store tomorrow..happy Easter RFD'ers!
Jul 25, 2009
8 posts
toronto
RFD_Paul wrote: It comes with rechargeable NiMH batteries. Why change them? Is there any possibility of incompatibility with the base charger?
In my case, only one of four handsets was able to hold a charge. It was incredibly frustrating to come home, take a handset out of the charging cradle to check messages, and get a "no link to base" error.

Swapped the stock batteries with Eneloops, and I've been very happy with the results.