Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

FS: PlayStation Vita with Uncharted and Mod Nation Racers $249.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2012 3:13 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 4, 2010
558 posts
154 upvotes

[Future Shop] FS: PlayStation Vita with Uncharted and Mod Nation Racers $249.99

FS: PlayStation Vita with Uncharted and Mod Nation Racers $249.99 in store

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 7def28en02
Amiibo Club Canada Facebook Page
The place for Canadians to Buy, Sell, Trade, Share and discuss anything and everything amiibo related.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4982 posts
580 upvotes
BC
tempted to get one.. but seems like there is better deal coming out every week. :D
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
I'll wait until it's ~$89 again... too bad I missed out on that.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1651 posts
1187 upvotes
Canada
But it was never actually $89. That was a combination of coupons from buying a game from last month, getting a discount from doing quizzes and challenges, and ripping Futureshop off a gift card.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2008
2374 posts
668 upvotes
fujiapplelover wrote: But it was never actually $89. That was a combination of coupons from buying a game from last month, getting a discount from doing quizzes and challenges, and ripping Futureshop off a gift card.
Yep, it seems like those people who did this will be dealt with anyway. They may be banned outright from future promotions.
Jonathan Toews, on the disappointment of not repeating in 2011: "Mostly I was glad that Vancouver didn't win."
Aug 24, 2011
566 posts
216 upvotes
trackercowe wrote: Yep, it seems like those people who did this will be dealt with anyway. They may be banned outright from future promotions.
but why ban a customer for purchasing a product? regardless if they found a loophole or not, i dont think it would be fair to ban anyone that took part in it. hell i wish i was able to get one for the $103 all in price. if it was anyone's fault its the employees of futureshop that ran the promo, cant blame a customer for taking advantage of a good deal.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2008
2374 posts
668 upvotes
azaelus wrote: but why ban a customer for purchasing a product? regardless if they found a loophole or not, i dont think it would be fair to ban anyone that took part in it. hell i wish i was able to get one for the $103 all in price. if it was anyone's fault its the employees of futureshop that ran the promo, cant blame a customer for taking advantage of a good deal.
Well it does say right in the terms that none of the coupons allow in-store pickups.

[IMG]http://puu.sh/Esdc[/IMG]

So whether or not it was just a "loophole" it is still obviously against the rules, and considering they violated the terms, some sort of punishment can not be deemed "unfair".

It's the 60 or so people who did this who ruin these type of things for everyone.
Jonathan Toews, on the disappointment of not repeating in 2011: "Mostly I was glad that Vancouver didn't win."
Sep 8, 2007
225 posts
38 upvotes
azaelus wrote: but why ban a customer for purchasing a product? regardless if they found a loophole or not, i dont think it would be fair to ban anyone that took part in it. hell i wish i was able to get one for the $103 all in price. if it was anyone's fault its the employees of futureshop that ran the promo, cant blame a customer for taking advantage of a good deal.
This is what I was thinking. I don't think FS will ban anyone unless a bunch of children are employed there. That being said, I wish I knew about the ISPU loop in time :lol:
Deal Addict
May 16, 2008
2374 posts
668 upvotes
misterzaku wrote: This is what I was thinking. I don't think FS will ban anyone unless a bunch of children are employed there. That being said, I wish I knew about the ISPU loop in time :lol:
Future Shop might not ban them, but the website is going to hand out some sort of punishment, they have already stated this on their forums.
Jan 18, 2008
466 posts
35 upvotes
trackercowe wrote: Future Shop might not ban them, but the website is going to hand out some sort of punishment, they have already stated this on their forums.
You have a link to that?
Nov 17, 2006
37 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
trackercowe wrote: Future Shop might not ban them, but the website is going to hand out some sort of punishment, they have already stated this on their forums.
I love the term, "punishment". Even if they ban everyone who abused the deal from the tsilon.ca website, I doubt those that are banned will care less. Most of them had no idea the site existed before it was mentioned on here.

I haven't seen a promotion handled this badly since the Zellers 50% off coupon fiasco.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
The worst 'punishment' they can dish out is probably closing the tsilon account of the customer, who can just open another.

I was able to get the $50 off online Vita + $50 giftcard, but I didn't use a tsilon coupon. Am I supposed to be punished too, because of their error?
Jan 18, 2008
466 posts
35 upvotes
appleb wrote: The worst 'punishment' they can dish out is probably closing the tsilon account of the customer, who can just open another.

I was able to get the $50 off online Vita + $50 giftcard, but I didn't use a tsilon coupon. Am I supposed to be punished too, because of their error?
the way i look at it it was a fs problem and not tsilon's fault
Jan 5, 2008
181 posts
56 upvotes
Brampton, ON
This "loophole" was not from the tsilon promo, it was due to mistakes with the system and/or employees. If the in-store employees knew about the online promo (as they should have) they would have NEVER given a gift card.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6251 upvotes
Poormond Hill
$249.99 with 2 games is still too nuch for a Vita. I rather pay $150 and spend the extra $100 on games of my choice.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Jun 20, 2012
59 posts
6 upvotes
THORNHILL
I think you're gonna say any price is too much for the Vita dood, lol.

Pretty sweet deal. If anything, I bet you can trade in the games for some good value or sell them yourself online.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6251 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Trade them in for how much? $25 in total?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Aug 24, 2011
566 posts
216 upvotes
Socko76 wrote: This "loophole" was not from the tsilon promo, it was due to mistakes with the system and/or employees. If the in-store employees knew about the online promo (as they should have) they would have NEVER given a gift card.
exactly! i dont recall who now, but there was someone that said that when he purchased the vita the cashier that was helping him was confused on how to handle the gift card which inevitably led to the buyer being given an "extra" gift card aside from the instant $50 that was already discounted from the purchase price. they can still spin this to their advantage though and besides, who here honestly thinks the vita would maintain its $249.99 pricepoint for long?