Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Future Shop] T-Fal Actifry Multi-Cooker FZ700250 $179.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2014 3:13 pm
Tags:
None
23 replies
Dec 28, 2011
71 posts
7 upvotes
St Thomas
Exocet77 wrote: FUtureshop.ca has the T-Fal Actifry Multi-Cooker (FZ700250) on sale for $179.99 reg $269

Pay with paypal for an extra 5% off.

http://m.futureshop.ca/defaultpage.aspx ... lang=en-CA
I am not sure if this is the same model. It is also on sale at Canadian Tire for $169.99 from Nov 27-30, while quantities last.

http://flyer.canadiantire.ca/Canadianti ... genumber=1
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10889 posts
5430 upvotes
Toronto
my problem with the Actifry is that it's loud, takes a long time to cook anything, and wastes a lot of electricity. energy costs are so expensive for me. it cooks fries so good tho.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4392 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
ManCaveGamer wrote: my problem with the Actifry is that it's loud, takes a long time to cook anything, and wastes a lot of electricity. energy costs are so expensive for me. it cooks fries so good tho.
Its a bit noisy & not quick. That said, I just put wings in there & walk away to do my own things. Come back with perfectly cooked wings in 30 mins. Yeah.
Oct 20, 2010
132 posts
33 upvotes
Walmart.ca has it for 168.88 I think. The website is currently unavailable due to high load.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5395 posts
6409 upvotes
My biggest concern on the Artifry is it doesn't automatically turn off even with the timer set. It just keeps running which I think this is very dangerous for such a high power device.

By the way, can anyone suggest the types of potatoes for making good fries?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1111 posts
1893 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
BB88 wrote: My biggest concern on the Artifry is it doesn't automatically turn off even with the timer set. It just keeps running which I think this is very dangerous for such a high power device.

We have the 2 in 1 (love it btw) and the cooking stops when the timer ends. The light stays on, but nothing else in terms of heat output. Perhaps yours is faulty because that does seem dangerous?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5395 posts
6409 upvotes
stony wrote: We have the 2 in 1 (love it btw) and the cooking stops when the timer ends. The light stays on, but nothing else in terms of heat output. Perhaps yours is faulty because that does seem dangerous?
This is what I found from their website:
http://tfalactifry.com/pages/faq
Does the machine have automatic shut off feature?
No. The machine has a countdown timer. At the end of the cooking you will hear a beep. Then you press the button to open the lid, which automatically turns off the machine.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12698 posts
15949 upvotes
Costco has it for $179.99 all the time.
Have a nice day!

Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
BB88 wrote: My biggest concern on the Artifry is it doesn't automatically turn off even with the timer set. It just keeps running which I think this is very dangerous for such a high power device.

Russet.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
ManCaveGamer wrote: my problem with the Actifry is that it's loud, takes a long time to cook anything, and wastes a lot of electricity. energy costs are so expensive for me. it cooks fries so good tho.
I'd reckon it uses an awful lot less electricity than your regular full sized oven would.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29462 posts
20372 upvotes
Does this thing really fry with such small amount of oil? If I throw a pound of fries in there, will they come out crispy? I have a regular t-fal deep fryer that takes 3 litres of oil. Even then, I find that the pot of oil is too small. When I throw in a pound of fries from the freezer, the cold just cools the oil right down and it takes about 5 minutes for the temperature to recover. So, now how is a spoon of oil going to "deep fry" the food?
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10889 posts
5430 upvotes
Toronto
^ it just works. crispy if you leave it in long. (1hr)
midget_man wrote: I'd reckon it uses an awful lot less electricity than your regular full sized oven would.
my beef is that it takes 1 hour to cook anything (yeah... im impatient), and my 2 in 1 really takes up so much space, no where to keep it. i also don't know what to cook with it besides fries.
Dec 20, 2005
677 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn't be surprised if you can get it cheaper at the T-fal warehouse.
Bought one a few years ago (older model) and the pricing was better there.

http://www.t-fal.ca/OutletStore.htm

:D PEPSI 2007: NHL 08 (Oct 31 10-11pm), Xbox 360 Arcade (Nov 3 4-5pm the last Xbox of the contest!)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
will888 wrote: Does this thing really fry with such small amount of oil? If I throw a pound of fries in there, will they come out crispy? I have a regular t-fal deep fryer that takes 3 litres of oil. Even then, I find that the pot of oil is too small. When I throw in a pound of fries from the freezer, the cold just cools the oil right down and it takes about 5 minutes for the temperature to recover. So, now how is a spoon of oil going to "deep fry" the food?
It really does work. It does not take an hour as the other poster said. 30-35 minutes and you are good. Maybe he was cutting them really really thick. Get one of those chipper things that slice fries to uniform thicknesses and you'll be amazed at how good they are. Better than deep fried in my opinion. You need to slice the potatos and soak them and rinse them a couple times to get the starch off. Then throw them down on a clean tea towel or whatever to dry them well, that is the key. They come out crispy and all you did was set it and forget it. And you can add spices as they cook, can't do that with a deep fryer. I cooked fries in my deep fryer a couple times and was amazed at how much oil those potatoes sucked up. Never did it again after seeing that. The actiify uses a fraction of that oil. And heart healthier oils like olive, ones that you would not usually fill your deep fryer with.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
ManCaveGamer wrote: ^ it just works. crispy if you leave it in long. (1hr)

my beef is that it takes 1 hour to cook anything (yeah... im impatient), and my 2 in 1 really takes up so much space, no where to keep it. i also don't know what to cook with it besides fries.
There are a ton of website with a bunch of different recipes. I admit, its main use is fries, but I do an awful lot more than that with it. Throw in a can of chickpeas and spices for crunchy healthy snacks. Throw chicken chunks dredged in flour and corn starch for nice crispy boneless chicken wing bites. Also, you can take the middle paddle out and use it a great convection oven for things that don't need stirring. With the paddle out, I cook fish in it, warm taco shells in it, cook garlic bread. All kinds of things. I don't even know where to start. In fact, I have two Actifrys in my kitchen.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
8237 posts
1413 upvotes
Montreal
I've had one for about 3 years now...

Great for 2 adults...

More than that I'd recommend Family Size...
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2009
1108 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto
As a single guy, I LOVE mine...I just throw all my dinner components in and set it for 20-30 min and come back and it's cooked. 22min for Pork Chops and bell peppers...turns out yummy! I use mine 2-3 times per week at least.
Jan 28, 2008
411 posts
178 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I bought my tfal actify 3months ago, and i use it mainly for chicken wings and potato fries.

However i found it less tasty compared to using normal oil fryer. It taste like baked not fried. Still i guess it's good 4 your health cuz it's using less oil.

Conclusion, it tastes worse than your normal oil fryer however it's healthier.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)