BST: Automotive & Accessories

[FS] FS: TESLA MODEL 3 ASSIGNMENT SALE (READY FOR CONFIGURING)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2018 3:44 pm
[OP]
May 1, 2005
251 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 4 (100% Positive)

FS: TESLA MODEL 3 ASSIGNMENT SALE (READY FOR CONFIGURING)

**ASSIGNMENT SALE**: I'm selling my Queue in the TESLA Model 3 Reservations system. This sale will be subject to requiring approval from Tesla Motors Inc to approve the transfer of the assignment.

What Am I selling? I am looking to sell my Tesla Model 3 Assignment/Queue in the reservation system. You’re not buying the vehicle from me, you’re buying my spot in line. This is similar to purchasing a pre-construction condo, or house, not the actual condo/house itself. This spot was purchased on the day the sales took place. March 30, 2016 @ 10:08PM EST.

Why am I selling? When Tesla first announced their mainstream electrical vehicle in 2016, they anticipated deliveries starting in 2018. On the first day, there were 100,000 Pre-orders. Now the list has reached 400,000+ pre-orders. Now that we are in 2018, more details have emerged. Deliveries will first begin with buyers in the US Market who order the larger capacity model (500KM/310Miles). The Standard Capacity Model (420KM/220Miles) will be starting delivery in 2019. I can no longer wait and will be purchasing a vehicle immediately additionally I will be purchasing a manual transmission vehicle before they go extinct altogether.

Furthermore, if you purchase and keep the vehicle for 12 months, you will be eligible for Ontario Electrical Vehicle Incentive (If you reside in Ontario) of $14,000 or if you are leasing 36 months minimum. (Google Ontario electrical vehicle rebate for more information) Other provinces, please do your own research for incentive programs in your province. 

Asking price is $8,000. In addition, you keep my $1,000 Deposit that was placed with the order of the model 3. (After you do the Math (14,000 Rebate + $1,000 Prepaid Deposit - Asking Price $8,000 = you are stil net + $7000

Expected Delivery Date
If you opt for the 310-mile range/AWD model, you can expect it Mid 2018
If you opt for the 220-Mile range/RWD, you can expect it in Early 2019

---UPDATE--- March 27, 2018 Just got an email stating that it's my turn (or whoever the reservation holder is) to configure with Canadian pricing.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 5.17.13 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 10.30.54 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 10.41.48 PM.png
Last edited by 01-digital on Feb 28th, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
9 replies
Feb 24, 2017
31 posts
1 upvote
Trader Score: 1 (100% Positive)
Sorry, are you selling a reservation spot or car for $10,000?
If it's a spot, I am happy to sell you my spot for $2,000, and you can sell mine as well and make 500% profit :)

Also, don't need to wait for one year to apply the $14,000 rebate. You can apply it on the day of the delivery date. Tesla help with the application. It took me 3 months to get the rebate.
PM me if anyone has questions about Tesla!
[OP]
May 1, 2005
251 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Trader Score: 4 (100% Positive)
matchacreamkitty wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 1:13 pm
Sorry, are you selling a reservation spot or car for $10,000?
If it's a spot, I am happy to sell you my spot for $2,000, and you can sell mine as well and make 500% profit :)

Also, don't need to wait for one year to apply the $14,000 rebate. You can apply it on the day of the delivery date. Tesla help with the application. It took me 3 months to get the rebate.
PM me if anyone has questions about Tesla!
Okay so first of all to address your first comment, yes I am selling a reservation spot. Because this is potentially unprecedented, I don't know what would be considered "market value" furthermore, redflagdeals REQUIRES a Price be lIsted so I am complying from that sense. Whether the market is willing to pay $10,000 is another discussion. obviously, I don't want to underprice as this may be selling myself short, and of course, I don't want to overprice as this would turn off potential buyers, however, pricing is an art and since I don't know how to price an assignment for a car I'd rather start high and slide the price down to see what the market is willing to support.

Secondly, if you want to sell your own reservation, then please go a head and post.

Lastly, Yes, your probably right in the sense that a buyer May apply for the rebate you can apply from day one, however to be eligible according to the ministry you must own the vehicle for 12 months or if the case of a lease, the lease must be for a term of 36 months minimum. IMO, I feel like eligibility information is more valuable to a buyer then application information but of course, you should always conduct your own research and due dilligence.
Aug 20, 2009
6464 posts
1098 upvotes
Grimsby
Trader Score: 5 (100% Positive)
I'm looking into whether this is allowed but in the meantime no threadcrapping please.

Edit - Tom says this is OK!

Edit2 - A reminder people, BST is not the forum for discussions. If you're not happy with this sale just move along please. if you're really aggrieved by this you can send TomRFD a note. Thank you - MrD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)