Expired Hot Deals

[Future Shop] FS: Traxxas E-Revo 4WD 1/16 Scale RC Car With Battery Stick & Charger

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2013 1:01 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 25, 2002
529 posts
6 upvotes
Maple

[Future Shop] FS: Traxxas E-Revo 4WD 1/16 Scale RC Car With Battery Stick & Charger

Tell me this is not a good deal.
These things hardly go on sale.

$229.99 Save $75
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 141 cen02

Traxxas E-Revo 4WD 1/16 Scale RC Car (7105) - Black/Silver
Model: 1/16 E-Revo (710514) | SKU: 10213826

The Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo may be a compact R/C car, but it has a powerful Titan 550 motor, XL-2.5 speed control, independent suspension, three throttle profiles, and the TQ radio system that help it blaze down any terrain at speeds over 32kph. It's Ready-to-Race (RTR) out of the box and is packed with waterproof electronics that keep the fun going in all weather and road conditions.

•Exclusive waterproof electronics get you rolling fast and keeps the 4WD fun going in rain, mud, and snow.

•It offers big-truck performance in 1/16 scale and includes exclusive rocker-actuated, long-travel inboard suspension, full ball bearings, 2mm hex hardware, oil-filled shocks, and sealed, silicone-filled differentials.

•The Titan 12-Turn 550-sized motor packs a high-torque punch with low-friction oilite bushings and a fan-cooled armature for lasting performance.

•Flexible, silicone-insulated 16-gauge wire keeps power flowing efficiently, and bullet connectors are used for convenient, no-soldering-required maintenance.

•High frequency operation combined with ultra-low resistance make the XL-2.5 an efficient and ultra-smooth speed control. It features a completely waterproof design, three throttle profiles, Thermal Shutdown Protection, Low-Voltage Detection, 6-8 cell NiMH compatibility, and built-in BEC.

•An exclusive feature on the XL-2.5 is the patent pending Training Mode. This profile reduces the overall power output of the XL-2.5 by 50%, making it easier for young or new drivers to develop their control skills before unleashing full-power operation.

•The 1/16 E-Revo is Ready-to-Race (RTR) and fully assembled with TQ radio system, Titan 550 motor, XL-2.5 electronic speed control, painted and decaled body, pre-glued tires, and detailed instructions.

The charger itself is worth $50, http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... b70 3en02

With a few mods it can be pretty fast for more advance users.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNRZIG_uYK0
Lots of positive feedback, see my for sale ads.
10 replies
May 19, 2006
130 posts
8 upvotes
Not a great deal, same thing at HobbyHobby is 219: http://hobbyhobby.com/store/product/281 ... RTR-27MHz/

Honestly, for everything BB/FS sells for Traxxas, you can get at your local hobby shop or online cheaper....the only advantage is typically you're closer to a BB/FS than a local hobby store....
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4427 posts
698 upvotes
Mississauga
RGGG wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2013 3:26 pm
Not a great deal, same thing at HobbyHobby is 219: http://hobbyhobby.com/store/product/281 ... RTR-27MHz/

Honestly, for everything BB/FS sells for Traxxas, you can get at your local hobby shop or online cheaper....the only advantage is typically you're closer to a BB/FS than a local hobby store....
FS/BB will pricebeat local hobby shops, so it is cheaper to buy it there. also returning rcs is easier than in the hobby stores.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
7250 posts
804 upvotes
I bought this when it first came out for 399 and upgraded to lipo batteries and this thing goes nice.

I dont use it too much but when i do is fun and fast.
I bought spare motor, trans, and other stuff so incase i needed them so i would not have to wait but everything is still going strong, besides a steering servo and a few broken plastic parts its a good car.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2005
1067 posts
69 upvotes
Brampton
Damn, thought this was the regular 1/10th revo!!
Would've jumped on that one!
[OP]
Feb 25, 2002
529 posts
6 upvotes
Maple
blazed16 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2013 3:37 pm
I bought this when it first came out for 399 and upgraded to lipo batteries and this thing goes nice.

I dont use it too much but when i do is fun and fast.
I bought spare motor, trans, and other stuff so incase i needed them so i would not have to wait but everything is still going strong, besides a steering servo and a few broken plastic parts its a good car.
How long does the lipo batteries last?
My standard battery lasts only 1/2 hr of continuous run, I was expecting at least an hour.
If I get a brushless motor and servo, will the run times be much longer depending on same use?
Lots of positive feedback, see my for sale ads.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8193 posts
971 upvotes
This is not a good deal...

I have no idea if it is or not, but the OP told me to tell him! So I did!
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Feb 10, 2013
110 posts
35 upvotes
Markham
Never grab one of these things from bb or fs hang around ur local track or hobby shop u will score way better deals or you can grab nice used ones dirt cheap still running flawless
Deal Addict
May 14, 2012
2585 posts
312 upvotes
Ontario
FYI: FS and BB prices are inflated.
× < >