Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

FS/WM Flyer Game Deals Nov 23 - 29

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2012 11:32 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Bargain Bin wrote: Anyone pick up the Borderlands 1 + 2 Bundle for $39.99? Never played Borderlands but I've heard good things, is it a niche game or something that anyone can play?
It's sort of a co-op RPG/FPS hybrid. I wouldn't exactly say it's niche, and it's pretty a fun game even for casual gamers especially if you like co-op. If you have a PS3 you can grab the first game for free with a subscription to PS+.
Oct 9, 2005
458 posts
13 upvotes
Did anyone pick up the skylanders giants starter kit for $55? I went back to store with my week old receipt, and they refused to price match it. Said it was an error, but there were no notices up in the store.
Dec 27, 2011
561 posts
43 upvotes
London
Picked up:
Tekken Tag 2 from FS for 29.99
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron from WM for $19
Dead Island from EB for 9.99
Dark Souls from EB for 14.99
Dead or Alive 5 from EB for 29.99
Feb 27, 2011
288 posts
732 upvotes
Bargain Bin wrote: Anyone pick up the Borderlands 1 + 2 Bundle for $39.99? Never played Borderlands but I've heard good things, is it a niche game or something that anyone can play?
Its a FPS, anyone can play it.
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
815 upvotes
Calgary
jusjag wrote: Picked up:
Tekken Tag 2 from FS for 29.99
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron from WM for $19
Dead Island from EB for 9.99
Dark Souls from EB for 14.99
Dead or Alive 5 from EB for 29.99
Tekken Tag and DOA5 both half price, guess both arent selling well. Which is better?
Dec 27, 2011
561 posts
43 upvotes
London
Mayosandwich wrote: Tekken Tag and DOA5 both half price, guess both arent selling well. Which is better?
Yeah there was no way I'm gonna pay $59.99 each. But I'm a fan of both series. They're both similar 3d fighters, but Tekken Tag uses the tag system which adds a different element to the gameplay.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2008
2176 posts
339 upvotes
Montreal
Mayosandwich wrote: Tekken Tag and DOA5 both half price, guess both arent selling well. Which is better?
TTT2 if you played Tekken before. If not, get DOA5, it's noob friendly.

I am a Tekken fan, but I enjoyed DOA5 more to be honest
Instagram: prince_of_chips
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
815 upvotes
Calgary
Well i hated Tekken 6 and I hated DOA4. Even at $30 i might wait til theyre $10 cause fighting games arent easy to resale.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1892 posts
574 upvotes
Calgary
Hmm. Decided to test my luck with the Playstation Display. Played a few games of MW3 and it did the black screen flicker twice. Connected my Macbook to it and so far so good. No flickers whatsoever after 1-2 hours. If it flickers again I guess I'll have to take it back and try again haha.
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
815 upvotes
Calgary
mchuong wrote: Hmm. Decided to test my luck with the Playstation Display. Played a few games of MW3 and it did the black screen flicker twice. Connected my Macbook to it and so far so good. No flickers whatsoever after 1-2 hours. If it flickers again I guess I'll have to take it back and try again haha.
I didnt bother with it, way too many issues with it so i got the asus 24" LEd today for only $10 more and using that instead. Comes with 3 year warranty. Not fun bringing Tvs back again and again.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1892 posts
574 upvotes
Calgary
Mayosandwich wrote: I didnt bother with it, way too many issues with it so i got the asus 24" LEd today for only $10 more and using that instead. Comes with 3 year warranty. Not fun bringing Tvs back again and again.
Internal speakers? Pretty much the only reason I wanted this was to do some 3D gaming on it.
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15657 posts
588 upvotes
FS prices permanent drops? Forza for 40$ is not bad, but can't budget it in until early December.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1551 posts
1799 upvotes
Mayosandwich wrote: I didnt bother with it, way too many issues with it so i got the asus 24" LEd today for only $10 more and using that instead. Comes with 3 year warranty. Not fun bringing Tvs back again and again.
so which model of asus did you get, i give it a shot with the sony display, so far no problem. Look really good with Ps3, but as PC monitor, it not so great, pixel and texture blur not to bright and glare. Overall it good for gaming but as monitor i wouldn't. I'll try for another week to see if any problem occur, other i try asus
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
815 upvotes
Calgary
I got this, its really good. .4" Smaller but really, cant even tell. Thin light and $149 after $10MIR but i dont even know if ill bother with the rebate. Read the reviews and theyre really good, pretty much no issues with it.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX31326
mchuong wrote: Internal speakers? Pretty much the only reason I wanted this was to do some 3D gaming on it.
Ya the asus has speakers but no TV will have good speakers, I tested it and my MacBook has better sound. If you want good sound without wires to keep your setup clean, get a compact bluetooth speaker like the jawbone, theres a nice amount of space under the monitor that a speaker can sit in and be hidden. 3D and the glasses wasnt need for me anyways on the Sony tv. I was going to get a 27" but figured i didnt need it, it was extra $40 for entry level BenQ (which id much rather trust Asus).
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2011
1486 posts
175 upvotes
Setz wrote: FS prices permanent drops? Forza for 40$ is not bad, but can't budget it in until early December.
It's 15 bucks in the states if you can go there. Or see if someone can price match it?
"Want Some Steelbooks? Deal wit it" - Futureshop
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15657 posts
588 upvotes
SaleEndsSoon wrote: It's 15 bucks in the states if you can go there. Or see if someone can price match it?
For the sake of saving 25$, it's not worth the headache trying to find a copy.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1551 posts
1799 upvotes
Mayosandwich wrote: I got this, its really good. .4" Smaller but really, cant even tell. Thin light and $149 after $10MIR but i dont even know if ill bother with the rebate. Read the reviews and theyre really good, pretty much no issues with it.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX31326

Ya the asus has speakers but no TV will have good speakers, I tested it and my MacBook has better sound. If you want good sound without wires to keep your setup clean, get a compact bluetooth speaker like the jawbone, theres a nice amount of space under the monitor that a speaker can sit in and be hidden. 3D and the glasses wasnt need for me anyways on the Sony tv. I was going to get a 27" but figured i didnt need it, it was extra $40 for entry level BenQ (which id much rather trust Asus).
see if you can get price protection or PM for 25% extra

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=035364
Jun 27, 2012
4 posts
mushy_eyes wrote: It's not the GOTY that's on sale for $10, it's the Greatest Hits version (which doesn't have a web page).
Does anyone know if the Gray-Cased regular Platinum Hits version of Dead Island for XBOX 360 has any DLC?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)