None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5499 posts
1653 upvotes
Space

FTA setups?

It's been a while since I had my viewsat, how does FTA work now a days? Can someone point me in the right direction or be willing to educate me on what the new standard is.
11 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
14205 posts
3543 upvotes
London
The Dr sat ota guy whined to the mods that he would pull his ads off rfd unless they banned all FTA threads.

Check the FTA forums rather than putting RFD in a difficult position
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5499 posts
1653 upvotes
Space
Are there any local forums ( GTA - KW ) ? I just want to get back into some free TV :D Antenna isn't a great option as I live out in the country.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
14205 posts
3543 upvotes
London
Try the usual suspect type forums like ftazeta or satfix.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7059 posts
1238 upvotes
Hardware wise it is dirt cheap since the BEV piracy fell, you can pick up receivers for under $10 these days ! ;)
Depends what you want to catch ?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3629 posts
1000 upvotes
Toronto
+1

would like to know too. I have a sonicview 8000 hd with a (ihub? can't remember exactly) dongle that i haven't used in about 2 years. I let my previous p$ subscription run out and never renewed.

any connections to RELIABLE p$'s? not interested in nfps ir iksrocket. please feel free to PM.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5499 posts
1653 upvotes
Space
I don't think those 10$ receivers work anymore... At least that's what I've been told. I'd be happy to get basic tv 0-60 and maybe some PPV :D ( in HD ) I know my old viewsat use to catch PPV and movie content free, I had a friend set it up and I don't remember what went on with setting it up. I'll check those forums out, thanks.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7059 posts
1238 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2014 4:41 pm
I don't think those 10$ receivers work anymore... At least that's what I've been told. I'd be happy to get basic tv 0-60 and maybe some PPV :D ( in HD ) I know my old viewsat use to catch PPV and movie content free, I had a friend set it up and I don't remember what went on with setting it up. I'll check those forums out, thanks.
They all work, just reflash to the factory firmware.
If you are going to use it for first run movies then forget about it, if you are going for free programming then it is still a good option, plus most can catch satellite radio for free too !
FTA is like shortwave radio for your TV !
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4435 posts
1324 upvotes
Kingston
Repooc wrote:
Apr 30th, 2014 3:37 pm
+1

would like to know too. I have a sonicview 8000 hd with a (ihub? can't remember exactly) dongle that i haven't used in about 2 years. I let my previous p$ subscription run out and never renewed.

any connections to RELIABLE p$'s? not interested in nfps ir iksrocket. please feel free to PM.
+1

I would also like a PM if anyone has any info. I havent had fta up since I moved to my new house almost 3yrs ago. Never got around to reinstalling my dishes.
I have sonicview 8000 with hub as well a bev dish and a DN 1000.2 dish

Its hard to catch up on current info and sites when youve been out of it for so long.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5499 posts
1653 upvotes
Space
What kind of channels would be caught with free programming? I've been out of the game for like 8 years :D if anyone has first hand experience and can guide me or maybe someone I can pay to get things done that would be ideal!
EdT586 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2014 5:07 pm
They all work, just reflash to the factory firmware.
If you are going to use it for first run movies then forget about it, if you are going for free programming then it is still a good option, plus most can catch satellite radio for free too !
FTA is like shortwave radio for your TV !
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4435 posts
1324 upvotes
Kingston
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2014 9:33 pm
What kind of channels would be caught with free programming? I've been out of the game for like 8 years :D if anyone has first hand experience and can guide me or maybe someone I can pay to get things done that would be ideal!
From what I've read dn is up on all the easy to find private servers with very little freezing if any. Bev is down on all the sites I know of, however I have read that it is up on some of the more hidden servers. Dunno where to find them tho.