• Dec 16th, 2022 10:51 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
ericdraven wrote: Pre-ordered the Black but my heart was saying order the Silver...

LOL!!!
There’s lots of silver stock from what I hear from multiple vendors. I do like the look of the silver after seeing it IRL, but I like to have an Arca plate/grip permanently attached. So that silver bottom + black bottom is going to look odd.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

$99 10GB/month Can/US/Mexico, 1000 minutes, free evenings and weekend
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1588 posts
1599 upvotes
Montreal
Jonavin wrote: There’s lots of silver stock from what I hear from multiple vendors. I do like the look of the silver after seeing it IRL, but I like to have an Arca plate/grip permanently attached. So that silver bottom + black bottom is going to look odd.
My X-T10 and my X-T2 are black, so tempted to buy it silver just to have a change. But yeah, I am also a grip user so that sucks. I'll see how it looks with the grip.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
8237 posts
1413 upvotes
Montreal
aerok wrote: My X-T10 and my X-T2 are black, so tempted to buy it silver just to have a change. But yeah, I am also a grip user so that sucks. I'll see how it looks with the grip.
During the Fujifilm Event at Lozeau it was only the Black X-T3s with the Battery Grip while the Silver X-T3s were without...

But yeah that Silver Model...
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1588 posts
1599 upvotes
Montreal
Hmm... I read some comments saying the colours of X-T3 is off, checked on DPReview and it seems to be true... :(
Images
  • 2018-09-19.png
Sep 26, 2017
87 posts
11 upvotes
aerok wrote: Hmm... I read some comments saying the colours of X-T3 is off, checked on DPReview and it seems to be true... :(
is there a link to this?
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
aerok wrote: Hmm... I read some comments saying the colours of X-T3 is off, checked on DPReview and it seems to be true... :(
I don't know. I find the other cameras too red, but others are saying the X-T3 is too yellow. You never noticed any problems in the gallery samples. I also see less magenta haze in the X-T3 photos, so I actually prefer that. As far as overall image quality goes, I don't think the X-T3 is much different than X-T2. At base ISO X-T3 looks better. At high ISO (128000), X-T3 looks like it starts to have more noise in RAW but saves marginally more details.

The only conclusion you can make is that Fuji decided to spend all this BSI magic to just get to the same level as X-T2 but with smaller pixels so they can cram in more phase detect pixels to improve AF.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
aerok wrote: The 35mm 1.4 is already a lot better with the X-T2 update that came out last. I shoot a lot of weddings and it was hunting before the update. It is now a lot better than older DSLRs like the Nikon D810 in low light conditions.
They are saying it’s even improved compared to the X-T2. The 35mm/1.4 improvement is significant to me. The 23/1.4 seems to have the most improvements. Check out this video (not a great one to visualize the improvement IMO) where the Youtuber tests the older slow lenses on X-T3.

Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
OK, I caved and got the silver one. They had the X-T2 plate grip and it almost fit. Not perfect but it was good enough to let me see what a silver one looks like with it on. I have not played with it much, but YES the 35/1.5 is significnatly improved.

Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
What’s everyone using for Fuji RAW processing these days. still Lightroom? CaptureOne?

Need to decide what to do since my older LR doesn’t support new RAF any moare.

Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1534 posts
886 upvotes
Just announced, the GFX 50R, an “affordable” medium format in a “slim” package.

I can't find the Fujifilm official release, but here's some infos from DPreview.

Key Specifications
51.4MP medium format CMOS sensor (43.8 × 32.9mm) with Bayer filter array
3.69M-dot OLED EVF
3.2" 2.36M-dot touch LCD tilts up/down
AF-point-selection joystick
Weather-sealing
1/125 sec flash sync speed
3 fps continuous shooting
1080/30p video capture
In-camera Raw processing
Dual SD card slots (UHS-II)
USB C socket
Wi-Fi with Bluetooth

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifi ... ons-review

Like Fujirumors predicted, the cost is $4500 USD, in a X-E series format and without the huge thermo cooling pad in the back of the GFX 50S. It uses the same sensor and processor as the 50S, which is still a really good sensor.

Anyone interested by it?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
8237 posts
1413 upvotes
Montreal
Gin Martini wrote: Just announced, the GFX 50R, an “affordable” medium format in a “slim” package.

I can't find the Fujifilm official release, but here's some infos from DPreview.

Key Specifications
3.69M-dot OLED EVF
Weather-sealing
1080/30p video capture
In-camera Raw processing
USB C socket
Wi-Fi with Bluetooth

Like Fujirumors predicted, the cost is $4500 USD, in a X-E series format and without the huge thermo cooling pad in the back of the GFX 50S. It uses the same sensor and processor as the 50S, which is still a really good sensor.

Anyone interested by it?

Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
Gin Martini wrote: Just announced, the GFX 50R, an “affordable” medium format in a “slim” package.

Key Specifications
3.69M-dot OLED EVF
Weather-sealing
1080/30p video capture
In-camera Raw processing
USB C socket
Wi-Fi with Bluetooth

Anyone interested by it?
I'm interested, but I'll never own one unless I win the lotto :D $5700 CAD + lenses is well above my budget.

Does anyone on here actually have a GFX?
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1534 posts
886 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote: I'm interested, but I'll never own one unless I win the lotto :D $5700 CAD + lenses is well above my budget.

Does anyone on here actually have a GFX?
For me, the GFX 50R (or 50S) is more of a camera I'll rent to try, out of curiosity. I'll probably never own one unless, in like 10-12 years, it'll cost $2k or less.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
Is it possible to charge and transfer data at the same time on the X-T3?

Is it possible to use Bluetooth to remotely trigger the shutter on the X-T3?
Apr 19, 2017
126 posts
11 upvotes
Looking to move up from my recently purchased X-T20 (body for sale at a reasonable price).

Can't decide between the XPRO2 and X-T2 - my head says X-T2 but my heart says XPRO.

Like the viewfinder and grip better on the T2, but hate the EVF blackout. XPRO design makes me want to grab it and go shoot, grip is slightly lacking but a thumb grip will fix that. I have bad eyes and the EVF/OVF is slightly hard to see (same issue as X-T20).

Anyone been through this and can offer input?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)