[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7584 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal
Kfox wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 6:02 pm
Got a call today, my pre-ordered X-T2 is ready for pick up. Woo-hoo! :)

Where did you purchase from?

Anyone else getting the X-T2 or just holding off?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1276 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
ericdraven wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 3:59 pm
Kfox wrote:

I PM'd you where
It's waiting for pickup, but I'm holding off for the Oly M1 mark ii specs TBA on Sept 19. If they convince me there's big improvements in AF tracking then I may forget the Fuji. The Oly 12-100mm f/4 Pro lens that's coming out sounds exactly what i want for a light, general purpose/walk around lens-- Fuji makes very nice glass but their best zooms are too big/heavy
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7584 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal
Kfox wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 6:04 pm
ericdraven wrote:
Kfox wrote:

I PM'd you where
It's waiting for pickup, but I'm holding off for the Oly M1 mark ii specs TBA on Sept 19. If they convince me there's big improvements in AF tracking then I may forget the Fuji. The Oly 12-100mm f/4 Pro lens that's coming out sounds exactly what i want for a light, general purpose/walk around lens-- Fuji makes very nice glass but their best zooms are too big/heavy

Thanks I made my order with Aden yesterday before posting and the order is being shipped today!

Aden still has the X-T2 in Limited Stock...

Upgrading from a X-E2

Everyone else seems to be taking Pre-Orders for the X-T2 in Ontario and Quebec... Don't know the status for the rest of the country...

$2048 with Taxes in and Free Shipping!
:)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7584 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone in Montreal Interested?

SEP

500px Red Bull Photography Global Photo Walk - Montreal

by 500px

DESCRIPTION

Join us for the 4th annual 500px Red Bull Photography Global Photo Walk on September 17, 2016!
This is your chance to get out and meet fellow photographers in your community who share your passion. You’ll share tips and tricks, make new friends, and of course - capture some inspiring images.
The theme of this year’s walk is “Action and Adventure.” Put on your walking, running, cycling, or hiking shoes and capture the energy, motion, excitement, and movement of today's fast-paced places and people.
No need to be a pro to attend! Grab whatever camera you have (DSLR, mobile phone, point-and-shoot) and join in the fun!
Please obtain your ticket on Eventbrite, and head on over to Facebook for more details:

https://www.facebook.com/500px/events?ref=page_internal

Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3186 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
ericdraven wrote:
Sep 15th, 2016 1:31 pm

SEP

by 500px

DESCRIPTION

Join us for the 4th annual 500px Red Bull Photography Global Photo Walk on September 17, 2016!
This is your chance to get out and meet fellow photographers in your community who share your passion. You’ll share tips and tricks, make new friends, and of course - capture some inspiring images.
The theme of this year’s walk is “Action and Adventure.” Put on your walking, running, cycling, or hiking shoes and capture the energy, motion, excitement, and movement of today's fast-paced places and people.
No need to be a pro to attend! Grab whatever camera you have (DSLR, mobile phone, point-and-shoot) and join in the fun!
Please obtain your ticket on Eventbrite, and head on over to Facebook for more details:

Being a novice at this stuff, can anyone explain what happens on photowalks? I hear a lot about workshops on the podcasts I listen to, where an established photographer will bring people around to potentially good spots, give them tips, and critique their work... are photowalks just the same, except a much larger number of people? Is it usually led by an expert, or kind of more like an informal meet up where people decide where to go for shots?
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7584 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal
M1GOmigs wrote:
Sep 15th, 2016 1:48 pm
ericdraven wrote:
Sep 15th, 2016 1:31 pm

SEP

by 500px

DESCRIPTION

Being a novice at this stuff, can anyone explain what happens on photowalks? I hear a lot about workshops on the podcasts I listen to, where an established photographer will bring people around to potentially good spots, give them tips, and critique their work... are photowalks just the same, except a much larger number of people? Is it usually led by an expert, or kind of more like an informal meet up where people decide where to go for shots?

For me it's just a get together with people that you have something in common with...

It clicks with some people and everyone goes with their own mindset...

I don't evaluate the event just to go hang and chill with other photographers...

That's my opinion on photo walks...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7584 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal
ericdraven wrote:
Sep 13th, 2016 12:26 pm
Kfox wrote:
ericdraven wrote:

I PM'd you where

Thanks I made my order with Aden yesterday before posting and the order is being shipped today!

Upgrading from a X-E2

Everyone else seems to be taking Pre-Orders for the X-T2 in Ontario and Quebec... Don't know the status for the rest of the country...

Just to make this clear...

The X-T2 cost me $2048 with taxes in and free shipping

I'm out of province from Montreal so I only pay the GST

Order Totals

Subtotal: $1,950.74

Tax: $97.54

Shipping and Handling: $0.00

Discounts: $0.00

Coupons: $0.00

Total: $2,048.28

Thanks again for shopping with us!
Aden Camera

I also have a $50.00 off coupon that Aden Camera gave me in the box for my order.

So after the $50.00 mail-in rebate the final price is $1998.00 with taxes in and free shipping...

Again Aden Camera has Limited Stock for the X-T2

Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1276 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
Aden is OOS on X-T2 as of this afternoon. Fuji reps said mid October for more
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7584 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal
Kfox wrote:
Sep 16th, 2016 7:21 pm
Aden is OOS on X-T2 as of this afternoon. Fuji reps said mid October for more

Shows Limited Stock Now...

Any Online Orders made out of the Province of Ontario is subject to only 1 tax and that's the GST Tax only
Apr 18, 2006
246 posts
45 upvotes
ericdraven wrote:
Sep 16th, 2016 3:01 pm
ericdraven wrote:
Kfox wrote:

I PM'd you where

Upgrading from a X-E2

Order Totals

Aden Camera

I also have a $50.00 off coupon that Aden Camera gave me in the box for my order.

So after the $50.00 mail-in rebate the final price is $1998.00 with taxes in and free shipping...

Pretty sweet deal! I'm curious to hear about your initial impressions. I'm stoked about all the annoyances they have fixed (from the X-T1), and I hope it comes down in price next year :)
Competition should only be used to help pull yourself up, not to push others down.

Flickr Stream: https://www.flickr.com/photos/37742548@N02/
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7584 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal
pulse24 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2016 2:36 pm
ericdraven wrote:
Sep 16th, 2016 3:01 pm
ericdraven wrote:

Upgrading from a X-E2

Order Totals

Aden Camera

Pretty sweet deal! I'm curious to hear about your initial impressions. I'm stoked about all the annoyances they have fixed (from the X-T1), and I hope it comes down in price next year :)

Took it out for the first time yesterday after reading the manual and going through the options which is pretty much the same from my X-E2 but extra options...

It's fast but then again coming from X-E2 though I never had issues in regards to the speed of the X-E2 with what I shoot...

I forgot to use the Custom Auto Focus and was shooting in dark spaces...

I'd say 95% of my photos came out really nice the way I wanted them to come out with my style of photography...

Too soon to report anything other than it's Fujifilm and it performs like Fujifilm should and also it's a really nice upgrade from the X-E2 though there's a more weight put into the equation...

One thing I found that it a negative is that the battery fully charged last just under 200 shots with just the EVF though that evf is beautiful.... :)

Where as with my X-E2 I was able to shoot close to 400 shots...

Good thing is that you can use the NPW126 batteries with the X-T2 though I can't say what the difference is between the NPW126 and the NPW126S

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)