637 upvotes
Toronto
ericdraven wrote:
Jan 10th, 2017 4:57 pm

https://www.facebook.com/events/1489535547731139/

Tuesday, January 24 at 4 PM - 8 PM

Airship37

37 Parliament Street, Studio 2, Toronto, Ontario M5A 2Y2
Anyone have an idea of what's in store at this event? I'm interested in going, but I literally have no clue what to expect.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3318 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 12:48 pm
Anyone have an idea of what's in store at this event? I'm interested in going, but I literally have no clue what to expect.
they are usually very nice. i've been to a few. they will have drinks/food with some sort of entertainment for you to take pics, you can play around with the camera/lenses they have that's all around the venue. the fuji guys will also be there so you can ask them questions.

if i were you, make sure you bring an sd card so you can save the photos you take with their camera if you want to keep them.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3186 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
MoonDoggy wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 1:39 pm
they are usually very nice. i've been to a few. they will have drinks/food with some sort of entertainment for you to take pics, you can play around with the camera/lenses they have that's all around the venue. the fuji guys will also be there so you can ask them questions.

if i were you, make sure you bring an sd card so you can save the photos you take with their camera if you want to keep them.
Awesome, thanks for the info. Sounds like it could be interesting.

Quick question for all of you... I currently have a X-T1 w/ the XF 18mm f2 and the 35mm f2... without going to the super high ISOs on the camera, at a shutter speed that doesn't require a tripod, and assuming I'm stepped down all the way in aperture, are there any tricks or things I can do to improve my low light performance aside from using a flash?
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7584 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 12:48 pm

Usually they have all the Fujifilm Products that you can try...

As well as Promo items like t-shirts / cups /pens / etc...

You can also find coupons for $50.00 mail in rebates for any Fujifilm X product you purchase within the selected time period but you need to remember that there is no limit of mailin rebates that you can send in as long as each item you have bought is on a seperate invoice...

I sent 1 mail in rebate for my XT-2 / 35mm 2.0 and 23mm 2.0 separately...

I have a feeling you'll get a sneak peek at the GFX / 50mm 2.0 / X100F and probably announcements for Firmware Updates...

===
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7584 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal
ericdraven wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 2:17 pm
Usually they have all the Fujifilm Products that you can try...

As well as Promo items like t-shirts / cups /pens / etc...

You can also find coupons for $50.00 mail in rebates for any Fujifilm X product you purchase within the selected time period but you need to remember that there is no limit of mailin rebates that you can send in as long as each item you have bought is on a seperate invoice...

I sent 1 mail in rebate for my XT-2 / 35mm 2.0 and 23mm 2.0 separately...

I have a feeling you'll get a sneak peek at the GFX / 50mm 2.0 / X100F and probably announcements for Firmware Updates...

===

From the Event Page...

We're hosting a big event on January 24th in Toronto. Try out the newest Fujifilm cameras and lenses, win prizes and get great photography tips and demonstrations.

- one addition guest allowed per person

- serving appetizers and beverages

- paid parking is available

- camera checkup by Fujifilm technicians also available; one camera per person

RSVp by Jan 22nd.

Event is Free...
RSVP is Required...

https://form.jotform.com/70016870329959

===
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1007 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
MoonDoggy wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 1:39 pm

The SD card is a really good idea... I never thought of that
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1007 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 1:51 pm
Awesome, thanks for the info. Sounds like it could be interesting.

Quick question for all of you... I currently have a X-T1 w/ the XF 18mm f2 and the 35mm f2... without going to the super high ISOs on the camera, at a shutter speed that doesn't require a tripod, and assuming I'm stepped down all the way in aperture, are there any tricks or things I can do to improve my low light performance aside from using a flash?
For moving subjects like people, you're pretty much stuck with super high ISOs. Fuji is really good in this regard though.
For static subjects like landscapes, you use burst mode to shoot around 10 RAW exposures of the same scene at high ISO, and then merge them in Photoshop. It yields about 2-3 stops of noise reduction, so ISO 25,600 will be cleaner than ISO 6400. ISO1600 or lower will have no noise whatsoever, even when zoomed in to 100%.
The process: Open as stack, auto-align layers, convert to smart object, change blending mode to median or mean. If you have moving objects in your scene, such as people walking by, median will remove them, while mean will give them motion blur.
Aug 28, 2007
540 posts
95 upvotes
Vancouver
Thinking of upgrading my XT1 to the XT2 for video. I've sold of my 6D and need a better camera to do some videos with.

Thinking of either upgrading to the XT2 or getting an RX100 or something similar to compliment my XT1 for video.
Aug 1, 2010
735 posts
297 upvotes
Montreal
ForbiddenX wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 7:28 pm
Thinking of upgrading my XT1 to the XT2 for video. I've sold of my 6D and need a better camera to do some videos with.

Thinking of either upgrading to the XT2 or getting an RX100 or something similar to compliment my XT1 for video.
Consider the Panasonic LX100, great cam with an amazing lens. Also does 4k video
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
May 3, 2011
53 posts
2 upvotes
are there any perks to preordering? I'm thinking of getting the xt20 as a side camera, but i've never used fuji before. I thought I might want to try it out before buying lol
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1276 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
With the X-T20 announced, I expect a MSRP price drop on the X-T2 by April, like $150-$200 off.... what do you think?
Aug 10, 2004
394 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 12:04 pm
Damn, looks like tickets are all gone :(
I put myself on the waitlist for the vistek event for 3pm this Wednesday and they sent me an email saying it's full but they have the same event going on from 12-2pm. Fewer people if you can go earlier instead. Debating if I want to go - I'm home with a 4-month old and would have to bring him with me. I can either bring him in stroller or carrier but I'm afraid he's going to be fussy there.

If I only go for about 30 mins, can I still get the promotional item ($50 MIR)? If it's a drop-in event, it would work better for me rather than a fixed 2 hour event. I'm not really interested in the GFX, but would like to play with the X100F. I'm also looking at purchasing the 23F2 in the near future so I was hoping to play with that for a bit and pick up the MIR.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)