[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7444 posts
908 upvotes
Montreal
jc427 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 1:17 pm
I put myself on the waitlist for the vistek event for 3pm this Wednesday and they sent me an email saying it's full but they have the same event going on from 12-2pm. Fewer people if you can go earlier instead. Debating if I want to go - I'm home with a 4-month old and would have to bring him with me. I can either bring him in stroller or carrier but I'm afraid he's going to be fussy there.

If I only go for about 30 mins, can I still get the promotional item ($50 MIR)? If it's a drop-in event, it would work better for me rather than a fixed 2 hour event. I'm not really interested in the GFX, but would like to play with the X100F. I'm also looking at purchasing the 23F2 in the near future so I was hoping to play with that for a bit and pick up the MIR.

Normally you should be able to pick up the $50 Fujifilm Mail In Rebate Coupons at the Fujifilm Events...

See the Fujifilm Events Listing for an Event close by...

https://www.facebook.com/fujifilmcameras/

===
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2849 posts
501 upvotes
Toronto
Last night on Kijiji, I saw a post from someone selling the original Fuji x100 for $150... thought it would be cool to have as something to play around w/ and bring with me when I don't feel like lugging around my camera + lenses. Was very tempted but decided I should sleep on it. Looks like it's gone now...

Anyway, I just wanted everyone's thoughts on whether it's still worthwhile to pick up a camera that old w/ that older sensor? What would be the minimum generation for you in terms of Fuji gear?
PSN: M̶1̶G̶O̶m̶i̶g̶s̶ | XBox Live: M1GO
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
Mar 16, 2007
268 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 11:49 am
Last night on Kijiji, I saw a post from someone selling the original Fuji x100 for $150... thought it would be cool to have as something to play around w/ and bring with me when I don't feel like lugging around my camera + lenses. Was very tempted but decided I should sleep on it. Looks like it's gone now...

Anyway, I just wanted everyone's thoughts on whether it's still worthwhile to pick up a camera that old w/ that older sensor? What would be the minimum generation for you in terms of Fuji gear?
Sadly i saw that ad as well, but it was gone within an hour of posting..i didn't get a reply.
But funny, the person who bought it re-posted it on kijiji at 475$ to make a profit..Hit Camera smh

Anyways the x100 is great and will get you wonderful images, totally worth the money. I would probably update the firmware and use a faster SD Card. Maybe look into the x100s as those have gone down as well but some prefer the x100 original sensor. I've shot with both, and i think the x100 is great value and with the firmware upgrades is a gem.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7444 posts
908 upvotes
Montreal
ericdraven wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2017 7:54 pm
Normally you should be able to pick up the $50 Fujifilm Mail In Rebate Coupons at the Fujifilm Events...

See the Fujifilm Events Listing for an Event close by...

https://www.facebook.com/fujifilmcameras/

===

Again...

The Fujifilm Touch and Try Events...

You can pickup a $50 Mail In Rebate Coupon.

===
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7444 posts
908 upvotes
Montreal
===

Details
Join the Fuji Guys for a Touch n' Try Event; we will have the latest X Series and GFX devices on hand. Plus attendees also receive a $50 mail-in-rebate for Fujifilm purchases.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7444 posts
908 upvotes
Montreal
===

Fujifilm Touch and Try

Downtown Camera
55 Queen Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1R6

Today at 1 PM - 5 PM

Details
Join the Fuji Guys for a Touch n' Try Event; we will have the latest X Series and GFX devices on hand. Plus attendees also receive a $50 mail-in-rebate for Fujifilm purchases.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7444 posts
908 upvotes
Montreal
ericdraven wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 11:55 am
===

Details

Event is Today...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
8653 posts
3106 upvotes
Southern Ontario
John Greengo who taught me tons with his fundamentals course is doing a Fast Start class on the Fuji X-T2 on Feb 22 9am PST, free at that time only (for purchase afterward), or screen-record it if you know how. RSVP link not working, just sends me to the X-T1, check the site later. I've done his previous Fast Starts, the guy covers better than any manual and makes his own slides.

https://www.creativelive.com/courses/fa ... tartEnroll

Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
1004 posts
45 upvotes
Any idea when the next Fuji lens rebate promo will be?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7444 posts
908 upvotes
Montreal
ericdraven wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 1:56 pm
Business as Usual

Montreal Snow Storm 03/14/2017 -19 Degrees with Wind Chill

I can confirm that the Fujifilm X-T2 with 35mm 2.0 R WR is alive and well after yesterday night outside...

:)

ImageBusiness as Usual - Montreal Snow Storm 03/14/2017 -19 Degrees with Wind Chill by David Wong, on Flickr

Quite the Experience to get this Shot...

Blowing Snow and Wind... -19 Degrees with the Wind Chill...

Couldn't feel the shutter button on the camera anymore so I got lucky with the shot because my hand was frozen...

Standing on the corner with the snow over my ankles that hasn't been cleared yet.. Actually you couldn't see the corner anymore because everything was covered and piling up... It got kind of dangerous because of the cars and visibility outside...

People looking at me like I was stupid just standing there... LOL!!!

Just me and the elements... :)

Loved It!!!

Though it took about 3 hours to get full feeling of my hands back...
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2849 posts
501 upvotes
Toronto
ericdraven wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 2:41 pm
Quite the Experience to get this Shot...

Blowing Snow and Wind... -19 Degrees with the Wind Chill...

Couldn't feel the shutter button on the camera anymore so I got lucky with the shot because my hand was frozen...

Standing on the corner with the snow over my ankles that hasn't been cleared yet.. Actually you couldn't see the corner anymore because everything was covered and piling up... It got kind of dangerous because of the cars and visibility outside...

People looking at me like I was stupid just standing there... LOL!!!

Just me and the elements... :)

Loved It!!!

Though it took about 3 hours to get full feeling of my hands back...
Nice capture... man, the lengths people take for the perfect shot though! Glad you didn't miss it!
PSN: M̶1̶G̶O̶m̶i̶g̶s̶ | XBox Live: M1GO
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel