[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7444 posts
908 upvotes
Montreal
ggweci wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 9:38 pm
Any idea when the next Fuji lens rebate promo will be?

If you ever goto the Fujifilm Events you can usually pickup a $50.00 Mail-In Rebate Coupon for Fujifilm X Equipment...
:)
Aug 25, 2009
72 posts
48 upvotes
Any idea when the next fuji sale will be? In the states they are saying around easter. Will it be the same here? Thanks in advance
Aug 1, 2010
612 posts
218 upvotes
Montreal
Sehwag wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 9:00 pm
Any idea when the next fuji sale will be? In the states they are saying around easter. Will it be the same here? Thanks in advance
If we base it on last year, should April or May

http://ca.**************.com/product/B00EZ8BEXK

Replace Xs with lightning drops (no space in between)
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2842 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking into getting a flash for my XT-1, because while I'm sure the included flash is ok, I wanted something where I can bounce the light elsewhere... I haven't really dabbled much in flash photography but I'm hearing a lot of good things about Yongnuo 560 IV... anyone have experience with it?
PSN: M̶1̶G̶O̶m̶i̶g̶s̶ | XBox Live: M1GO
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
Aug 1, 2010
612 posts
218 upvotes
Montreal
M1GOmigs wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:39 pm
I'm looking into getting a flash for my XT-1, because while I'm sure the included flash is ok, I wanted something where I can bounce the light elsewhere... I haven't really dabbled much in flash photography but I'm hearing a lot of good things about Yongnuo 560 IV... anyone have experience with it?
I use the Yongnuo YN-560 III flash*2 with my Fuji. If you're comfortable with manual flash then there is nothing wrong with it unless you need HSS
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2842 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
aerok wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:15 pm
I use the Yongnuo YN-560 III flash*2 with my Fuji. If you're comfortable with manual flash then there is nothing wrong with it unless you need HSS
As mentioned, I'm a total noob at flash photography, and I feel like a manual flash will allow me to play around with lighting and learn more as I go... It's not like I'm a wedding photographer or some pro who needs to get the shot and exposure right via TTL anyway.
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
8642 posts
3092 upvotes
Southern Ontario
M1GOmigs wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 2:00 pm
As mentioned, I'm a total noob at flash photography, and I feel like a manual flash will allow me to play around with lighting and learn more as I go... It's not like I'm a wedding photographer or some pro who needs to get the shot and exposure right via TTL anyway.
Also get a $10 replica flashbender and some orange gels off ebay to do this:

Does the 560 TTL work on Fuji? The MK320 and Nissin i40 do. TTL is pretty convenient for fast paced shooting especially for beginners, it's like AUTO for flash and not a pro thing. You're more apt to stand there firing test shots trying to figure out the best manual power, or set it to TTL and let the flash figure it out, adjust up or down once, if you want more/less exposure.
If you're fiddling with manual as a beginner, you've lost the moment or the enthusiasm of your subjects.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2842 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
AncasterRFD wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 2:11 pm
Also get a $10 replica flashbender and some orange gels off ebay to do this:

Does the 560 TTL work on Fuji? The MK320 and Nissin i40 do. TTL is pretty convenient for fast paced shooting especially for beginners, it's like AUTO for flash and not a pro thing. You're more apt to stand there firing test shots trying to figure out the best manual power, or set it to TTL and let the flash figure it out, adjust up or down once, if you want more/less exposure.
If you're fiddling with manual as a beginner, you've lost the moment or the enthusiasm of your subjects.
Thank you - this is extremely helpful too.

I don't think TTL works on Fuji using the 560, but I'll look into the other suggestions. The i40 might be out of my budget, but I do like how low profile it seems in comparison. The MK320 isn't too pricey either... More to think about, I guess.

I think what I was getting at with the pro comment is that at this point I usually have the time to fiddle around with settings and I'm not super concerned with missing the moment. I've got a lot to learn with photography still, but I enjoy testing things out.
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel