[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7469 posts
915 upvotes
Montreal
ggweci wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 9:38 pm
Any idea when the next Fuji lens rebate promo will be?

If you ever goto the Fujifilm Events you can usually pickup a $50.00 Mail-In Rebate Coupon for Fujifilm X Equipment...
:)
Aug 25, 2009
74 posts
50 upvotes
Any idea when the next fuji sale will be? In the states they are saying around easter. Will it be the same here? Thanks in advance
Aug 1, 2010
653 posts
239 upvotes
Montreal
Sehwag wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 9:00 pm
Any idea when the next fuji sale will be? In the states they are saying around easter. Will it be the same here? Thanks in advance
If we base it on last year, should April or May

http://ca.**************.com/product/B00EZ8BEXK

Replace Xs with lightning drops (no space in between)
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2907 posts
541 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking into getting a flash for my XT-1, because while I'm sure the included flash is ok, I wanted something where I can bounce the light elsewhere... I haven't really dabbled much in flash photography but I'm hearing a lot of good things about Yongnuo 560 IV... anyone have experience with it?
PSN: M̶1̶G̶O̶m̶i̶g̶s̶ | XBox Live: M1GO
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
Aug 1, 2010
653 posts
239 upvotes
Montreal
M1GOmigs wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:39 pm
I'm looking into getting a flash for my XT-1, because while I'm sure the included flash is ok, I wanted something where I can bounce the light elsewhere... I haven't really dabbled much in flash photography but I'm hearing a lot of good things about Yongnuo 560 IV... anyone have experience with it?
I use the Yongnuo YN-560 III flash*2 with my Fuji. If you're comfortable with manual flash then there is nothing wrong with it unless you need HSS
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2907 posts
541 upvotes
Toronto
aerok wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:15 pm
I use the Yongnuo YN-560 III flash*2 with my Fuji. If you're comfortable with manual flash then there is nothing wrong with it unless you need HSS
As mentioned, I'm a total noob at flash photography, and I feel like a manual flash will allow me to play around with lighting and learn more as I go... It's not like I'm a wedding photographer or some pro who needs to get the shot and exposure right via TTL anyway.
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
8887 posts
3225 upvotes
Southern Ontario
M1GOmigs wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 2:00 pm
As mentioned, I'm a total noob at flash photography, and I feel like a manual flash will allow me to play around with lighting and learn more as I go... It's not like I'm a wedding photographer or some pro who needs to get the shot and exposure right via TTL anyway.
Also get a $10 replica flashbender and some orange gels off ebay to do this:

Does the 560 TTL work on Fuji? The MK320 and Nissin i40 do. TTL is pretty convenient for fast paced shooting especially for beginners, it's like AUTO for flash and not a pro thing. You're more apt to stand there firing test shots trying to figure out the best manual power, or set it to TTL and let the flash figure it out, adjust up or down once, if you want more/less exposure.
If you're fiddling with manual as a beginner, you've lost the moment or the enthusiasm of your subjects.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2907 posts
541 upvotes
Toronto
AncasterRFD wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 2:11 pm
Also get a $10 replica flashbender and some orange gels off ebay to do this:

Does the 560 TTL work on Fuji? The MK320 and Nissin i40 do. TTL is pretty convenient for fast paced shooting especially for beginners, it's like AUTO for flash and not a pro thing. You're more apt to stand there firing test shots trying to figure out the best manual power, or set it to TTL and let the flash figure it out, adjust up or down once, if you want more/less exposure.
If you're fiddling with manual as a beginner, you've lost the moment or the enthusiasm of your subjects.
Thank you - this is extremely helpful too.

I don't think TTL works on Fuji using the 560, but I'll look into the other suggestions. The i40 might be out of my budget, but I do like how low profile it seems in comparison. The MK320 isn't too pricey either... More to think about, I guess.

I think what I was getting at with the pro comment is that at this point I usually have the time to fiddle around with settings and I'm not super concerned with missing the moment. I've got a lot to learn with photography still, but I enjoy testing things out.
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
May 5, 2010
734 posts
187 upvotes
Hi all,
I recently bought a X-T1 to use with manual lenses. It'll be for casual shots and I'm mostly interested in my favorite prime, 50mm full frame equivalent, so around 35mm in this body.

So my question is, what is the most fun manual lens with chip confirmation if possible for Fuji? I bought the Neewer/Meike 35mm F1.7 to keep me busy for now, but the image is quite soft even at F4 and above. Aside for the IQ, the lens itself is well built and the focus ring is quite pleasant. Surprising for the low low price!

I'm thinking of getting a Voigtlander 35mm or 40mm F1.4 with the M Mount adapter one day, does anyone has this lens on their cameras? How is the IQ?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3300 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Gin Martini wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 12:00 pm
Hi all,
I recently bought a X-T1 to use with manual lenses. It'll be for casual shots and I'm mostly interested in my favorite prime, 50mm full frame equivalent, so around 35mm in this body.

So my question is, what is the most fun manual lens with chip confirmation if possible for Fuji? I bought the Neewer/Meike 35mm F1.7 to keep me busy for now, but the image is quite soft even at F4 and above. Aside for the IQ, the lens itself is well built and the focus ring is quite pleasant. Surprising for the low low price!

I'm thinking of getting a Voigtlander 35mm or 40mm F1.4 with the M Mount adapter one day, does anyone has this lens on their cameras? How is the IQ?
Samyang/bower are pretty good MF. Fuji wide angle lenses are pretty nice and they usually aren't soft in the corners unlike other lenses.
Nov 25, 2004
997 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
MoonDoggy wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 1:43 pm
Samyang/bower are pretty good MF. Fuji wide angle lenses are pretty nice and they usually aren't soft in the corners unlike other lenses.
Samyang and Bower lenses are exactly the same as Rokinon lenses, just branded differently. They go by other brands too, but I think Rokinon and Samyang are the two most common. And yes, they tend to be very good for the money.
May 5, 2010
734 posts
187 upvotes
If only Fuji's 35mm F1.4 isn't fly-by-wire manual, that'll be the easiest option.

I checked Samyang, Bower and Rokinon and the only one that might interest me is this:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... speed.html

Which is pretty nice since their announced T-Stop is T1.3. The Mitakon F0.95 as a T-Stop of 1.4...
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... _mark.html

EDIT: I just checked a video on youtube of that lens and it is HUGE!
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3300 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Gin Martini wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 4:28 pm
If only Fuji's 35mm F1.4 isn't fly-by-wire manual, that'll be the easiest option.

I checked Samyang, Bower and Rokinon and the only one that might interest me is this:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... speed.html

Which is pretty nice since their announced T-Stop is T1.3. The Mitakon F0.95 as a T-Stop of 1.4...
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... _mark.html

EDIT: I just checked a video on youtube of that lens and it is HUGE!
The Fuji 35/f1.4 is only loud when it's in AF. I have the 23/f1.4 and it's quiet in MF and focus pretty fast as well. You could always look at the 35/f2.
May 5, 2010
734 posts
187 upvotes
MoonDoggy wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 7:03 pm
The Fuji 35/f1.4 is only loud when it's in AF. I have the 23/f1.4 and it's quiet in MF and focus pretty fast as well. You could always look at the 35/f2.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind!
Maybe it is just me, but Fuji's wire MF drives me nut... you turn that focus ring and you have a tiny delay and there's that tu tu tu sound.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel