[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7590 posts
968 upvotes
Montreal
Sgt_Strider wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 4:10 am
I just read that Fujifilm is thinking about increasing prices in Canada. I've been thinking about getting the X-T2 for a while now, but I was hoping to pick one up when it goes on sale.

I heard it's extended and in Effect starting May 12th...

Fujifilm Canada Price Increase Coming May 1, 2017

http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-cana ... ing-may-1/

===
Aug 1, 2010
736 posts
297 upvotes
Montreal
Price increase has been move to May 15th I think. AFAIK, only lenses will be affected but don't take my word for it.
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
Jan 6, 2012
35 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary
Hope I'm posting in the right place.

I currently have an X-E1 that I picked up with the 18-55 F2.8-4. I also was gifted the 23 F1.4 afterwards. I love shooting at a 35mm adjusted focal length (and so the 23mm on APS-C).

I am struggling a bit with the autofocus on the X-E1 and would like to upgrade. I am considering X-T1, X-T20, X-T2. X-T2 is within the range of the budget but being RFD, I wanted to get people's opinions. Is the X-T2 really worth the price premium, or is an X-T1 (with the body only selling at really tempting prices) good enough? Also, local store has X-T2 at 1880, which is lower than anything I see on photoprice.ca. Should I hit it?

Also, if going X-T2/X-T20, am thinking about one of the newer F2 lenses to take advantage of the faster autofocus. Is it worth doubling up at the 23mm focal length? Considering 35 vs 50mm F2 to photograph moving children etc.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3306 posts
380 upvotes
Markham
farfarello wrote:
May 5th, 2017 2:11 am
Hope I'm posting in the right place.

I currently have an X-E1 that I picked up with the 18-55 F2.8-4. I also was gifted the 23 F1.4 afterwards. I love shooting at a 35mm adjusted focal length (and so the 23mm on APS-C).

I am struggling a bit with the autofocus on the X-E1 and would like to upgrade. I am considering X-T1, X-T20, X-T2. X-T2 is within the range of the budget but being RFD, I wanted to get people's opinions. Is the X-T2 really worth the price premium, or is an X-T1 (with the body only selling at really tempting prices) good enough? Also, local store has X-T2 at 1880, which is lower than anything I see on photoprice.ca. Should I hit it?

Also, if going X-T2/X-T20, am thinking about one of the newer F2 lenses to take advantage of the faster autofocus. Is it worth doubling up at the 23mm focal length? Considering 35 vs 50mm F2 to photograph moving children etc.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.
I originally bought an X-E1 and found that it was just too slow. So I went with the X-T1. Even with the original firmware the difference was pronounced. With the 4.0 firmware it was like a new camera. It's comparable to a mid-lower end DSLR in terms of autofocus but it's really th eoperational speeds that was more important to me. The older lens focus much slower than the newer models. With the 35/f2, I don't feel like I'm lacking in speed at all, so I have resisted upgrading.

Just keep in mind that the image quality won't be much different from your X-E1. So the X-T1 may not seem like much of an upgrade. I think besides the improved image quality, the X-T2 also adds some better handling buttons. That alone would make me want to upgrade to it; and I would, if my X-T1 wasn't so darn good. In your position I would upgrade to X-T20 if weather proofing is not important.

I am just going to hold out until my X-T1 dies and then buy whatever X-Tn model is current at that time. I could not live with the slowness of the X-E1 and returned it after a week. I am not a pro and the image quality of the original X-series is more than my skills can handle, so I give more weight to handling/control than other specs. And that's why I would still buy an X-T2 instead on an X-T20.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7590 posts
968 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone have the Fujifilm Vertical Power Booster VPB-XT2 for X-T2

Recommend It or Not?

Debating it...
Aug 1, 2010
736 posts
297 upvotes
Montreal
Worth it only if you have to switch batteries often or need faster fps.
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3187 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
ggweci wrote:
May 25th, 2017 8:10 pm
Anyone looking for a great messenger bag for their Fuji system? If so, check out the deal in the ThinkTank Retrospective 5 in the Hot Deals forum: best-buy-think-tank-retrospective-5-90- ... #p27823241
I missed out on the pinestone colour and grabbed the blue slate instead, but I'm very underwhelmed by the finish they added to this bag's fabric, and I'll probably end up returning it. The bag I received looks much worse than what's shown in the photos, with fake distress creases running all the way along the front flap.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2002
4931 posts
4871 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 12:36 pm
I missed out on the pinestone colour and grabbed the blue slate instead, but I'm very underwhelmed by the finish they added to this bag's fabric, and I'll probably end up returning it. The bag I received looks much worse than what's shown in the photos, with fake distress creases running all the way along the front flap.
Still love my Domke waxed canvas ruggedwear bags for my Fuji... no fake distress, but all kindsa of real use/distress patterns :D
I've got a pretty good friend who's seen me at my worst.
He don't care if I'm a blessing or a curse,
But he always shows up when the chips are down.
That's the kind of friend I like to be around.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3187 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
hoob wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 1:03 pm
Still love my Domke waxed canvas ruggedwear bags for my Fuji... no fake distress, but all kindsa of real use/distress patterns :D
Yeah, it really put me off because if you look at the product photo, it looks fine... but mine looks like a pair of jeans with fake distress lines added to it...
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17749 posts
207 upvotes
YVR
I wonder when Fujifilm will have a sale in Canada. The X-T2 is already on sale in the US.