Tags:
None
Nov 11, 2011
143 posts
44 upvotes
Calgary
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 7:26 am
I wonder when Fujifilm will have a sale in Canada. The X-T2 is already on sale in the US.
There you go, only the bundles with the vertical power booster are on sale.

http://fuji.vistek.ca/Fuji_XT2_Camera.aspx

The sale should be available at other retailers.

In the past few years, there's always some sort of Fuji lens sale every few months, and there's none so far this year. Maybe after the price hike in May, we may have a lens "sale" soon.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2008
3357 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
I heard over at dpreview that fuji is having issues maintaining supplies of their lenses and some of their newer bodies. Hopefully there will be a sale towards the summer.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17465 posts
170 upvotes
YVR
gariopara wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 3:15 pm
There you go, only the bundles with the vertical power booster are on sale.

http://fuji.vistek.ca/Fuji_XT2_Camera.aspx

The sale should be available at other retailers.

In the past few years, there's always some sort of Fuji lens sale every few months, and there's none so far this year. Maybe after the price hike in May, we may have a lens "sale" soon.
ericdraven wrote:
Jun 7th, 2017 6:21 pm
Aden Camera until July 22

http://www.adencamera.com/Search.aspx?k ... +July+22nd

===
I'm looking to get the camera without the battery grip. Is it even a good deal for the grip and camera?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7556 posts
943 upvotes
Montreal
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 2:42 am
I'm looking to get the camera without the battery grip. Is it even a good deal for the grip and camera?

The Grip is almost $500 with the taxes in...
Nov 11, 2011
143 posts
44 upvotes
Calgary
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 2:42 am
You are getting the $450 grip for $100, that's pretty good deal. Give there's no discount for the X-T2 body alone, I would say take the grip and sell it on kijiji, you probably can get $$250-$300 for it. That equals to $150-$200 saving. A bit of work but probably worth it.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17465 posts
170 upvotes
YVR
ericdraven wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 10:48 am

The Grip is almost $500 with the taxes in...
gariopara wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 1:49 pm
You are getting the $450 grip for $100, that's pretty good deal. Give there's no discount for the X-T2 body alone, I would say take the grip and sell it on kijiji, you probably can get $$250-$300 for it. That equals to $150-$200 saving. A bit of work but probably worth it.
Ok, I hear ya. I'm not against having a grip, but unless I'm mistaken, I can't charge the batteries in the grip via USB cable right? If so, that's pretty annoying as I'll have to carry a separate charger. Do you guys think it's worth it to keep the grip? I'm thinking it'll probably be best to sell it and get some money back.
Nov 11, 2011
143 posts
44 upvotes
Calgary
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 3:31 am
Ok, I hear ya. I'm not against having a grip, but unless I'm mistaken, I can't charge the batteries in the grip via USB cable right? If so, that's pretty annoying as I'll have to carry a separate charger. Do you guys think it's worth it to keep the grip? I'm thinking it'll probably be best to sell it and get some money back.
That depends on what you use the X-T2 for. If you shoot video a lot, then the grip allows you to shoot clips up to 30min instead of 10min in 4k or 15min in FHD. For still photography, it does provide you some performance improvement but then it adds quite a bit weight and size to the camera.

I think if you can comfortably afford the X-T2, then keep the grip for the occasional need. If not, just put it up on Kijiji.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17465 posts
170 upvotes
YVR
gariopara wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 11:29 am
That depends on what you use the X-T2 for. If you shoot video a lot, then the grip allows you to shoot clips up to 30min instead of 10min in 4k or 15min in FHD. For still photography, it does provide you some performance improvement but then it adds quite a bit weight and size to the camera.

I think if you can comfortably afford the X-T2, then keep the grip for the occasional need. If not, just put it up on Kijiji.
I don't think the time limit will really affect me. So how long does one have to wait before I can shoot in 4K again after hitting the 10 min. mark?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9490 posts
3634 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 3:51 pm
I don't think the time limit will really affect me. So how long does one have to wait before I can shoot in 4K again after hitting the 10 min. mark?
Depends what you're shooting, a whole event on a tripod?
Or like me, rarely going over 20s, trimming them to 1-5s and transitioning them together in post. I had a 5min 4K limitation on my RX100IV when I had it and it didn't effect me either.

I'm always curious if it's both a temp sensor, and the firmware has an algorithm, say in this case for 5min+1min stop+5min is still 10min, and it needs to be off for 9min? Like is it 1:1 or something else? Since I would hardly ever continuously shoot for 10min but might do it in say over 14min in intervals.
May 5, 2010
774 posts
204 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 4:27 pm
Or like me, rarely going over 20s, trimming them to 1-5s and transitioning them together in post. I had a 5min 4K limitation on my RX100IV when I had it and it didn't effect me either.

I'm always curious if it's both a temp sensor, and the firmware has an algorithm, say in this case for 5min+1min stop+5min is still 10min, and it needs to be off for 9min? Like is it 1:1 or something else? Since I would hardly ever continuously shoot for 10min but might do it in say over 14min in intervals.
I'm only guessing, but I think it's probably a software that allows only 10 min of continuous recording. Once you stop, even for 1 minute, it'll probably reset it to another 10 minutes. It can do 30 minute with the grip so there is certainly no overheating issue because that grip offers no cooling factor. That means you can supposedly shoot 30 minutes even without the grip, but Fuji is limiting it to sell more grip or give a reason to buy the grip. It's like Canon, crippling some video features on the 5Dmk4 on purpose to not cannibalise the sale on their video oriented pro cameras.
Again, only guessing so you're all welcome to correct me if I'm wrong.
Aug 1, 2010
711 posts
267 upvotes
Montreal
AncasterRFD wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 4:27 pm

I read an article recently but can't find it anymore. Basically the guy tested the X-T2 with the 126S and the 126 batteries with/without grip. His findings were that the camera would overheat less when shooting with the 126s and even less when shooting with the grip. So by using both the grip and the 126s, he could achieve longer clips and in more intervals than shooting without the grip or with the 126 batteries.

ie. He could record around 20minutes without the grip (2x 10 minutes clip) before the overheat warning but with the grip he could record up to 50 minutes before the warning hit.

I'll do the test when/if I get my grip.
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7556 posts
943 upvotes
Montreal
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 3:31 am
I bought the Grip recently and with tax in it was close to $500.00

Charge it up with the power adapter it came with and no it's not usb charger but it's good for the whole day...

I've seen the grip on Kijiji for $250.00 - $300.00 the last couple of days ....
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7556 posts
943 upvotes
Montreal
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 12:36 pm
I missed out on the pinestone colour and grabbed the blue slate instead, but I'm very underwhelmed by the finish they added to this bag's fabric, and I'll probably end up returning it. The bag I received looks much worse than what's shown in the photos, with fake distress creases running all the way along the front flap.

Back on sale and Pinestone is available...

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-bu ... e-2106769/

===

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

RFDQ1016