• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2017 10:06 am
Tags:
None
Aug 10, 2004
390 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
I replaced my aging x-e1 earlier this year with the xt-10 after the xt-20 was announced. I still like my x-e1 for the form factor but the xt-10 has been great! I am looking forward to seeing what the x-e3 has to offer though!
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3131 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
My friend ended up winning the X-E3 from the raffle they held after the Toronto event... not sure if they included a lens as well. One interesting thing is that they're bundling the E3 as body only, or with either XF 18-55mm kit lens or XF 23mm f/2...
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2002
4811 posts
4772 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have any contacts at Fuji Canada product management, to whom I can submit some product feedback? My X-T1 failed in a peculiar way on Day 1 of my Ireland vacation, possible due to some weak design aspects, and I would like to submit some objective feedback to the company.

EDIT: to be clear I've contacted the Fuji Support/Repair email, looking for a more direct contact for product design.

Also, does anyone know of a Fuji repair center in Toronto that can tell me if the camera is kaput or reasonable repairable? Description of failure:

* I have owned the X-T1 for about 3 years
* When hiking, I have the camera clipped onto a backpack using a Peak Design Capture Pro
* The clip point is a standard tripod mount screwed in tightly to the bottom of the camera
* Early in this trip, when removing the clip mount to connect an alternate tripod mount, the screw mount bracket bracket inside the camera somehow broke/detached from the metal camera body and is "loose" inside
* I was able to "screw in" the other tripod mount by carefully shaking/holding the camera in order to thread it into the loose nut
* Now, whenever the camera is power on with a lens attached, the LCD display flickers on/off regularly for about 30 seconds, then shows "LENS ERROR" and stays on (happens on all my lenses)

What I suspect happened is that walking around with the camera and Capture/Pro clip put a lot of fatigue stress on the tripod mount screw hole "structure", and which eventually gave way. I suspect some internal metal shavings or remains of the "mini screws" are loose inside somewhere, causing a short or other issue with the lens connection circuit.

Luckily for my vacation I had a backup camera -- a clearly much lesser performing but still reasonably capable Fuji XQ2 pocket camera.

Maybe looking at getting an X-E3 once prices drop a bit with the higher Canadian dollar. Or try to pick up a discount end-of-stock X-T1 body as a replacement instead of paying hundreds to repair my current one.
I've got a pretty good friend who's seen me at my worst.
He don't care if I'm a blessing or a curse,
But he always shows up when the chips are down.
That's the kind of friend I like to be around.