• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 1:20 am
Tags:
None
Aug 10, 2004
394 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
I replaced my aging x-e1 earlier this year with the xt-10 after the xt-20 was announced. I still like my x-e1 for the form factor but the xt-10 has been great! I am looking forward to seeing what the x-e3 has to offer though!
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3186 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
My friend ended up winning the X-E3 from the raffle they held after the Toronto event... not sure if they included a lens as well. One interesting thing is that they're bundling the E3 as body only, or with either XF 18-55mm kit lens or XF 23mm f/2...
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2002
4922 posts
4858 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have any contacts at Fuji Canada product management, to whom I can submit some product feedback? My X-T1 failed in a peculiar way on Day 1 of my Ireland vacation, possible due to some weak design aspects, and I would like to submit some objective feedback to the company.

EDIT: to be clear I've contacted the Fuji Support/Repair email, looking for a more direct contact for product design.

Also, does anyone know of a Fuji repair center in Toronto that can tell me if the camera is kaput or reasonable repairable? Description of failure:

* I have owned the X-T1 for about 3 years
* When hiking, I have the camera clipped onto a backpack using a Peak Design Capture Pro
* The clip point is a standard tripod mount screwed in tightly to the bottom of the camera
* Early in this trip, when removing the clip mount to connect an alternate tripod mount, the screw mount bracket bracket inside the camera somehow broke/detached from the metal camera body and is "loose" inside
* I was able to "screw in" the other tripod mount by carefully shaking/holding the camera in order to thread it into the loose nut
* Now, whenever the camera is power on with a lens attached, the LCD display flickers on/off regularly for about 30 seconds, then shows "LENS ERROR" and stays on (happens on all my lenses)

What I suspect happened is that walking around with the camera and Capture/Pro clip put a lot of fatigue stress on the tripod mount screw hole "structure", and which eventually gave way. I suspect some internal metal shavings or remains of the "mini screws" are loose inside somewhere, causing a short or other issue with the lens connection circuit.

Luckily for my vacation I had a backup camera -- a clearly much lesser performing but still reasonably capable Fuji XQ2 pocket camera.

Maybe looking at getting an X-E3 once prices drop a bit with the higher Canadian dollar. Or try to pick up a discount end-of-stock X-T1 body as a replacement instead of paying hundreds to repair my current one.
I've got a pretty good friend who's seen me at my worst.
He don't care if I'm a blessing or a curse,
But he always shows up when the chips are down.
That's the kind of friend I like to be around.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17679 posts
191 upvotes
YVR
Does anyone here know if Dell Canada is an authorized Fujifilm dealer? Fujifilm Canada's website doesn't mention anything about Dell and yet Dell is selling Fujifilm products. I just want to make sure whatever I buy from Dell isn't grey market products and that the warranty is fully valid in Canada.
Aug 1, 2010
735 posts
297 upvotes
Montreal
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 6:14 pm
Does anyone here know if Dell Canada is an authorized Fujifilm dealer? Fujifilm Canada's website doesn't mention anything about Dell and yet Dell is selling Fujifilm products. I just want to make sure whatever I buy from Dell isn't grey market products and that the warranty is fully valid in Canada.
Dell wouldn't sell gray market.
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17679 posts
191 upvotes
YVR
aerok wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 9:36 am
Dell wouldn't sell gray market.
Yet, Dell isn't on Fujifilm Canada's authorized dealer list.
Aug 1, 2010
735 posts
297 upvotes
Montreal
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 5:53 pm
Yet, Dell isn't on Fujifilm Canada's authorized dealer list.
There are different levels for Fujifilm dealers, the lowest being what Dell is. They only sell entry level, they are not allowed to sell X-T2, X-Pro 2 and many of their high end lenses. The highest level gives the stores access to GFX.
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2002
4922 posts
4858 upvotes
Toronto
hoob wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 10:06 am
EDIT: to be clear I've contacted the Fuji Support/Repair email, looking for a more direct contact for product design.
So I received the repair quote from Fuji, C$487 to repair my X-T1 body. Is it worth it given that a new one sold for C$650 recently (deal no longer available though) or save up the shekels for an X-T2 or X-E3?

I've got a pretty good friend who's seen me at my worst.
He don't care if I'm a blessing or a curse,
But he always shows up when the chips are down.
That's the kind of friend I like to be around.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3186 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
medved1 wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 9:53 pm
do you guys think it's worth to upgrade Fuji X-E2 to X-E3?
If you like the rangefinder form factor and are looking to upgrade already, then why not? Aside from the better sensor, there are some quality of life improvements introduced in the X-E3 that make it a better buy than the X-E2S, and still more reasonably priced than an upgrade to an X-Pro2.

Although if you're happy with the X-E2 and know you won't need higher resolution, or the thumbstick and touch controls, then might as well spend that money on a lens?
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Feb 19, 2008
246 posts
21 upvotes
+1. Well said. X-E3 is the best buy for someone new to X or considering upgrade from X-E1. For me, a X-E2 owner, I don't find the thumbstick and touch controls worth to upgrade, plus sure I will miss the d-pad. Money goes to lenses is always a wise put.
Feb 1, 2015
606 posts
132 upvotes
MB
KetchupChips wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:12 pm
+1. Well said. X-E3 is the best buy for someone new to X or considering upgrade from X-E1.
It depends on how you define "new".

Someone who wishes to entirely move to an affordable Fuji interchangeable lens system camera would be interested in the X-E3.
However, users like myself who already have a system camera with specifics needs or beginners/enthusiasts that favor a fixed lens would look into the X100F.
May 5, 2010
817 posts
216 upvotes
hoob wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 11:08 am
So I received the repair quote from Fuji, C$487 to repair my X-T1 body. Is it worth it given that a new one sold for C$650 recently (deal no longer available though) or save up the shekels for an X-T2 or X-E3?
I'm not aware of that sale with a X-T1 at $650, but the one at Lozeau for $499 was extremely limited (10 for the whole Canada), but I think it's fair to consider a brand new X-T1 more in the $800-1000 range, even though, as of right now, it cost more than $1000 at all the Canadian stores that sell it.

I just wonder what will become of its weather resistant feature after the repair. Will it still be or not?

Personally, I'll get it repair. The used market for it, in my city, is around $600. You can use it for a while and sell it later and not lose a dollar VS having a paper weight.
May 5, 2010
817 posts
216 upvotes
KetchupChips wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 1:12 pm
+1. Well said. X-E3 is the best buy for someone new to X or considering upgrade from X-E1. For me, a X-E2 owner, I don't find the thumbstick and touch controls worth to upgrade, plus sure I will miss the d-pad. Money goes to lenses is always a wise put.
The X-T20 is the same price as the X-E3 and both are almost the same in term of features. Can't really say which is better but for me, the tilt screen of the X-T20 is real nice to have and being left eye dominant, I do prefer a camera like the X-T20 more than rangefinder style.