None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5304 posts
5195 upvotes
Toronto
Gin Martini wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 3:39 pm
I'm not aware of that sale with a X-T1 at $650, but the one at Lozeau for $499 was extremely limited (10 for the whole Canada), but I think it's fair to consider a brand new X-T1 more in the $800-1000 range, even though, as of right now, it cost more than $1000 at all the Canadian stores that sell it.

I just wonder what will become of its weather resistant feature after the repair. Will it still be or not?

Personally, I'll get it repair. The used market for it, in my city, is around $600. You can use it for a while and sell it later and not lose a dollar VS having a paper weight.
Thanks for the feedback. For $478, I think I will repair it given if only to have as a spare X mount body and one I don't care about tossing about ("winter beater" body.)

Shopping around and found this sale at BH, which seems like a good deal:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... amera.html

US$1200 for X-T20, XC 16-50mm and XC 50-230mm lenses, and genuine Fuji grip.

I don't really need the 16-50 (have the 18-55 from the X-T1) but the "cheapo" long zoom is something I don't have now and rarely need but would be nice to have.

Any thoughts on this deal?
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
May 5, 2010
985 posts
285 upvotes
hoob wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 5:47 pm
Thanks for the feedback. For $478, I think I will repair it given if only to have as a spare X mount body and one I don't care about tossing about ("winter beater" body.)

Shopping around and found this sale at BH, which seems like a good deal:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... amera.html

US$1200 for X-T20, XC 16-50mm and XC 50-230mm lenses, and genuine Fuji grip.

I don't really need the 16-50 (have the 18-55 from the X-T1) but the "cheapo" long zoom is something I don't have now and rarely need but would be nice to have.

Any thoughts on this deal?
I think it's a good deal if you need a zoom lens. I just checked at Henrys and with only the body + the 50-230mm lens + tax (I'm in QC so I just have to pay the GST which is 5%, when shopping at Henrys or any Canadian shop outside of QC) it gives me a grand total of $1732.5 VS BH with both lenses and metal hand grip give a total of $1729 CAD. So it is like you get the 16-50 and hand grip in extra in exchange of the warranty. You won't have it in Canada so see if it's important to you specially that you know around how much it costs to repair a Fujifilm product.

In my case, both lenses and hand grip aren't for me so I'll not personally jump on a BH deal, but hopefully it's what you want.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5304 posts
5195 upvotes
Toronto
Gin Martini wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 9:06 pm
I think it's a good deal if you need a zoom lens. I just checked at Henrys and with only the body + the 50-230mm lens + tax (I'm in QC so I just have to pay the GST which is 5%, when shopping at Henrys or any Canadian shop outside of QC) it gives me a grand total of $1732.5 VS BH with both lenses and metal hand grip give a total of $1729 CAD. So it is like you get the 16-50 and hand grip in extra in exchange of the warranty. You won't have it in Canada so see if it's important to you specially that you know around how much it costs to repair a Fujifilm product.

In my case, both lenses and hand grip aren't for me so I'll not personally jump on a BH deal, but hopefully it's what you want.
Aden was able/willing to almost match the BH price (within $50) but for now I decided to have the X-T1 repaired, and picked up a used mint condition X-M1 body from Kijiji for $160 as an X-system backup.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
1885 posts
1296 upvotes
GTA
medved1 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 6:50 pm
Not sure if it's been posted, but Fuji is rumoured to be having a sale soon
Sale is on . but not much of a sale.

It's unfortunate how much Fuji lens prices have increased from last year. These are quotes I received in March 2016, when the CAD dollar was lower
XT2 body + XF 35mm f2WR + XF 55-200 $2835
XT2 + XF35mm f2WR + XF 18-135 $2925.00
X-T2 + XF 18-55mm + XF 90mm $3100.00
X-T2 + XF 16-55mm $2890.00
X-T2 + XF 16-55mm + XF 90mm $3725
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5304 posts
5195 upvotes
Toronto
Gin Martini wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 3:39 pm
I'm not aware of that sale with a X-T1 at $650, but the one at Lozeau for $499 was extremely limited (10 for the whole Canada), but I think it's fair to consider a brand new X-T1 more in the $800-1000 range, even though, as of right now, it cost more than $1000 at all the Canadian stores that sell it.

I just wonder what will become of its weather resistant feature after the repair. Will it still be or not?

Personally, I'll get it repair. The used market for it, in my city, is around $600. You can use it for a while and sell it later and not lose a dollar VS having a paper weight.
Kudos to Fuji camera repair service. Despite their initial assessment and my subsequent authorization of a $478 repair, they determine that the faults were much less, and in the end they only charged me $84 to service/fix my camera:

* $80 minimum service/technician charge
* QTY4 of "mini screws" to reattach the tripod mount internally ($1 each!)
* Something called "Repair front const" not sure what that means
* Updated my firmware (thanks, I guess!?)

I still have no idea how those screws came out/broke in the first place, but I know for sure it was not anyone/thing explicitly unscrewing them. But oh well, glad to have the camera back properly reassembled.

May 5, 2010
985 posts
285 upvotes
hoob wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 2:03 am
Kudos to Fuji camera repair service. Despite their initial assessment and my subsequent authorization of a $478 repair, they determine that the faults were much less, and in the end they only charged me $84 to service/fix my camera
Glad to hear bud! I never dealt with Fuji yet but it's good to hear good stories like that concerning them.
Feb 1, 2015
608 posts
133 upvotes
MB
Hi,

Anyone here owning a X100F that experienced issues with the ISO dial?
I can't change the ISO from the command dial anymore. Same thing when I switch to auto ISO and change the aperture and shutter speed.
For now, I can only do it from the iphone app. Will bring it back to the store and see what they can do.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3442 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
Re: the rebates, just make sure your camera applies. My dad bought a Fuji X-M1 from Aden camera on clearance last year and Fuji denied the rebate, saying it doesn't apply to discontinued cameras. Just FYI in case you're gonna buy one of these rebates...
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
16516 posts
565 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Thinking about the X-T20 that comes with the XF18-55 lens @ amazon for $1450.

Of course, that's basically regular price. Anyone think we'll see any discounts on it over the next 2 months?
Nov 23, 2013
37 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
konfusion666 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 4:43 pm
Thinking about the X-T20 that comes with the XF18-55 lens @ amazon for $1450.

Of course, that's basically regular price. Anyone think we'll see any discounts on it over the next 2 months?
I am in the same boat. I have been looking at the xt2 but I’m not taking a trip until probably May so I might wait a bit just in case they surprise announce an xt2s or something early next year.

I see dell.ca sells has the xt20 kit for the same price and ebates currently has 8.0% cash back. Not positive it applies to the cameras though?
May 5, 2010
985 posts
285 upvotes
For Black Friday around the corner and Boxing Day just a bit more than a month away, I think it's wise to just wait and see. Prices won't get lower after Boxing Day. Last year, most sales price was kept until like mid-January and it went back to full price.