Fujifilm Mirrorless Cameras

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2018 12:55 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 29, 2017
6 posts
Toronto, ON
Just got an xt2. I was using lightroom before but i don't like the idea of a subscription for something that i just casually use. What options do i have for non-subscription based software?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8181 posts
805 upvotes
Spirit7 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 7:04 am
Just got an xt2. I was using lightroom before but i don't like the idea of a subscription for something that i just casually use. What options do i have for non-subscription based software?
Get lr6 non cc version. It's still available from different stores.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3444 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
Spirit7 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 7:04 am
I've heard good things about Luminar but check out this page for other options:

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/photog ... ernatives/
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2002
1939 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Hello,

Is there a way to shoot photos with the camera (X100T) and have it display on either iPad or android tablet automatically? (or most automated way as possible)
May 5, 2010
997 posts
289 upvotes
xxgg wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 10:27 pm
Hello,

Is there a way to shoot photos with the camera (X100T) and have it display on either iPad or android tablet automatically? (or most automated way as possible)
Like live preview? Not possible, from my knowledge. I have the X100T and I use their app a lot. You can transfer pictures from the camera to a smartphone or tablet, you can also remote control the camera, but you can't do both at the same time.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2002
1939 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn't have to be "live" view but have the picture taken to be auto/semi auto transferred to a tablet? or something like that without myself having to go through menus and click several bottons, etc...
May 5, 2010
997 posts
289 upvotes
xxgg wrote:
Mar 18th, 2018 3:37 pm
Doesn't have to be "live" view but have the picture taken to be auto/semi auto transferred to a tablet? or something like that without myself having to go through menus and click several bottons, etc...
There's no such function on the X100T. Maybe you're using an Iphone, but on my Android smartphone, I just have to open the app and click on connect, no need to change wifi by myself or anything like that and on my X100T, I kept the wifi button as the intended wireless connection switch, so it's 1 click. It's 3 click in total before I can choose what to transfer, it's by far the easiest wireless function I used on all my cameras. In real life, it takes about 15-20 secondes before I see my pictures on my cell.
Nov 23, 2013
38 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
Just a reminder that the Fuji XT2 got its firmware update yesterday that added a lot of the stuff from the XH-1 ... internal flog.. improved AF... 120fps recording at 1080p.

Also I noticed Amazon.ca has 8 - 14 % off most of the Fuji lenses right now. It seems like only some of the cheaper ones have no discount. Although I did notice the 100-400 was back at $1999 a week or two ago and it’s just 2199 right now.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3444 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
So I got an X-Pro2 and I'm loving it so far.

Question for X-Pro shooters - in what scenarios do you use the OVF? Any tips on using it for framing? I always get messed up by the parallax correction frame after you half press the shutter.

May 5, 2010
997 posts
289 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
May 9th, 2018 12:34 pm
So I got an X-Pro2 and I'm loving it so far.

Question for X-Pro shooters - in what scenarios do you use the OVF? Any tips on using it for framing? I always get messed up by the parallax correction frame after you half press the shutter.
Congrats man! From using the X100T, I use the OVF on day time since the accuracy on the X100T isn't that great at night and I have no way to tell if it's in focus or not without playback (it misses even when the little green box appears). That and when I use it with my manual flash.
I don't have much problem with the parallax correction since I shoot more far than close with the 23mm on it and after a certain distance, there's almost no correction at all. But I'm sure with practice, you'll be able to tell how much adjustment the camera will do when you're within a certain distance.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3444 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
Gin Martini wrote:
May 9th, 2018 3:22 pm
Congrats man! From using the X100T, I use the OVF on day time since the accuracy on the X100T isn't that great at night and I have no way to tell if it's in focus or not without playback (it misses even when the little green box appears). That and when I use it with my manual flash.
I don't have much problem with the parallax correction since I shoot more far than close with the 23mm on it and after a certain distance, there's almost no correction at all. But I'm sure with practice, you'll be able to tell how much adjustment the camera will do when you're within a certain distance.
Thanks, yeah I finally managed to get one at a good price and it was bnib too! I still have my XT1 but I'll likely just hold on to it since resale values are crap.

I've got the 18 f2 and 35 f2 Fuji lenses that I've been testing of vs evf with, and I just grabbed a cheap 50-230, which I'll likely use evf only. Also have some adapted Canon FD lenses that I'm gonna try too.

The green box thing confused me at first and the manual wasn't very clear on how to use it, but I've since turned on a setting that also gives me an idea of where the parallax adjustment is. Its super fun to shoot the OVF though and as much as possible I like keeping it there.

May 5, 2010
997 posts
289 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
May 10th, 2018 10:34 am
Thanks, yeah I finally managed to get one at a good price and it was bnib too! I still have my XT1 but I'll likely just hold on to it since resale values are crap.

I've got the 18 f2 and 35 f2 Fuji lenses that I've been testing of vs evf with, and I just grabbed a cheap 50-230, which I'll likely use evf only. Also have some adapted Canon FD lenses that I'm gonna try too.

The green box thing confused me at first and the manual wasn't very clear on how to use it, but I've since turned on a setting that also gives me an idea of where the parallax adjustment is. Its super fun to shoot the OVF though and as much as possible I like keeping it there.
Nice! I sure enjoyed the OVF at first too and there's a few advantages over the EVF like you can see wider than the lens does, specially when you use a bigger zoom lens. I think all my problems with the OVF with my X100T are caused with the big focus point. Even at the smallest size, it's like the size of 10% of the surface. I hope it's better on the X-Pro2
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5310 posts
5204 upvotes
Toronto
Any recommendation for a camera store in Calgary that would have good selection of Fuji in stock? Might pick up an X-T20 at only 5% tax while I'm here..
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
May 5, 2010
997 posts
289 upvotes
hoob wrote:
May 13th, 2018 10:55 pm
Any recommendation for a camera store in Calgary that would have good selection of Fuji in stock? Might pick up an X-T20 at only 5% tax while I'm here..
TheCameraStore. Too bad you won't see Chris or Jordan there anymore.
May 3, 2011
98 posts
9 upvotes
I bought a used xt20 off kijiji to take with me on a trip, but yesterday it suddenly just stopped working and wont turn on no matter what I do...the only indication that it might still be alive is that the indicator light lights up when I charge it via usb (still doesn't power on tho).

Anyone know what I should do? Send it to fuji for repairs? (I'm so sad...I can't even take photos for the rest of my trip now...) currently in tokyo right now, anyone know where I can take it to get some help...?