Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1001 posts
290 upvotes
helloo wrote:
May 17th, 2018 3:11 am
I bought a used xt20 off kijiji to take with me on a trip, but yesterday it suddenly just stopped working and wont turn on no matter what I do...the only indication that it might still be alive is that the indicator light lights up when I charge it via usb (still doesn't power on tho).

Anyone know what I should do? Send it to fuji for repairs? (I'm so sad...I can't even take photos for the rest of my trip now...) currently in tokyo right now, anyone know where I can take it to get some help...?
Do you have multiple batteries? Won't it turns on with any of them? If you have one 1 battery, maybe it's the battery that's dead. Check if any store in Tokyo will let you try with a battery before buying. Like if they have some used one that they can let you make a test.
May 3, 2011
98 posts
9 upvotes
Gin Martini wrote:
May 17th, 2018 7:14 am
Do you have multiple batteries? Won't it turns on with any of them? If you have one 1 battery, maybe it's the battery that's dead. Check if any store in Tokyo will let you try with a battery before buying. Like if they have some used one that they can let you make a test.
No, I only have one battery. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to go try that tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5311 posts
5205 upvotes
Toronto
helloo wrote:
I bought a used xt20 off kijiji to take with me on a trip, but yesterday it suddenly just stopped working and wont turn on no matter what I do...the only indication that it might still be alive is that the indicator light lights up when I charge it via usb (still doesn't power on tho).

Anyone know what I should do? Send it to fuji for repairs? (I'm so sad...I can't even take photos for the rest of my trip now...) currently in tokyo right now, anyone know where I can take it to get some help...?
As silly as it sounds... try giving the camera a *really* good strong shake for 30 seconds.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
16577 posts
573 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
helloo wrote:

isn't fuji based out of japan?
and you're already in japan...
but i guess you may need to find a shop/fuji office which can deal with English-speaking customers...
May 3, 2011
98 posts
9 upvotes
Just an update, but i wasnt able to fix my camera during my trip in japan (thanks for the tips everyone), but i was able to ship it to fuji for fixing when i came back to canada. They fixed it within 2 weeks. It seems they replaced the main circuit board or something like that. Really happy that the warranty covered it (the 1yr warranty was over right after they fixed it ) It was kinda of weird that they dont update you when theyre fixing it or even when they send it back....it just suddenly arrived at my doorstep and i happened to be home to sign for it.
Apr 19, 2017
91 posts
10 upvotes
Looking for some positive affirmation...

X-T20
XF 35 f/2.0
Metal case grip
Tempered glass screen protector
3.5mm to 2.5mm microphone converter
Soft release button
All boxes, etc.
2 year warranty

...for $1200 all in. Buy?

Anything specific to look for on a second hand mirrorless?
May 3, 2011
98 posts
9 upvotes
chiggyv wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 7:51 pm
Looking for some positive affirmation...

X-T20
XF 35 f/2.0
Metal case grip
Tempered glass screen protector
3.5mm to 2.5mm microphone converter
Soft release button
All boxes, etc.
2 year warranty

...for $1200 all in. Buy?

Anything specific to look for on a second hand mirrorless?
Don't know if this is helpful to you, but I got my xt20 off kijiji for $900. (Came w/ metal grip and xc 16-50mm and all boxes accessories)
Just google "tips for buying used mirrorless". I wasn't really all that thorough when i bought mine...just checked that it worked and there wasn't any dust/dirt on the sensor.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
16577 posts
573 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
So... I'll be joining the Fuji shooter club very soon, as I expect to receive my X-T20 w/XF 18-55mm pretty soon.

Any first-day thoughts for me? What are the first few things I should do once I get it? :)
Feb 19, 2008
259 posts
24 upvotes
Play around all the Fn buttons and see how they can be customized to suit your shooting styles.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7727 posts
1059 upvotes
Montreal
konfusion666 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 10:17 am
So... I'll be joining the Fuji shooter club very soon, as I expect to receive my X-T20 w/XF 18-55mm pretty soon.

Any first-day thoughts for me? What are the first few things I should do once I get it? :)

Maybe check this video out...

Tutorials are pretty good...
Jul 28, 2009
455 posts
29 upvotes
Hi guys,

Thoughts on some relatively cheaper cameras such as X-A3, used A2, etc. Just for everyday amateur photography.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3444 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
green_sky wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 2:34 pm
Hi guys,

Thoughts on some relatively cheaper cameras such as X-A3, used A2, etc. Just for everyday amateur photography.

Thanks
I started with an X-A1 and loved it enough for me to upgrade a couple years later. Out of camera jpegs look great and you have access to Fuji's film simulations, which are beautiful. I started with the 16-50 kit lens and the 27mm pancake and it was a nice, portable walk-around camera that was fun to use and produced great results.
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Apr 19, 2017
91 posts
10 upvotes
Loving my X-T20 for the short time I've had it. Granted it costs 10x the Walmart SL1 I started out with, this camera has me wanting to go out and shoot a LOT more.

Hoping to trade the 18-55 for a 23 f/2 if anyone is interested. I have a feeling a fixed prime will help with my creativity when out on the street.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
16577 posts
573 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
chiggyv wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 2:36 pm
Loving my X-T20 for the short time I've had it. Granted it costs 10x the Walmart SL1 I started out with, this camera has me wanting to go out and shoot a LOT more.

Hoping to trade the 18-55 for a 23 f/2 if anyone is interested. I have a feeling a fixed prime will help with my creativity when out on the street.
I'm still a n00b but with the same body/lens as you.

question; why do you need a 23 f/2 since you can simply set the 18-55 to "23"? i'm guessing something to do with aperture?