Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1687 posts
1039 upvotes
Gin Martini wrote:
Aug 19th, 2018 2:43 am
No prob bud. I forgot to add that the XF10, X-A5 and X-T100 shares the same 24 mp Bayer sensor and X100F, X-E3, X-Pro2, X-T20 and X-T2 shares the same X-Trans sensor. Both are good and any models that share the same sensor will produce an image that is identical. I.E. : X-E3 vs X-Pro2 with the same lens = same image quality.

If you have the budget for, I recommend you the X-E3. You get a better physical controls like shutter speed, exposure compensation dials and a joystick to easily move your focus points. It also has useable 4k at 30 fps (X-A5 has 15 fps only, which is just useless) and an EVF.
As for the X-E2, it's really similar to the X-E3 without the 24mp res sensor, no 4K and has slower auto focus. Image quality wise, it'll produce very similar photos compared to the X-E3.
Excellent, thank you
Aug 10, 2004
452 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
@jakemtl if you want to stick with a lower budget, you can always consider the used market if you're comfortable with buying used. I've bought cameras used on kijiji and saved compared to buying new. Bodies and lenses are both generally cheaper on the used market but you have to be patient and find one in the right condition and price that you're willing to pay.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2002
1940 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Have X-T2 price dropped and X-Pro2 increased past few months?

I can't remember what the prices used to be back when it was launched... feel like X-Pro2 price have gone up.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2002
1124 posts
38 upvotes
X-T3 photos leaked:

https://www.fujirumors.com/leaked-first ... t3-images/

Rumoured announcement on September 6th, rumoured specs (also courtesy of Fujirumours.com):

- coming in silver (not graphite) and black
- shipping late September
- BSI Sensor
- 30fps with ES in 1.25x crop mode
- 20fps with ES full sensor readout
- 11 fps MS
- has an exposure compensation dial
- headphone jack
- no selfie screen
- Phase detection coverage on entire sensor
- Improved Face/Eye detection
- 425 AF Points, available also in AF-C
- Improved Low Light Autofocus
- Video Specs: 4K at 60p, Zebra and 10 bit (I am verifying if 10 bit is also internal)
- No new film simulation (for now)
- Base ISO 160
- Fujifilm X-T3 Will Cost Less than Fujifilm X-T2 (less than $1,599 usd)
- 26MP X-Trans sensor
- new processor
- no IBIS
- touch screen
- better battery performance
- made in China

Looks pretty good to me!
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1045 posts
342 upvotes
Aw man, no graphite = no deal for me :(

Just kidding, that silver looks alright.

I'm pretty excited with all the improvement, specially the 4k 60p and improved face/eye detection.

Is the X-T2 also made in China? My X-T1 was still made in Japan. If not, then it can explain the drop in price.

Anyway, I can't wait to be in October so all the rumored cameras are out and maybe get a new cam: Nikon Z (announced), Leica M10-P (announced & released), Canon R, Sony A7SIII, a new APS-C Sony emount camera, Zeiss & Panasonic's FF cameras.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2002
1124 posts
38 upvotes
Gin Martini wrote:
Sep 1st, 2018 4:12 pm
I'm pretty excited with all the improvement, specially the 4k 60p and improved face/eye detection.

Is the X-T2 also made in China? My X-T1 was still made in Japan. If not, then it can explain the drop in price.

Anyway, I can't wait to be in October so all the rumored cameras are out and maybe get a new cam: Nikon Z (announced), Leica M10-P (announced & released), Canon R, Sony A7SIII, a new APS-C Sony emount camera, Zeiss & Panasonic's FF cameras.
Agreed, I'm hoping for the same from the x-t3.

X-t2 was made in Japan.

Ya, super exciting times, I'm looking forward to all the announcements, especially Fuji's and Canon's!
Nov 23, 2013
42 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
Fuji has lenses on sale again. Amazon has the XF 16-55MM 2.8 R LM WR on for 1176.22 (24% off)... I decided to go ahead and grab one. Everything else seems to be the usual 150 to 200off.
Feb 19, 2008
259 posts
24 upvotes
While all XF lenses are on sale, I am considering the 56mm F1.2 and the 90mm F2. Personally, I am more lean on the 90mm except the size. Anyone having 90mm on X-T20 can comment?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
16778 posts
616 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Marxwell wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 4:41 pm
Fuji has lenses on sale again. Amazon has the XF 16-55MM 2.8 R LM WR on for 1176.22 (24% off)... I decided to go ahead and grab one. Everything else seems to be the usual 150 to 200off.
trying to decide between the XF 35mm F2 prime lens which is now $450 (from $500).

However, I'm still new to my Fuji, and MILC in general. Should I continue to spend a few months learning/practicing with my kit lens (XF 18-55 F2.8-4 R LM OIS - the "better" kit lens) ?

Is it typical to expect another similar lens sale as this, around Black Friday time? I am in no rush, I can wait until then...
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3513 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
konfusion666 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:57 am
trying to decide between the XF 35mm F2 prime lens which is now $450 (from $500).

However, I'm still new to my Fuji, and MILC in general. Should I continue to spend a few months learning/practicing with my kit lens (XF 18-55 F2.8-4 R LM OIS - the "better" kit lens) ?

Is it typical to expect another similar lens sale as this, around Black Friday time? I am in no rush, I can wait until then...
If you can, try to head out to a camera store when the Fuji guys are doing demos, because they used to give out coupons for $50 rebate on purchases of $150 or more. You can also try out the lenses to see how they work for you. IIRC they usually advertise these on their Facebook page or on Twitter.

The "Better" kit lens as you call it is a pretty phenomenal lens, and if you're still learning, it's a good one to have. I do think that if you want to get into primes, look at the photos that you have shot and see what focal length you're shooting them at, and let that decide what prime lens you should grab.

The 35 f2 is a good, fast, light, weather-sealed lens that can handle a ton of scenarios. I feel like it's a no brainer for a decent all-around lens as it can work for various types of photography, from street to a bit of portrait... But if you find that a lot of the photos you take are on the wider or tighter end, you might want to consider either the 23 f2 or 50 f2 instead, depending on the type of photos you take.
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2002
1124 posts
38 upvotes
KetchupChips wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 9:42 pm
While all XF lenses are on sale, I am considering the 56mm F1.2 and the 90mm F2. Personally, I am more lean on the 90mm except the size. Anyone having 90mm on X-T20 can comment?
Haven't shot much with the 90mm but would recommend the 56 1.2 over it as I find the focal length more versatile and bokeh more pleasing.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3513 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
Fuji X-T3 was announced, with some modest bumps in performance over the X-T2.

$1,899.99 body only in Canada (They moved manufacturing from Japan to China, if that matters to you)

Some improvements (many of this and more mentioned above):

- 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 Sensor
- X-Processor 4 Image Processing Engine
- touchscreen
- 425 phase detection autofocus points
- improved face/eye detection
- lockable diopter
- new "digital microprism" focus (as a film shooter, this is kinda cool)
- 16 Film Simulation Modes (Added ACROS and Eterna simulations) + Color Chrome and warm/cool filters
- Bluetooth technology
- headphone jack
- lots of video additions
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Sep 26, 2017
70 posts
5 upvotes
used XT2 for around 1.2k or the new one for 1.9k+tax?
Aug 1, 2010
972 posts
549 upvotes
Montreal
I'm only buying a new body for next summer so I'll wait for the X-H2 before making my mind on the X-T3.